It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alien Artifacts on the Moon?" - Forbes Article Points to New Credible Crowdsourced Search for ET

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: JadeStar

Umm...I'm not the only one that knows that the first image is of Meteor Crater in Arizona, right?

No, see this post and this follow-up by the OP. It was a test of critical thinking. Most seem to have failed it, though!
edit on 31-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Yeah, I read page two of this thread after posting my response. I agree...massive failure of people not even noticing roads and buildings and a parking lot (or, at least, not mentioning it).

Aside: I've been to Meteor Crater...it's pretty farkin' cool. Of course, it was 23 years ago, but still cool.
edit on 31-7-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Sorry but any claims that they are on the Moon & Mars are total and utter Bull Cookies.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX

originally posted by: JadeStar

Some more pics from his album which I happen to possess...

And that is quite clearly a strap on the spacecraft as well, if you look at it in context. It protrudes into the bottom of the frame and casts an obvious shadow. Here it is in two separate panoramas from Luna-9:

These anomalies are nothing of the sort if you do a bit of basic research.

And you had the audacity to tell me to "do my homework"?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
It still surprises me that we have to suffer with fuzzy images with bad definition, yet we can build telescopes that can see other galaxies perfectly.

Why is it so hard to get some clear close ups of somthing only hundreds of thousands of miles away?!

Apples and oranges, honestly. My telescope can see other galaxies perfectly, but it can't come close to resolving the equipment left on the moon. For example, here's an image my telescope took of the Whirlpool galaxy:

Nice, isn't it? This camera configuration wouldn't work so well on the moon though, at least not for revealing small details. The horizontal width of the image is approximately half a degree wide, so the moon's apparent diameter would just fit within the image (horizontally, it would be clipped vertically). At an angular resolution of 1.16 arcseconds per pixel (if you right click on it and hit "view image" you can see the full resolution is 1600x1200), if you took an image of the moon each pixel would correspond to a whopping 2.1 km on the moon. Any features smaller than about 2 km would not be resolved. We can see distant galaxies because they're huge, and even from millions of light years away they still generally have angular sizes many arcseconds wide, large enough for our telescopes to easily resolve. The andromeda galaxy, the closest spiral galaxy to ours, is even larger than the moon in the sky. You just can't see its full extent without a long exposure photograph.
apod.nasa.gov...
Make sense now?
edit on 31-7-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

This second image was discovered my mikesingh a former ATS member. You could have at least acknowledged him!!

Check out his thread on ATS here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some more pics from his album which I happen to possess...

Ah good old mikesingh the guy who kept on insisting on towers on the Moon until it was pointed out that the shadows (actually what they were) would be in the other direction when compared to shadows on the craters!!!!

There you go OrionHunterX mike has been acknowledged

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hi All,

Interesting thread, thought your idea about small scale remnants was a good one Jade. Personally, I think if any artifacts were to be found they would be found in much the same fashion as we find neolithic artifacts here on earth (aerial photography, geo-phys survey, hands in the dirt). At the moment, all we have is the photography part, so until we can scrape that regolith away we may just discover tantalizing hints. I Think anything that's there to be found has probably been ruins for millenia, whether it was our own species at a higher level of technology, or another species altogether.

With this in mind, I began to look for subsurface features in much the same way as archaeologists here on earth do it, by satellite and aircraft. Some of you may recall (I think it was a couple years back) the DoD satellite that a team got some time on. They pointed it on the Nile and uncovered new pyramids. Somewhat unfortunately, it was Zahi Hawass they had to interface with, so I leave that there.

Anyway, to return to the point, I did indeed come across some interesting subsurface features here

As you will observe, the scene when viewed from altitude seems a little contrived. There's something about it that does not ring true to me as an entirely natural feature. There seem to be two semi-circle shapes, the easternmost of which seem to exhibit hints of structure below. I also observe sweeping right angles, consistent with a pipe line or roadway, but its difficult to tell. Finally, between the two semicircles we have these "dark patches". At first I thought they were craters, but when I tried to resolve them (from 250m pp down to 32m pp) they seemed to just be part of the lunar landscape, although their character changes when viewed from altitude.

Natural explanations? Well the most obvious one I suppose is that they are back filled craters, littered with rocks. I'm sure someone will come up with a good explanation, I'm neither an archaeologist nor a geologist. I merely thought I'd make the submission in the spirit of Jade's OP.

-C

PS- Location data
Lat: -65.5264
Lon: 151.8046
(S-SW of crater Lyman V, NW of Lyman Q,)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I see an upside down number 5 in this photo.
I can't tell what the scale would be here.
It could be from someone's shoe print, or in the dirt to mark the place.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter Awesome photograph!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
I see an upside down number 5 in this photo.
I can't tell what the scale would be here.
It could be from someone's shoe print, or in the dirt to mark the place.

Which photo, the blown-up blurry one or the one from the map? The scale of the bottom image is 1 metre per pixel at full size.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
a reply to: ngchunter Awesome photograph!

Go HERE see more of ngc's and other members pictures.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It seems you have not read the link I have so thoughtfully provided for dummies like you. All this crap about they being pieces of the Lunar lander is plain hogwash! Seems you are part of the sheeple who fall for the 'official' statements trotted out by NASA etc.

Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
Yep! I remember that. Like this one?

edit on 1-8-2014 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It seems you have not read the link I have so thoughtfully provided for dummies like you. All this crap about they being pieces of the Lunar lander is plain hogwash! Seems you are part of the sheeple who fall for the 'official' statements trotted out by NASA etc.

Nuff said.

Don't be so ridiculous. Why would "NASA" be making official statements about a Russian lander? All you need is a pair of eyes in your head and a brain.

Sheeple

edit on 1-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: wmd_2008
Yep! I remember that. Like this one?

Yes a great example of members on here like mike, YOU and others of their pure LACK of understanding of what they see in images

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There's a WHOLE lot more than those!

I believe the Annunaki Female Pilot's five kilometer ship is still up there, and the beautiful angelic Cathedral, and I know that China and Japan have some SERIOUSLY sharp and EXCELLENT pictures of the Moon and all its buildings and other things. The pyramid on the moon is very interesting, with that very alien-looking sphinx. I love to see what is on the other planets as well.

edit on 6-8-2014 by maceov because: I hit the send button too early...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: maceov

There's a WHOLE lot more than those!

I believe the Annunaki Female Pilot's five kilometer ship is still up there, and the beautiful angelic Cathedral.

You mean the "Apollo 20" rubbish? The "ship" is commonly known as a "hill", and the "cathedral" is called "Photoshop".

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Visit the ATS Live Forum for more information. Look for Out of the Box SE5 EP3.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am reviving this 2014 thread, with new and relevant information:

news.yahoo.com...

CHINESE LUNAR ROVER FINDS THAT OUR MOON'S HISTORY IS "LIVLIER AND MORE COMPLEX" THAN THOUGHT
China's "Yutu" rover has found evidence of 9 distinct rock layers deep beneath its wheels, meaning it has been geologically active over the past 3.3 billion years.

Another surprise is that more volcanic events have been found, from the late volcanism history of the Moon. And that some of those volcanic events were explosive, blasting out pyro-clastic rocks.

A suspicious "glitch" ended Yutu's travels in January 2014.

www.space.com...
(June 2013) TEN SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT OUR MOON

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There are some nice high resolution pictures of moon surface in LRO. The point of contention however is everytime you find something unusual artificial looking in moon pic, its always at a resolution that you cant really tell without a higher resolution pic. Then theres some pictures that have blacked out areas. Seems all a bit of coincidence to me, and frankly indicates there is something to hide.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join