It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Rick Perry: Illegal Aliens in Texas Behind 3,000 Homicides & 8,000 Sexual Assaults

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Yes crime is about opportunity, if you are lucky enough to hide your identity because of been a illegal immigrant, with not record but the one the illegal steals from a legal citizen

The perfect crime.

Statistics on crime by illegal immigrants. Now this statistics are no near the latest thanks to the present administration pushing amnesty they are hiding facts because agendas

Still think illegal immigration is a "victimless crime" and we don't need to control our borders? Remember, about 60% of the crimes being committed are by illegal aliens who were previously deported.

•In Los Angeles, 95% of some 1,500 outstanding warrants for homicides are for illegal aliens. About 67% of the 17,000 outstanding fugitive felony warrants are for illegal aliens.
•There are currently over 400,000 unaccounted for illegal alien criminals with outstanding deportation orders. At least one fourth of these are hard core criminals.
•80,000 to 100,000 illegal aliens who have been convicted of serious crimes are walking the streets. Based on studies they will commit an average of 13 serious crimes per perpetrator.
•Illegal aliens are involved in criminal activities at a rate that is 2-5 times their representative proportion of the population.
•In 1980, our Federal and state facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens but at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in U.S. correctional facilities at a cost of about $6.8 billion per year.
•At least 4.5 million pounds of coc aine with a street value of at least $72 billion is smuggled across the southern border every year. ..
•56% of illegal aliens charged with a reentry offense had previously been convicted on at least 5 prior occasions.
•Illegal aliens charged with unlawful reentry had the most extensive criminal histories. 90% had been previously arrested. Of those with a prior arrest, 50% had been arrested for violent or drug-related felonies.
•Illegal aliens commit between 700,000 to 1,289,000 or more crimes per year.
•Illegal aliens commit at least 2,158 murders each year – a number that represents three times greater participation than their proportion of the population.
•Illegal alien sexual predators commit an estimated 130,909 sexual crimes each year.
•There may be as many as 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders circulating throughout America. Based on studies, they will commit an average of 8 sex crimes per perpetrator before being caught.
•Nearly 63% of illegal alien sex offenders had been deported on another offense prior to committing the sex crime.
•Only 2% of the illegal alien sex offenders in one study had no history of criminal behavior, beyond crossing the border illegally.
•In Operation Predator, ICE arrested and deported 6,085 illegal alien pedophiles. Some studies suggest each pedophile molests average of 148 children. If so, that could be as many as 900,580 victims.
•Nobody knows how big the Sex Slave problem is but it is enormous.
•The very brutal MS-13 gang has over 15,000 members and associates in at least 115 different cliques in 33 states.
•The overall financial impact of illegal alien crimes is estimated at between $14.4 and $81 billion or more per year. Factor in the crime as a result of the coc aine and other drugs being smuggled in and the number may reach $150 billion per year.

www.usillegalaliens.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

The crimes of an illegal, a person who never would have been here had they not come illegally, is preventable. If they were still in their own Country, the citizen would still be alive.

How do you know this for a fact? You know for a fact that someone else would not have come along and killed them?

I don't. Crime is about opportunity....who is to say that an American born criminal would not have taken the opportunity to do the exact same thing to the same individual. Time and place.

You're telling me that in every single case out of thousands of illegals not attacking a citizen, it would instead have been done by a citizen?

No I am saying neither you or I can say for fact what would have happened to this victim. I can't say that if an illegal is not allowed here to commit the crime...the victim would never have been in danger.

So how can I you say this?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The crimes of an illegal, a person who never would have been here had they not come illegally, is preventable. If they were still in their own Country, the citizen would still be alive.

How do you know this for a fact? You know for a fact that someone else would not have come along and killed them?

I don't. Crime is about opportunity....who is to say that an American born criminal would not have taken the opportunity to do the exact same thing to the same individual. Time and place.

You're telling me that in every single case out of thousands of illegals not attacking a citizen, it would instead have been done by a citizen?

No I am saying neither you or I can say for fact what would have happened to this victim. I can't say that if an illegal is not allowed here to commit the crime...the victim would never have been in danger.

So how can I you say this?

Think about that for a minute. Seriously, what are the odds?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Fact or fiction? The myths and realities of illegal immigration

Immigration Myths and Facts

Op-Ed: Facts and myths about illegal immigration

8 Of the Most Vicious Myths About Illegal Immigrants

So much out there to refute what you say. I am not saying hardcore criminals do not come in with the other immigrants.

