It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain why gangs are allowed to roam free and not be charged as domestic terriost

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Who else would the government get to distribute all the drugs and contraband they ship into the country? If you research CIA and coc aine importation it will start making sense why gangs are pretty much left alone to run riot in any community, because they are 'useful' to 'the powers that were".

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
There is no oil and gas to be had by any world government, and the gangs do a pretty good job of keeping the local populations in a low state of fear. So no profit and a reasonably cheap form of crowd conditioning. Both reasons enough to continue to let the gangs do their thing.

edit on 26-7-2014 by ThoughtIsMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Maybe because they voted for obumma and deal drugs for the c.i.a ...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So simple I can sum it up in one word: FREEDOOM!

unless you fancy moveing to north korea ect in the first world we dont just arrest people for what we THINK they MAY do but only if there is actual evidence of a crime so a trial can take place.

To put it simply no free country can just round people up of the streets for supposed crimes of being in a gang, they need to actually comimit a crime,

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
They need a lot of unmitigated problems to give them the perceived need to crack down in full force, marshal law, etc. For when the time comes.

Hold them accountable.
never accept a marshal law from these true terrorists of freedom.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I know our constitutional rights allow for the freedom to organize and associate, but I feel this part needs to be amended that make any group illegal that is involved in criminal activity or crimes against the public. Gangs are a detriment to society. They should absolutely be considered domestic terrorists considering they're involved in trafficking illegal drugs, influencing our youth to a life of crime, car jackings and shootings, stealing cars, shop lifting, robbery, intimidation and trafficking illegal guns. They can influence an entire neighborhood and disrupt our educational system. I think they have created more problems in our country than any overseas terrorist.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

this is the Holder & WH Administrations 'reverse psychology scheme'

? how does that work, you ask ...?

you know how the Innocent until proven guilty model works in pre-Obama/pre-Bush America...
well this cadre of intellectuals are giving the people the twisted version of 'Rights' & Constitutional 'due process' in the extreme so that tyranny seems the better option...

they think--> "[ You want freedom.... well, deal with freedom....Here's a slew of Gangs on the streets who are innocent of any law breaking in the USA ~ We will clean up the threat when we deem it necessary ~~ see how crappy your bill of rights & Constitution really is ?]"

Ergo, the American justice system and Law & Rules are corrupted to the benefit of the WH & that ideology

edit on th31140637197226522014 by St Udio because: ~~~~~

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well, gangs are criminal enterprises whilst terrorists are political criminals.

Gangs operate predominantly to make money, terrorists operate to impose their ideology.

You could argue that some gang activity is political and has ideological overtones, but it's almost exclusively ideological politics designed to maximise revenue and power.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

probably you could take it back 500-800 years when the
ancestors fought over the waterhole in what is now Africa.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Because you can only arrest people for crimes. Being a member of a group is not a crime. And where do you draw the line? Street gangs just round up people you are in a gang? What do you charge them with? Most gang crime is on other gangs so you could not call them terrorists. And what is a gang? The Latin Kings? The Hell Angels? The KKK? Militias? Or do we just round them all up and hold them forever? Your going to have to give a great many more details before anybody could take this serious.

the senate.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I don't get it at all. They do more damage to neighborhoods and the communities and schools and yet they are allowed to roam freely and terrorise businesses and people.

It actually makes perfect sense.

Once Project MKUltra officially got underway in April, 1953, experiments included administering '___' to mental patients, prisoners, drug addicts and prostitutes, "people who could not fight back," as one agency officer put it.[32] In one case '___' was administered to a mental patient in Kentucky for 174 days.[32] '___' was also administered to CIA employees, military personnel, doctors, other government agents, and members of the general public in order to study their reactions. '___' and other drugs were usually administered without the subject's knowledge or informed consent, a violation of the Nuremberg Code that the U.S. agreed to follow after World War II. The aim of this was to find drugs which would irresistibly bring out deep confessions or wipe a subject's mind clean and program him or her as "a robot agent."

en.wikipedia.org...

Or this:

Some sources say that the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has been involved in several drug trafficking operations. Some of these reports claim that congressional evidence indicates that the CIA worked with groups which it knew were involved in drug trafficking, so that these groups would provide them with useful intelligence and material support, in exchange for allowing their criminal activities to continue,[1] and impeding or preventing their arrest, indictment, and imprisonment by U.S. law enforcement agencies.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Or consider this:

The three letters C.I.A. recur over and over again in the Kennedy assassination saga, with many unanswered questions. Were the CIA-Mafia plots to kill Fidel Castro somehow related to JFK's murder? Did the CIA conduct a cover-up after the assassination, including hiding a relationship with alleged assassin Lee Harvey Oswald? Was Oswald in fact an agent of the CIA? Why did the CIA bury some of its knowledge of Oswald's trip to Mexico? What have we learned from the voluminous CIA declassifications of the 1990s? Was the CIA involved in the Kennedy assassination?

www.maryferrell.org...

