It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alien Artifacts on the Moon?" - Forbes Article Points to New Credible Crowdsourced Search for ET

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: wildespace
No alien bases there.

Wrong. BINGO!

WRONG zoom in closer

Go CHECK THE SCALE

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: uncommitted

The Romeo kilos are the ones on the moon. They also have people on mars too.

Of course they do how silly of us

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I always read threads like these. You never know when you are going to actually learn something useful or discover something new and unheard of.

But this is a pattern, and it keeps repeating itself.

The scientific community decides to give a little credibility to the search of alien life, and then comes the huge tsunami of people who think they know/seen something others haven't, and that tsunami destroys any credibility that was gained. This thread is proof of that, except for some sane and reasonable posts, and the OP material.

I do believe there are aliens out there. Heck, I think it's impossible that there aren't aliens out there, especially considering a species like ours exists and has grown to the point we see today. It comes as a huge surprise to me how we have things like Internet and satellites in orbit when there are people on this planet that are stupid by their own decision, and some are even capable of fighting for their right to be stupid!

...but it's sad to me. It's sad how that same tsunami just ruins everything. You are supposed to be the ones who know this stuff on the tip of your tongues. You are not supposed to be the persons spewing BS and giving uneducated guesses.

This could be a great thing for the search of ancient history, and I love that science is starting to really get open-minded regarding alien life. Personally, I think that a lot of egos have kept archeology and space exploration back, just because their university paperworks would be put in question otherwise, so they went through the ridicule path.

They can't, and shouldn't, state that it's impossible for an alien race to have been here on Earth in the past, or the Moon or any other planet, nor they can deny that it's possible some influences came from the presence or visit of an alien race. They simply can't, because the damning evidence could still be unfound and tomorrow everything changes.

But those are possibilities, that in good science, should always be open.

However, can you blame them? Look at the things you say in these forums. Active alien bases? Are you stupid?! How can a government tape over the eyes of thousands of scientists, most of which despise governmental control, and over millions of amateurish eyes?

You are so eager to be the firsts to find out that evidence of alien life, that even basic and sane reason has been thrown out the window. You are absolutely mental when it comes to search for that evidence. Stupidity has replaced curiosity, intelligence has been replaced by arrogance and it's just nearly impossible to debate any of this stuff without immediately being labelled some old farted cliche adjective.

And god forbid that some of you use common, plain, unaltered common sense in your opinions! Common sense has grown to be the Kryptonite of ufology and ancient alien artifacts search.

I would love to see this to rise and become something credible. But it won't... It will be another luney-tool to be exploited and abused for all the wrong reasons.

This is supposed to be a tool to find the good and tasty evidence. Not a tool so that everyone can claim to be an expert in finding alien Moon bases. There are people in this thread who jumped immediately in the wagon of "I FOUND AN ALIEN BASE!" without caring so little as to search for images of the same area in other websites or image tools. That's how pathetic some people's efforts are regarding this matter.

And that is freaking exhausting. It's exhausting to go through the thoughts of idiots. The idea of a project like this is to highlight questionable areas on the Moon, so that proper scientists and experts can analyze them and check if it's worth investigating. Crowd-sourcing allows to filter the bad information from the good information...

But what do you think will happen when that same crowd will tag and enhance every single picture they can get? Do you think anyone will analyze thousands and thousands of tags just because every time a pixel farts and is misinterpreted by software you tag it as "ALIENZ!!! I SAWZ THEM HAVING PICNICS!".

When I saw Davies name associated with this, I actually hoped they had some sort of software like SETI@home that they used to analyze recordings from SETI. But this isn't like that. This is going to fall on the credibility of the people looking for those things, and sadly, that credibility isn't very strong.

Not when you guys believe that someone is already there doing mining operations, or active alien bases. Davies himself - who you guys should kiss the ground he steps on for what he has accomplished within the scientific community - states that IF such evidence is found, it will provably go back to a visit millions of years ago.

That was stated in the OP. Yet, countless people have backstepped into the "oh, I googled moon pics and spent some hours looking at them with my imagery software (AKA paint zoom tool...) and found some bases they don't want us to see"...

Scientifically, I put my white flag up and give up on anything useful coming out of this.

Unless you people change that set of mind of yours, and embrace scientific methods and common sense.

(No offense to anyone, just my opinion on all this)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4
As much as I believe in the existence of intelligent ET life, I don't believe we're going to find evidence anywhere near our planet IF they haven't visited before.

Why would the evidence be on the moon more than it would be on earth? Or mars? Or Saturn?

It's a start at least.

Because the moon has no weather.

Earth does.

Mars does.

