It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain why gangs are allowed to roam free and not be charged as domestic terriost

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't get it at all. They do more damage to neighborhoods and the communities and schools and yet they are allowed to roam freely and terrorise businesses and people.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You'll have to ask Eric Holder and the previous DOJ folks. Maybe because they're too busy trying to prosecute all the non-existent domestic terrorists. Maybe they have a quota or something that doesn't include the type of folks that make make up most of the gangs.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

How do you figure they are allowed to roam 'free'?
Most PD's have and a special unit that just deals with gangs and gang related crimes.
Its not so simple as just getting rid of them, gangs have been around the past century if not longer. If there is a void another will takes it's place.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Because if they got rid of the gangs, the cops would lose one of their primary justifications for militarization.

They needed all those automatic weapons to fight the gangs, remember?

That's how they sold it to us, anyway. In my humble opinion, the cops are doing more damage to our communities than the gangs are.

edit on 7/25/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I don't get it at all. They do more damage to neighborhoods and the communities and schools and yet they are allowed to roam freely and terrorise businesses and people.

Because it would be "racist" to do anything about them.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Because if they got rid of the gangs, the cops would lose one of their primary justifications for militarization.

They need all those automatic weapons to fight the gangs, remember?

Right. I have been thinking the same thing. I can't remember the last time I heard about a gang shooting involving machine guns and APCs. As usual, the police are doing the escalating.

edit on 25-7-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
In Chicago if you get arrested for gang activities when you get out as part of your probation you can not wear your colors or associate with any known gang members. So they are labeled. It is also illegal to gather on street corners in numbers. There are also other safe guards like draconian gun control laws. None of it works. Gangs are the scum of the earth. They fight over streets that do not in the end belong to them. They kill the rival gang members because that gang killed one of there members and so on and so on. But when you take it back that first killing that started the beef in the 60's or 70's was over someone stepping on someones shoes or something equally ridiculous. Its all stupid.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

It's cheaper to let them loose.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Cops are one of the biggest gangs out there.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NthOther

Cops are one of the biggest gangs out there.

They will tell you that themselves if you ask.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Racist?

You can't be serious...

I think you may have watched too many crappy 90's movies if you think gangs are a racial issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

Racist?

You can't be serious...

I think you may have watched too many crappy 90's movies if you think gangs are a racial issue.

Gangs in chicago atleast are not really divided too much on racial lines. Most gangs will be mostly one race but for example Gangster disciples a mostly african american gang also has lots of white asian and hispanic members. The same with the Latin Kings. They are mostly hispanic but have lots of white asian and african american members.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
because gangs are scary and fight back ....woman,children,the elderly and the defenseless are much easier targets and generate more revenue

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
because gangs are scary and fight back ....woman,children,the elderly and the defenseless are much easier targets and generate more revenue

Gangbangers are cowards. They are only kept around because they generate profit. For the prison industrial complex and for the corrupt politicians. If you think the alderman dont get kickbacks for facilitating drug deals and gun smuggling. You would be wrong.
edit on 26-7-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Because you can only arrest people for crimes. Being a member of a group is not a crime. And where do you draw the line? Street gangs just round up people you are in a gang? What do you charge them with? Most gang crime is on other gangs so you could not call them terrorists. And what is a gang? The Latin Kings? The Hell Angels? The KKK? Militias? Or do we just round them all up and hold them forever? Your going to have to give a great many more details before anybody could take this serious.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

Racist?

You can't be serious...

If you ay anything disparaging about any "minority" for any reason, you are labeled a racist. Tell me that isn't true.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have very simple answer for you. The prison industrial complex.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Makin' 2 much $$ for tha po-leese.

edit on 7/26/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The reasons are as varied as the posts here, which include revenue, racism, and many many other issues. To anyone who says racism doesn't play into it, explain the KKK. I personally -know- alot of GDs (Ganster Disciples), Blood, Crips, Vatos Locos, Hell's Angels, Banditos. Not all gangs are bad, but the vast majority are.

There are many reasons we can't just 'round em all up'. For one, you have to actually -catch- them commiting a crime. Simply claiming membership in a gang isn't enough to arrest people for. To the member who said gangbangers are cowards; i've seen many who, infact, aren't.

Either way, Gangs have existed for as long as Civilization has, in my opinion; as they are nothing more than groups with symbols/colors. The police are a gang. It will exist so long as Civilization as we know it exists. Simple facts of life.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjsr420
To the member who said gangbangers are cowards; i've seen many who, infact, aren't.

That was me. They are only tough when they are 20 deep or when they have a gun and you have your fists. I have had countless fist fights with these punks. I have been shot at. I have been stabbed twice. Im from the south side of chicago. I have been into every hood in chicago. I have been into the projects when they were still around. My dads a gang chief. I knocked him on his behind in front of his boys. They are all cowards. They join the gangs because they cant deal with the struggles of life. They all take the easy way out. The only ones I respect are the ones who get out and try to teach the youth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join