I am saying it is lies to say the majority are hardcore criminals.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That is like saying that if a citizen wasn't born then crimes by citizens wouldn't happen.
Or if we didn't allow this one person legal access to our country then this crime would not happen.
You can not say if this, then that logically.
That is a sales technique at best.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Please stop spreading hoaxes. I debunked this earlier in this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You guys just don't get it so I'll agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You guys just don't get it so I'll agree to disagree.

I think they get it.

But they don't want anybody else to get it.

Lots of deflectant tangents being used to "justify" illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am neither for or against illegal immigration but I am against outright lies. If you and the others can't debate others without resorting to lies, then why bother debating if you have no valid arguments.

As a Native American, I can only laugh at the right's claim towards immigration.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Prove it that my source is a hoax and that Testimony of District Attorney John M. Morganelli before the House Subcommittee on immigration, Border, Security and Claims never happen and is a hoax

I don't play games, I bring real facts and statistics.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Where are you getting these stats from.

From Anecdotes to Evidence: Setting the Record Straight on Immigrants and Crime

The problem of crime in the United States is not caused or even aggravated by immigrants, regardless of their legal status. This is hardly surprising since immigrants come to the United States to pursue economic and educational opportunities not available in their home countries and to build better lives for themselves and their families. As a result, they have little to gain and much to lose by breaking the law. Undocumented immigrants in particular have even more reason to not run afoul of the law given the risk of deportation that their lack of legal status entails. Public policies must be based on facts, not anecdotes or emotions. And the fact is that the vast majority of immigrants are not criminals.

Immigration: No Correlation With Crime

Is Fear of Immigrant Criminals Overblown?

The Effect of Illegal Immigration and Border Enforcement on Crime Rates along the U.S.-Mexico Border:

there is little empirical evidence that immigrants—legal or illegal— commit more crime than natives (apart from immigration-related offenses which we are not considering here). Hence, the latter two reasons are the basis for the correlation we expect to find between illegal immigration and crime in this paper. It is widely known that immigrants are both more likely to be victimized by crime and less likely to report crime. The former suggests that immigrants are more vulnerable, while the latter suggests why that might be the case.

All the above have links to studies, federal law enforcement pages..etc.

Yours do not. So what "facts/stats" are you using and where are the so called "facts/stats" coming from?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

How much is costing the American tax payer to house illegal immigrant criminals this days. For big interest illegals in the nation means money and so for the law makers that gets a cut from donations to campaign coming from big interest.

Currently the federal government is spending around $2 billion a year keeping around 50% of the 400,000 illegal immigrants in prison housed in private prison facilities. The federal government has also stated that making use of these private prisons to house these illegals isn’t necessarily a cheaper option, although that is one of the biggest reasons why these prison facilities were privatized.

In an effort to determine how much these private prisons were costing the taxpayers, the Associated Press calculated the cost of these private prisons, and also added in the amount they spent on donations to political candidates and for lobbying Congress. The financial reports they reviewed went back more than 10 years through both the feds and the state records.

This study showed evidence that there was a relationship between the individuals who create policies on immigration and several of those big prison corporations. While there was nothing apparently illegal about these relationships, it was found that many of these big prison corporations were struggling to stay above water before Congress passed some of the stricter immigration laws pertaining to detention of these immigrants.

It’s easy to see how the federal money has been going to three of the largest of these campaign contributing companies due to the fact that only a decade ago there were only about 10% of prison beds within the private sector, but now the private sector holds about 50% of those beds. These beds are held in majority by GEO group, Corrections Corp. of America, and Management and Training.

As far as can be seen, there is going to be a continuation of growth regardless of the fact that the numbers of illegal immigrants coming into the nation has been on the decline.

If you look at the records, Corrections Corporation of America (CCA), was almost bankrupt in 2000 do to a number of lawsuits brought against it, a reduction in contracts, and problems with internal management. This is a striking contrast to the revenue they received last year, which was in the amount of $162 million in net profit.

www.illegalimmigrationstatistics.org...