Saturn is a gas giant so you're not likely to ever find anything there and with wind speeds of hundreds of miles per hour you'd be hard pressed to find anything preserved if one could 'land' there.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

If it was an automatic monitoring device, they might put it in a place where there is already life to keep track of it so when it gets ripe, they can eat it.

That's like saying that you are going to put a camera facing your potatoes so that you can see them grow and know when to harvest them...

I'm not even going down the road of asking you what kind of elements and minerals human have that would be so desirable to aliens... So much that they couldn't harvest them from somewhere else without effort.

It's close enough to monitor Earth, but also far enough away that it isn't quickly destroyed by a volcano or glacier or just plain old erosion.

...have you even looked at the Moon? The thing is like a cosmic target for asteroids.

They might also anticipate that someday one (or more) of the creatures on the planet might get smart enough to find it, cluing them in as to other living intelligences in space.

Yes, because its a scientific fact that alien races behave and make plans based on the "2001: Space Odyssey" plot.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VashKonnor

how many times have I heard movies used as excuses.. like such things weren't thought of before movies.. incidentally ,movies hold a lot of life training /mind-set cohesion patterns , reaction training for the recently bereaved/divorced/redundant .. all sort really
.. best thing is to get rid of the tv

funBox

edit on 30-7-2014 by funbox because: ressurection of dead wolves

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashKonnor
That's like saying that you are going to put a camera facing your potatoes so that you can see them grow and know when to harvest them...

If I lived a couple hundred light years away from my potatoes, I wouldn't want to jaunt here every few days to check on them.

I'm not even going down the road of asking you what kind of elements and minerals human have that would be so desirable to aliens... So much that they couldn't harvest them from somewhere else without effort.

Oh, that's an easy one. Consciousness.

...have you even looked at the Moon? The thing is like a cosmic target for asteroids.

It just looks worse than Earth because none of it has worn away. There are still some spots on the Moon that haven't been touched in billions of years.

Yes, because its a scientific fact that alien races behave and make plans based on the "2001: Space Odyssey" plot.

Yeah, it's hard to guess what an alien might think like. But I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that they might be interested in when/if another lifeform rises to a level where they might be a friend... or a threat.

edit on 30-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
WRONG zoom in closer

Are you expecting them to be human-sized?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Fylgje
That first pic(OP) is a base. No doubts about it. It looks like they are mining or sampling the crater. I think there is life on the Moon. I always have. Same with Mars. Some photos are clearly not rocks or whatever other natural explanations. Who's mining the moon? NASA knows. We don't.

You may want to read the full thread, that's not really a picture from the moon.

Oh crap. late rising this morning and still groggy. Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Interesting.

I've been more and more impressed by the power of crowd sourcing recently. It has the ability to change this absolutely upside down system we so blindly defend into our favour. Choose what we fund. You know, sort of like the original idea behind a democracy lol.

Out of curiosity, do you personally believe we have a decent chance of finding anything on the Moon? I've been researching the moon a lot recently. There's a wealth of strange anomalies about it. Even it's surface composition is bizarre. Hell, even the way it formed is beyond our understanding really.

I think if we were to find any such alien artifact in our solar system, it would be on the Moon or on Mars. A possibility is also Titan. Titan and Saturn are absolutely fascinating.

The most interesting aspect of discovering such things for me though would be the almost conclusive proof it would provide regarding the Earth being visited in the past.

There's no way an intelligent historic alien race would visit the moon or one of our systems planets and yet ignore Earth. I can almost 100% say that is an impossibility considering the technology that they would have had.

Personally, I'm practically certain that we are a younger intelligent race of the Universe. In fact, I'd go as far as saying a 'caretaker' race probably exists.

This puts us in a very interesting position. It's funny because despite scientifically knowing we are so young within the universe, we still expect aliens to leave evidence at every corner for us to see lol. Our naivety is staggering and always has been.

We can already cloak things from certain electromagnetic frequency detection. The possibilities become practically endless when you extrapolate our technology to the future.

In that same sense, there could be whole structures covering large parts of the moon, but they are cloaked from us. The science isn't complicated at all.

Even things like heat radiation and gravitational effects. It can all be cloaked or even artificially produced if there's a will to do so. Especially at distance.

In fact, we could technically have a completely artificial EM source outside our solar system feeding us what we perceive as everyday reality and the universe and we wouldn't know. Hell, it could be so complex we COULDN'T know.

I guess, what I'm saying is that we don't really know what to expect lol.

We apply such a human viewpoint. We're searching for life in radiowaves still. Yes, there's a logic to that, but it's the logic based on our current understanding and technology. At least we're trying new things now.