Lastly, I will present this:

As governments around the world, including our own, face more and more popular resistance, we’re witnessing a revival of the use of agent provocateurs. An agent provocateur is the well-used tactic of using undercover military or police to join a dissenting group or protest in order to provoke others in the group to carry out illegal actions and violence. The goal is to discredit the group from the inside. Sometimes the group gets discredited with those outside. Other times the group is enticed into internal divisions and collapses.

www.offthegridnews.com...

Honestly, I can think of a thousand reasons why gangs are aloud to flourish. If there were no crime than there's nothing to be afraid of. If there's nothing to be afraid of than there's no need for protection.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

martial law
Marshall Matt Dillon of Dodge City will impose Martial law at sundown.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Your question is beyond ignorant.

Gangs are not terrorists, at the very worst they're criminals. By labeling a person a terrorist you designate them an enemy combatant, thus stripping them of all legal rights. We already have a rogue government that places American citizens on terror watch lists with impunity, to further empower them would be downright dangerous. Like it or not the common thug, regardless of the crime they've committed, is protected by the same constitution as you and I. This is what makes us a civil society.

If your goal is to imprison gang bangers without judge or jury, rendition them off to be tortured in secret prisons and executed then you are no better than they are.

ETA: Reading through this thread, it is truly disturbing to see how many agree with the Op. Have we lost all sense? Have we let fear get the best of us?

"I must not fear, for fear is the mind killer."

-d
edit on Sat30Sat, 26 Jul 2014 06:30:29 -05003114Sat by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat37Sat, 26 Jul 2014 06:37:03 -05003114Sat by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

edit on 26-7-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I don't get it at all. They do more damage to neighborhoods and the communities and schools and yet they are allowed to roam freely and terrorise businesses and people.

Well white gangs are considered domestic terrorists. Ethnic gangs notsomuch. It's not PC to consider ethnic gangs terrorists. No politician would touch it. No policing operation would touch it. The NAACP and ACLU would be all over them as would the various ethnic groups involved. After all, they're "the children".

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Gangs are not terrorists. They couldn't care less about who The Man is so long as they can control their turf and run their operations. Terrorism is more about trying to affect politics through fear and causing fear through violence. Any fear gangs cause is a side effect of their criminal and turf control operations.

Mexican cartels are maybe starting to bridge the gap, but I wouldn't even call them terrorists although they use terror tactics to keep control in the areas of Mexico where they hold sway.

But putting gang members in prison won't work. A lot of gang activity and business is conducted in prison. You'd just be facilitating the problem.

What you really need is to restore the nuclear family - mother, father + children. A lot of gang members never had fathers or if they did, their fathers brought them up into gang culture because they were raised by it themselves, and at the beginning you find a kid without a dad.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

With apologies to Janes Addiction: "The biggest gang I know they call "The Government." And the gang is the weapon that you trade your mind in for."

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DirtyD
Your question is beyond ignorant.

Gangs are not terrorists, at the very worst they're criminals. By labeling a person a terrorist you designate them an enemy combatant, thus stripping them of all legal rights.

Someone who is "labeled" a terrorist (I suppose you mean put on some list at the TSC) will probably be thrust into a bureaucratic nightmare and find their civil liberties substantially impinged, and existing due process procedures are inadequate, but they are not stripped of "all legal rights." And they are not designated enemy combatants, unless they are actually members of a belligerent party in an armed conflict. Since we're talking about domestic terrorism, and the courts are still functioning in the US, and there isn't an insurrection at the moment, they aren't combatants. Even enemy combatants are not stripped of all legal rights, though combatants who also commit terrorism are on pretty shaky ground when they try to invoke the Geneva Conventions.

OP, which gangs do you think are domestic terrorists? What acts have they committed that meet the definition of 18 USC 2331(5)?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow,what a novel idea to support traditional policing and at the same time undermine TPTB and their system of creating the criminals catching the criminals trying the criminals and incarcerating and maintaining the criminals.And keeping this cycle maintained is their bread and butter.

In one fell swoop you screw TPTB and you actually clean up the streets,you step over the Blue Line and all of the levels of co-operating corruption and crooks who make the World a crappy place when they are at their best.

Imagine the day after State legislators decided to utilise the Domestic terrorist act fully to disenfanchise organised crime that is undermining Americas Strength on a National level, HOLY SMOKES the jails would fill up with real criminals because the Police Agencys with lists of Gang Members numbering in the thousands would be able to action Operation Clean-Sweep and put EVERY SINGLE ONE into Custody with no Holds Barred and 100% Federal support up to and including Military assistance.

Every Single American City and Municipality would be able to add their own lists of Gangsters to the Federal Master-List and you could make it a Clean-Sweep.

A city like Chicago would be cleaned up literally overnight because when the Teams begin sweeping it will be with overwhelming speed force accuracy and dilligence,only two options will be available,be captured or run.

However you better clarify the definition of Gang very clearly and permanently.Or the potential for abuse grows epiclly.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
because gangs are scary and fight back ....woman,children,the elderly and the defenseless are much easier targets and generate more revenue

Yes, I always wondered why the well known crack houses in the neighborhood, and the police themselves told me they knew, went untouched while my son actually got arrested for skateboarding.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join