It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alien Artifacts on the Moon?" - Forbes Article Points to New Credible Crowdsourced Search for ET

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: JadeStar
A suspicious "glitch" ended Yutu's travels in January 2014.

Not that suspicious, considering it was "made in China"

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

LOL!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Are there any updates from Dr. Paul Davies? I've never been too into the Moon and Mars anomaly threads, but I still don't rule out the possibility of life or previous life existing in our solar system. The recent thread by Jade Star, Denying Ignorance About SETI: It's Not Just About Radio Anymore, I was very much intrigued by the Exoarcheology section of the thread, which IMO should have it's own thread! (Not like there are millions of those on ATS already, but maybe a good, scientific, academic, rehash).

Anyhow, excited about this subject again, I started to do some research:

Doing a Google Search I found this:

SAAM

Search for Alien Artifacts on the Moon

by Alexey V. Arkhipov, Institute of Radio Astronomy, Ukraine

Looks to be older research than Dr. Paul Davies, 1992.... and has been mentioned in a few Moon or Mars ATS threads, just like this one. No particular thread dedicated to him.

Source

Conclusions:

Based on these consideration, it must be concluded that:

1. The moon may be an indicator of alien presence in the solar system and beyond during the past 4 10^9 years.

2. Although the moon is best studied celestial body, it evidently has not been studied well enough for bioastronomy.

3. There are some phenomena on the moon which could be possible manifestations of alien artifacts.

4. It must be expected that alien artifacts, if they exist on the moon, are concentrated in the region of the crater Aristarchus (lava tubes, nocturnal lights, possible mirrors, etc.) on the peak of the southern wall of the crater Malapert (the optimal site for alien reconnaissance devices because the Earth can always be seen there and the sunlight is accessible about 94% of the time), in the crater Herodotus (possible mirror), in the crater Gassed (possible mirror, invasion effect), in Mare Tranquilitatis (unusual depressions, invasion effect), etc.

So, the selenological approach seems very promising for SETI. The work is quite contemporary in the context modern plans for exploration and colonization of the moon.

About the Author

Conclusion point #4 is going to have me digging around!

The few times Alexey V. Arkhipov was mentioned on ATS, Zorgon was the one to post about him, here is an example:

originally posted by: zorgon

Here is what they believed was a crater on Earth... turned out to be a fortress buried

This is waht the Assyrian ruins looked like before excavation from an aerial view

[edit on 20-6-2009 by zorgon]

ATS thread from above quote

edit on 15-4-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here are the pictures of the most intriguing locations on the Moon (According to, SAAM, Search for Alien Artifacts on the Moon by Alexey V. Arkhipov, Institute of Radio Astronomy, Ukraine.) :

Aristarchus Crater

Malapert

Gassendi Crater

Herodotus Crater

Mare Tranquillitatis

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join