It'll be fun to see where this goes anyhow.

On another note, enjoy your stint with NASA. I partially did some work for them. I actually learnt a great deal about aerospace industry in that time (My Masters is in Mech. Eng but I've done numerous robotics/CEI projects).

They have some great design guides and standards. Very airtight (no pun) and professional organisation.

I'm assuming it's practically your dream job. Well done and good luck.
edit on 30-7-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Remember the Lunar Colony Collection?

The site disappeared, but the YouTube video is still up.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DazDaKing
Out of curiosity, do you personally believe we have a decent chance of finding anything on the Moon?

The physical size and dimensional complexity of the universe makes that very unlikely.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DazDaKing
Out of curiosity, do you personally believe we have a decent chance of finding anything on the Moon?

The physical size and dimensional complexity of the universe makes that very unlikely.

Yeah but that's a completely quantative analysis. You're not factoring in the qualitative aspect of our solar system.

We know water worlds are generally rarer within the context of the universe. More so ones with stable atmospheres, 'healthy' orbits and favourable geometries for complex life.

Yes, the universe is extremely big. There's a magnitude of billions upon billions upon billions of stars and potential planets. That's why I'm almost certain other intelligent alien life has or does still exist.

However, Earth is a haven - and you know it. People like to knock us and say 'oh, we're so humble in space and so minuscule and unimportant!' and even find some sort of magical feeling from that!

Yes, there's a crapload of EARTH-LIKE planets discovered, but most of these if not almost all still lack one or two CRUCIAL factors that Earth has. At least as far as we understand.

But we have started looking for planets JUST like ours! The logic follows that a true Earth-like planet in the past could've spawned intelligent life (a known FACT) who would likewise choose to search for another 'Earth'.

Our Mother Earth is literally PERFECT for our paradigm of complex life. It goes without saying lol.

There's probably many paradigms of complex life in the universe, and hence many different types of planets that can support complex life.

But that doesn't change anything.

A truly advanced race would learn this and understand how to categorise planet compositions and geometries/orbits and so forth with the matching complex life tree paradigms.

Therefore, from that point of view Earth will always fall into a special, qualitative category.

And if something did visit Earth, what a better way to set base than an already orbiting, artificially inhabitable, fuel-free natural spaceship lol. Data can also be gathered on the Earth in many ways that it cannot be on the surface level.

Perhaps they'd even leave a goodbye present for us to discover one day! I know I would.
edit on 30-7-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If I lived a couple hundred light years away from my potatoes, I wouldn't want to jaunt here every few days to check on them.

No, like any living thing that ever existed, you would feed off things in your habitat. Get it? It's stupid to think of Earth as a farm for aliens.

Oh, that's an easy one. Consciousness.

Wait... what?! They want to eat us because we are conscious?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

It just looks worse than Earth because none of it has worn away. There are still some spots on the Moon that haven't been touched in billions of years.

You don't know much about science, do you?

Earth doesn't have craters (in the scale that the Moon does) due to erosion. But what you don't understand is that Earth isn't hit by asteroids as often as the Moon.

That is because we have an atmosphere... You know, the stuff that you breathe. Don't freak out, it was there all along. Keep breathing normally.

Yeah, it's hard to guess what an alien might think like. But I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that they might be interested in when/if another lifeform rises to a level where they might be a friend... or a threat.

They might not even think. For all we know, they could be a form of gas cruising around the Universe. That's why it's pointless to give them human attributes, like feelings or ambition.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

WRONG zoom in closer

Are you expecting them to be human-sized?

Did you bother to look at the link at FULL resolution clearly ROCKS and undulating Moon terrain.

Well unless you are blind that is

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Why, may I ask, is an article about moon, using a Photo of the Arizona meteor crater?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashKonnor
It's stupid to think of Earth as a farm for aliens.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You don't know much about science, do you?

Don't freak out, it was there all along. Keep breathing normally.

That's why it's pointless to give them human attributes, like feelings or ambition.

Why are you so angry?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Did you bother to look at the link at FULL resolution clearly ROCKS and undulating Moon terrain.

It would be unreasonable to expect them to be perfectly flat or rectangular. You don't see that with Earth ruins, after all.

Well unless you are blind that is

Why are you so angry?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

its time too just get rid of NASA ,,, if they where ever to find anything alien they would just cover it up to hide the technology involed & prevent a panic anyhow,, its become nothing but playground for government contractors & know it all egg-heads , who really dont know it all,,they are just better informed on the insider deal , because the rest of us are deemed not worthy, so there very little benefit to the common person.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Why are you so angry?

I'm not angry... I was actually laughing all the way through that post.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join