It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza conflict: 'Israeli market strike kills 15'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The ceasefires are not unconditional...
It's stipulated by Israel they will ceasefire in Western Gaza but will be allowed to attack the East & vice verca...

So when you say "Hamas continued to fire rockets"...
Take into account that where the ceasefire exists there is no rocket fire...
Just the places not in the ceasefire parameters!!!

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 30-7-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Because Hamas is running a PR campaign against Isreal. They know they are outgunned and outmatched.

Right minded people find civilian and child deaths disgusting...
No PR campaign is needed for such atrocities!!!

Peace Mask!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rockn82

Again this is the old argument "well their rockets aren't as good ".

Since when does a person or countries effectiveness of their weapons of war make a difference?

Again. If I'm carrying a rifle and you shoot at me w a 22 pistol. That still has the potential to kill. I'm blasting you w my rifle. Sorry

That is a tired. Weak excuse to create havok

The only reason they aren't blowing people up as much w suicide bombers is because Isreal built a fence.

You can bet if Hamas had access to Israel's firepower they would be dropping it on Isreal.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Because Hamas is running a PR campaign against Isreal. They know they are outgunned and outmatched.

Peace Mask!!!

I absolutely agree w you there. It is disgusting and it is a tragedy

However the world is not what it use to be. The world can't stomach what happens in war. And the terrorist regime that is Hamas knows this. That's why they position themselves the way they do.

They have to vindicate their own actions in the blood of the innocent Palestinian people

This should be condemned just as much

Peace to you as well my friend

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Peace Mask!!!

I absolutely agree w you there. It is disgusting and it is a tragedy

However the world is not what it use to be. The world can't stomach what happens in war. And the terrorist regime that is Hamas knows this. That's why they position themselves the way they do.

They have to vindicate their own actions in the blood of the innocent Palestinian people

This should be condemned just as mucch

It's my opinion that the Palestinian people are held hostage just as much by Hamas as they are their sanctions by Isreal.

Peace to you as well my friend

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Dble

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You replied saying that there is no way IDF did this. I simply laid out the reason's why it couldn't have been an errant rocket.

You mention,

Again. If I'm carrying a rifle and you shoot at me w a 22 pistol. That still has the potential to kill. I'm blasting you w my rifle. Sorry

As I ended my post, I do not excuse them for being fired in the first place. At the same time I do not excuse the Isreal for occupying land which is not theirs. That said, If you come take my home i'll fight you with whatever I have to repel you, and that would include rocks and sticks.

This is the exact same scenario you have presented to me with guns and you said you'd blast me anyway. There is a slight difference when it comes to the tactics used but the principle is there. What's left of Gaza is a 25 by 7 mile strip of land where 1.8 million people live. Now they do so without water or electricity, and many without homes. 20 years ago we were able to hit exact locations in Iraq specific to floors and weapon systems have only improved since then. I'd venture to say that if the IDF wanted to they could take out individual apples at fruit markets from 7 miles.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rockn82

Can you please state where I said there was no way IDF did this?

And inunderstsnd you do not excuse Hamas for their bombing campaigns. Forgive me for not making that clear. I know you aren't giving the a pass on that

The rest of you post on their conditions is also true. Yet Hamas and it's leaders seem to be living quite well w water and other luxuries

Again I stand on the principle that Hamas is holding it's own people hostage and perpetuating the state Palestine is in by their own actions both militarily, politically and humanitarianly (is that a word?)

They are copable for the loss of innocent lives in their own territory as well

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
All the people who defend Israel's indiscriminate killing of innocents can say is 'Hamas, Hamas, Hamas, Hamas.' But the inconvenient thing for them is that the world community isn't outraged about the deaths of Hamas fighters, people are outraged about the deaths of civilians. This thread isn't about Hamas either, and yet that's all it comes back to from the pro-Israeli side. They don't seem to see dead women and children, only dead terrorists.

