It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Rick Perry: Illegal Aliens in Texas Behind 3,000 Homicides & 8,000 Sexual Assaults

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Texas Governor Rick Perry claims illegal aliens are causing big crime in Texas.

3,000 Homicides & 8,000 Sexual Assaults.

203,000 illegals booked and jailed in last 5 years.

Not a real big problem right?

How big is the illegal alien crime problem ?

Texas Governor Rick Perry went on Hannity tonight to discuss the illegal immigrant crisis at the US southern border.
Perry shared these shocking numbers on the current crisis.

“Sean, there have been over the course of the last five years, since the fall of ’08, over 203,000 individuals who have come into Texas illegally who have been booked into our county jails. Those individuals have accounted for over 3,000 homicides and over 8,000 sexual assaults. We can’t afford to wait for Washington to secure this border. We’ve had enough.”

short link to video interview

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Rick Perry is a moron. Where's his proof? Where do these numbers come from? I remember you cited some easily discredited statistics the other day that had originated with Steve King and have been repeated by the likes of that halfwit Sean Hannity.
edit on 2014-7-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I listened to it earlier. He doesn't cite any references for his numbers. So:

1. Where is Rick Perry coming up with these numbers?
2. How many of these crimes happened in America?
3. How many of the victims were other illegal immigrants? People who won't contact the police for fear of deportation.

We could destroy the cartels tomorrow. End the fake War on Drugs. Treatment instead of incarceration. Mexican drug cartels operate to serve the American illicit drug market.

EDIT:

Marijuana decriminalization and legalization is already hurting the cartels.

VICE News - Legal Pot in the US Is Crippling Mexican Cartels

The Washington Post reported on Tuesday that pot farmers in the Sinaloa region have stopped planting due to a massive drop in wholesale prices, from $100 per kilo down to only $25. One farmer is quoted as saying: “It’s not worth it anymore. I wish the Americans would stop with this legalization.”

“Is it hurting the cartels? Yes. The cartels are criminal organizations that were making as much as 35-40 percent of their income from marijuana,” Nelson said, “They aren’t able to move as much cannabis inside the US now.”

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You know it's not politically correct to point out that illegals commit crimes while they are here don't you xuenchen??

You are supposed to say that the Americans do it too, so a few more certainly aren't making a drastic difference. Either that or you are supposed to propose a plan of how we can "love" the crime out of them. Maybe even fess up to forcing them to have to commit those crimes in some way or another.

You have not followed proper politically correct protocol at all.

I'm disappointed in you.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I bet it could be close.

Even half would be a problem.

Even a few dozen is a problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Where's his proof? Where do these numbers come from?

He's not on ATS. He doesn't have to show you anything.

On top of that, consider that he's about to make a bid for the Presidency. Do you not think his facts have not been checked ... and re-checked.

Other than you, who's calling him out?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

There are plenty of other things the cartels will do if they are not making enough off of the drugs.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
You know it's not politically correct to point out that illegals commit crimes while they are here don't you xuenchen??

You are supposed to say that the Americans do it too, so a few more certainly aren't making a drastic difference. Either that or you are supposed to propose a plan of how we can "love" the crime out of them. Maybe even fess up to forcing them to have to commit those crimes in some way or another.

I'm disappointed in you.

It has nothing to do with 'PC' at all but thanks for playing the victim right off the bat! It's a simple question: is the illegal immigrant population responsible for disproportionately more crime or not? In particular, how many crimes are they responsible for committing against American citizens?

If they are responsible for less crimes against American citizens than a similarly sized group of Americans, then they are less of a threat to you or I than our fellow citizens.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Rick Perry is a moron. Where's his proof? Where do these numbers come from? I remember you cited some easily discredited statistics the other day that had originated with Steve King and have been repeated by the likes of that halfwit Sean Hannity.

I dunno where he gets his numbers from,but in my little town,in a neighborhood of about 70 houses,there have been 8 murders in the last 10 years,3 by driveby all by illegals.Things have quieted down now it seems,I think they have thinned each other out.Maybe not a big problem in the Northeast,but a big problem in the Southwest.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

When an illegal alien comes into this country he is automatically a criminal.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Where's his proof? Where do these numbers come from?

He's not on ATS. He doesn't have to show you anything.

On top of that, consider that he's about to make a bid for the Presidency. Do you not think his facts have not been checked ... and re-checked.

Other than you, who's calling him out?

Politifact gives his statement a "Pants on Fire"

Always ask where the numbers come from. Why do you assume that Rick Perry is telling the truth — because he's too stupid to lie? He's got a history of lying like most politicians.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm disappointed in you.

It has nothing to do with 'PC' at all but thanks for playing the victim right off the bat! It's a simple question: is the illegal immigrant population responsible for disproportionately more crime or not? In particular, how many crimes are they responsible for committing against American citizens?

If they are responsible for less crimes against American citizens than a similarly sized group of Americans, then they are less of a threat to you or I than our fellow citizens.

You're welcome. Any time.

Any extra crime is just that. EXTRA. It is a crime that would not be committed if one was not here illegally. We can agree to disagree with whether that's ok or not. But one illegal committing one crime is one more crime that would NOT have been committed had they not been here.

EXTRA.

Out of all the things we need in the US right now... Extra crime is not one of them.
edit on 7/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Is that a violent crime like homicide or sexual assault? This thread is clearly about hyping the the threat to American citizens posed by violent criminals within the illegal immigrant population.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Is that a violent crime like homicide or sexual assault? This thread is clearly about hyping the the threat to American citizens posed by violent criminals within the illegal immigrant population.

It seems that some here are just apologists for criminal illegal aliens.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Any extra crime is just that. EXTRA. It is a crime that would not be committed if one was not here illegally. We can agree to disagree with whether that's ok or not. But one illegal committing one crime is one more crime that would NOT have been committed had they not been here.

You're not making any sense. Perhaps we should stop having children because they might grow up to commit crimes? Think it through. If illegal immigrants commit fewer violent crimes, particularly against American citizens, they're actually driving down your risk of being a victim.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

It seems that some here are just apologists for criminal illegal aliens.

Apologist for what? I'm just denying ignorance. Do you support irrational fear mongering?

I don't support more restrictive gun laws every time some nutjob goes on a shooting spree either. Same thing — irrational fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Perry is a scumbag:

"i won't shake the president's hand"... He shakes the president's hand,...

"Hey girls ! chomp on that gardasil,... it's good!"

What a scumbag!!!

He is playing nice 'cause he know which side of his NWO bread is buttered...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Hmmm.

Seems PolitiFact (ultra-Left Wing) may have missed a few things.

That chart seems to tell a worse story eh.

I say the Governor may be accurate after all.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Why take chances?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join