Since the influx of illegal immigrants in the recent years the private correction enterprises has grown in revenues from 16 millions to 70 and growing

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

From your source: content.time.com...
Immigration: No Correlation With Crime

Critics note that studies such as those mentioned above rarely distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants. Reliable data that separates the two groups is hard to find, but Indiana University economist Eric Rasmusen has culled figures from a 2005 GAO report on foreigners incarcerated in Federal and state prisons to calculate that illegal immigrants commit 21% of all crime in the United States, costing the country more than $84 billion. Rasmusen contends the distinction is important because immigrants with a green card or U.S. citizenship have already jumped through several legal hoops to live and work in the U.S., including a background check into any prior criminal record back home. "Legal immigrants are by definition unusually law-abiding," Rasmusen wrote last June. But Professor Daniel Mears, a Florida State University criminologist, argues that such reasoning can also be turned on its head. "If someone is here illegally," Mears asks, "why would they call attention to themselves by committing a crime?"

Steven Camarota, research director for the Center for Immigration Studies, which favors tighter immigration controls, warns that even if immigrants are less likely to commit crimes, their children and grandchildren may be more likely to end up on the wrong side of the law. He points out that U.S. Department of Justice statistics show that Hispanics make up 20% of state and Federal prison populations in 2005, a rise of 43% since 1990. At that rate, one in every six Hispanic males born in the U.S. today can expect to be imprisoned during his lifetime — more than double the rate for non-Hispanic whites, but lower than that of African-Americans of the same age. "That means the children and grandchildren of immigrants are committing a lot of crime, making this a long-term problem," Camarota says, before adding, "That's much worse news."

Just Maybe it's not all a Bed of Roses, That World You Live in!
Your source
Your other source:
From Anecdotes to Evidence: Setting the Record Straight on Immigrants and Crime, is located in Washington D C
A Bastion of Liars for Obama.
American Immigration Council
1331 G St. NW
Suite 200
Washington, D.C., 20005
(202)507-7500
Linky

You really used an old report from a Federal Reserve Bank.
The Effect of Illegal Immigration and Border Enforcement on
Crime Rates along the U.S.-Mexico Border ∗
Roberto Coronado
Research Department
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas–El Paso Branch
You Really, Really, Really Trust The Government to tell the Truth, You're Talking Obamas People.
You're trusting that the Government Sponsored illegal living next door to you has your best interest for your property and the well being of you and your family in the front most of their Heart and Brain.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Prove it that my source is a hoax and that Testimony of District Attorney John M. Morganelli before the House Subcommittee on immigration, Border, Security and Claims never happen and is a hoax

I don't play games, I bring real facts and statistics.

I'll quote myself from the other thread:

You attributed these statements to and I quote:

Testimony of District Attorney John M. Morganelli before the House Subcommittee on immigration, Border, Security

There is a broken link on your anti-immigration source which also refers to his testimony as "recent" when it actually occurred in 2003:

In recent Testimony of District Attorney John M. Morganelli before the House Subcommittee on immigration, Border, Security and Claims he stated:

What he actually said.

None of the "facts" you're attributing to him appear in his testimony AT ALL.

edit on 2014-7-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Horrible crimes committed by illegals. Preventable deaths!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7
If they are such fringe, than why bother feeding them at all? Fringe people mean they cannot even hope to effect the outcome, for example here, fringe people are idiots moving in from the cities, that think they can change our laws to include noise ordinance. We don't pander to them, we laugh in their faces. You don't like that I have a gun range in my back yard and start firing away on weekends at 10 AM? Tough crap, we have been doing it for years, and you coming in the last 2 years are not going to change it.

edit on Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:04:36 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Of course there is resistance.
as power would be equalized and things would
actually be accomplished.
Rather than the Gridlock Status Quo.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Sadly it doesn't matter when he did the report as today statistics has been sugar coated due to Obama's immigration reform agenda and free welfare ride amnesty.

I still stand by my source and information that now you can see that even when the problems has been ongoing in 2000 and 2003 the problem was bad, now is much worst, it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, unless you are behind the amnesty welfare agenda of the present administration to secure votes for the Democratic party.

Sadly is going to backfire as most legal immigrants that are hard working and contribute to the economy are not backing Obama amnesty.

How do I know, I am latina and I don't support free ride into welfare on my tax dollars.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hmmm.

Seems PolitiFact (ultra-Left Wing) may have missed a few things.

That chart seems to tell a worse story eh.

I say the Governor may be accurate after all.

you don't know an what an ultra-left-wing person is.....I'll give you one, Noam Chomsky.....your so called "left-wing media" will not even let him speak on any broadcast TV show, or for that matter major cable channel. if D.D. Eisenhower was on TV today you would call him left-wing.
plus, these days, there is a topic you will never see on the so called "left-wing media"....some plain old Joe, winning a lawsuit against a major corporation....35+ years ago, they would be part of the nightly news report.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join