A year or two ago, I would have supported Israel. But now the evidence of Israel's systematic slaughter of innocents is too great to ignore. I hope they know that what they're doing will eventually be visited in kind upon themselves. Because make no mistake, it will, and I'm increasingly sure that I won't be feeling a lick of sympathy when it does. Those days are behind me.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well you got me there. I was actually replying to humanity. Since I tried to make the post smaller I got rid of the extra, quoted him, and left your name
: (

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

But in kind to carry on the conversation...

I can wholeheartedlynesstrophic ( i can make up words too ) agree with you about Hamas being culpable as well. It's just that I know the precision of weapons we have and that we share with Israel. I wasn't exaggerating when I said they could take out apples from their border. 2.5 miles is not hard for a good sniper with a .338. (I can hit a paint can at 2 miles) With the loss of so many innocent people it's hard to justify 500-800lb bombs. Israel could make this mush less messy, but they just aren't and that's my problem with it.
edit on 30-7-2014 by rockn82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

No one can defend the killing of innocent civilians.

The question is, how much responsibility does Hamas bare regarding current situation?

Is it reasonable to expect the IDF to just sit back and not respond to missile attacks because they originate from civilian areas?

I don't know the answer to that question.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

I refuse to believe that the only answer to a few petty rockets that the Israeli's know full well are in all likelihood aren't going to hit anything is leveling a residential area.

The people of Gaza are fish in a barrel, and Israeli's are cheering while the IDF shoots them. That turns my stomach, and it hardens my heart against the lot of them. Unfairly or not.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Sure, I can understand that point of view as a neutral observer.

But how would you feel if your country was under constant rocket fire, even with the Iron Dome?

Would you want your Government to stand down because terrorists were embedded among civilians?

Would you want your government to ignore the network of underground tunnels being constructed for the sole purpose of kidnapping and killing civilians in your country?

People seem to forget that Israel is facing an absolutely insane and unprecedented scenario at the moment.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I'll wait for an official response from the IDF.

We already know what their official response will be. There was Hamas rocket fire from "the vicinity."

It was in the vicinity so they decided to directly hit the marketplace - just to be sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I would want the government to tackle the root causes of why these people believe their only resort is to launch rockets at Israel and why they are so upset - rather than pounding them into the dust all the time.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09

I would want the government to tackle the root causes of why these people believe their only resort is to launch rockets at Israel and why they are so upset - rather than pounding them into the dust all the time.

How can the Israeli government tackle the root causes of the conflict when Hamas will not accept the existence of a state of Israel within any borders at all?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'd want my government to stop killing innocents in my name. I'd want them to create the position for the Palestinians where they don't feel that violence is their best course of action, not seemingly do everything to ensure that the cycle of violence continues forever.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockn82

Well you got me there. I was actually replying to humanity. Since I tried to make the post smaller I got rid of the extra, quoted him, and left your name
: (

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

But in kind to carry on the conversation...

I can wholeheartedlynesstrophic ( i can make up words too ) agree with you about Hamas being culpable as well. It's just that I know the precision of weapons we have and that we share with Israel. I wasn't exaggerating when I said they could take out apples from their border. 2.5 miles is not hard for a good sniper with a .338. (I can hit a paint can at 2 miles) With the loss of so many innocent people it's hard to justify 500-800lb bombs. Israel could make this mush less messy, but they just aren't and that's my problem with it.

LoL not a problem I do the same thing, and a lot of times im on my Iphone and dont complete words so I end up coming off as dyslexic......(lysdexic?)

Anyway, I agree with everything you just posted

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

HA! Nobody ever agrees with me!

Dear Diary today...

Cheers : )

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09

I would want the government to tackle the root causes of why these people believe their only resort is to launch rockets at Israel

The root cause is that Israel actually exists - remember Hamas have it in their charter that Israel must be destroyed - a fact Hamas supporters love to ignore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join