It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alien Artifacts on the Moon?" - Forbes Article Points to New Credible Crowdsourced Search for ET

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Wow, so many people are confused about the Hubble's ability (or inability) to take pictures of the Moon. So here's a low-down:

The Hubble can take pictures of the Moon (and has done so in the past), but it's a difficult task. The Moon is very bright, and moves very fast. The Hubble can focus on the Moon no problem. However, the Hubble's resolution isn't that great. On the Moon, it can only resolve objects about the size of a football stadium. In comparison, galaxies and nebulae in space are gigantic, and appear large enough to get nice detailed images of them. (some galaxies and nebulae appear as big as the full moon, or even larger)

This resolution issue applies to earth-based telescopes as well. You can get nice images of distant galaxies, but can't see the Apollo descent modules on the Moon, for the same reason you can see a mountain from many miles away with the naked eye, but can't see a fly on an elephant's ass from 20 meters away.

Two words: angular size.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambchop
Thanks mate, this quick map is great!

I have already found a secret alien base that they don't want us to see

Link to map

The QuickMap isn't perfect. Some high-res images are missing there, so the vacant area is covered with low-res imagery from LRO's wide-field camera.

However, with a bit of persistent searching using another tool - the WMS LROC map - you can find the high-res images covering that area: wms.lroc.asu.edu...

(rotated to match the QuickMap orientation)

No alien bases there.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

fame? not really edible , I think the notoriety would get you murdered

just think how many minds those revelations would break.

*xx% of present company excluded*

funBOx

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
First nice thread Jadestar . I know that recognition about Alien visitors only goes through science .. common sense of man has no value and pays of badly with the amound of human errors in finding Alien traces on whatsoever moon ,planet or asteroid . As before said we already posses the abillity to trace them . But we never seem to agree on the many findings here on earth or beyond.

So putting another billion dollars into this project seems to be another way of creating funds for secret agendas that will finally hide their findings for the spending member who will never be satisfied of the results...

I suggest we accept the fact from of all the artifact already portrait in caves paintings and neatly carved rocks from thousands of years that tell stories that Alien visitation is just something that's so common in the universe we live in. And let's stop making tools for fools

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
It still surprises me that we have to suffer with fuzzy images with bad definition, yet we can build telescopes that can see other galaxies perfectly.

Why is it so hard to get some clear close ups of somthing only hundreds of thousands of miles away?!

We can't optically see other planets in other galaxies. We can optically see the galaxies, but the vast majority of deep space research is done with radio telescopes and spectrographs. We figure out the colors based on the chemical signatures which are detectable by the red-shift.

That's my 11th grade memory of how it all works and 11th grade was a long time ago...

From what I've researched, the best telescopes on the planet can just barely make out something the size of a house on the moon. That's the reason the LRO exists in the first place.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

From what I've researched, the best telescopes on the planet can just barely make out something the size of a house on the moon. That's the reason the LRO exists in the first place.

Not even that. The best images of the moon from a ground-based telescope can only resolve down to a little over 100 metres on the moon.

www.rmg.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Why is it so hard to get some clear close ups of somthing only hundreds of thousands of miles away?!

Because they don't want us to see. A lot of people aren't ready. Many would go batcrap crazy. Mainly, religion is holding science back. Remember the Mayan Calendar event...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's not that it's hard to get the shots you guys want. It's all about them not sharing it.

Clemetine Probe back in the 90's had it's images online in a browser too. They showed massive signs of smudging, edits and other censorship before the Navy took down the site and brought it back as a "new" version with the edits up to modern standards (i.e. more convincing).

I have no doubt that LRO images are censored as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Tichy
Maybe finally A.C.Clarks vision becomes reality and we will find those monolites on the moon

Maybe it would worthwhile to start looking in specific places where an alien might put something for us to find. Right on the equator would be a good place to look. Large craters? Possibly. Hard to think like an alien.

why wouldn't "others" put something on the dark side of the moon, away from prying eyes?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The Moon doesn't have a dark side !!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This sounds like a worthwhile effort, although I question whether the U.S. government would investigate alien artifacts and release the findings to the public. More likely any info or artifacts recovered would end up in one of those Western desert bases they don't tell us about. Of course, with the cost of minimal space probes dropping steeply, a crowdsourced probe could go there and take pictures of whatever the photograph review uncovered.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
what i don't understand is why does it take do long to "release" these images?....they are pretty much downloaded to a computer, and shouln't take years to release to the public,

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
what i don't understand is why does it take do long to "release" these images?....they are pretty much downloaded to a computer, and shouln't take years to release to the public,

What pictures are you talking about or are just spouting cliches from the conspiracy cliche handbook

Look HERE

Date on web page 17TH of July 2009 now look at the date images were captured.

The satellite reached lunar orbit June 23 and captured the Apollo sites between July 11 and 15

How many days in a year were you live

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
No alien bases there.

Wrong. BINGO!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
why wouldn't "others" put something on the dark side of the moon, away from prying eyes?

To give us something to shoot for? Actually, putting something on the far side would be a good idea, since then if we found it that would indicate to the aliens that we had at least developed technologically enough to make it to the Moon.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That first pic(OP) is a base. No doubts about it. It looks like they are mining or sampling the crater. I think there is life on the Moon. I always have. Same with Mars. Some photos are clearly not rocks or whatever other natural explanations. Who's mining the moon? NASA knows. We don't.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
That first pic(OP) is a base. No doubts about it. It looks like they are mining or sampling the crater. I think there is life on the Moon. I always have. Same with Mars. Some photos are clearly not rocks or whatever other natural explanations. Who's mining the moon? NASA knows. We don't.

You may want to read the full thread, that's not really a picture from the moon.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
As much as I believe in the existence of intelligent ET life, I don't believe we're going to find evidence anywhere near our planet IF they haven't visited before.

Why would the evidence be on the moon more than it would be on earth? Or mars? Or Saturn?

It's a start at least.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4
Why would the evidence be on the moon more than it would be on earth? Or mars? Or Saturn?

If it was an automatic monitoring device, they might put it in a place where there is already life to keep track of it so when it gets ripe, they can eat it. It's close enough to monitor Earth, but also far enough away that it isn't quickly destroyed by a volcano or glacier or just plain old erosion.

They might also anticipate that someday one (or more) of the creatures on the planet might get smart enough to find it, cluing them in as to other living intelligences in space.

edit on 30-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

The Romeo kilos are the ones on the moon. They also have people on mars too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join