It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bombs UN school and civilian shelter, kills 15 and injures 200

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

from one of the Articles,,,quote "But you don’t have to be a citizen of the Jewish state to fight for the IDF."
unquote

but if u do,, do you get Citizenship?,, based on the Commanders recommendation of course.??

just curious.
edit on 7/24/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.vox.com... from this link i guess they were told to evacuate at least 12-24 hours in advance as they were planning on striking near by rocket/rocket launchers and that they told the UN and the red cross/crescent of their plans to strike the building today.....so why was it not evacuated if they gave anywhere from 12 to 24 hours notice.i mean being a refugee would suck either way but you would figure if you were told hey the building is gonna be hit by tanks and fighter jets people would hastily want to be standing just about anywhere else,unless the refugees never got the message.

That is incorrect…. the UN representative clearly stated that they had formally given the Israelis the exact coordinates of the school, AND at the same time asked when would a good time to move the civilian refugees out of the school.

The Israelis NEVER replied to them.

The Israelis can say what ever they want now… no more belief in their lies. Every… single… word from a zionist jew in Israel or a support of Israel anywhere in the world…. is a lie.

Throw them out of the UN RIGHT NOW! Sanction Israel in every way possible, and then sanction anyone who is not willing to follow suit, incluing the US governement and the companies run by those affiliated with the bad decission makers.

…. Or please Americans with your head in the right place, could you please just start that civil war so we can start over?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

The Israelis NEVER replied to them.

pics or it didnt happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

If one side always wants war, there will always be war.

Simplistic? Perhaps.

But there will never be peace until EVERYONE wants it.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

If one side always wants war, there will always be war.

Simplistic? Perhaps.

But there will never be peace until EVERYONE wants it.

now if we can only figure out who,, EVERYONE are.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer what if a 3rd party is stopping one of the 2 from wanting peace? What if the 3 rd party needs the war? You know selling weapons is apparently a lucrative business. Stealing oil and gas too. If the 3rd country was interested in peace it would have made sense to do something mind boggling like say stop supplying weapons to israel.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
Yep, it's a war crime, and well documented.
We can only hope those responsible will be prosecuted.
Had it been some other state instead of Israel, some 'preemptive' bombing would've already been started. Sadly.

You guys do know they dont know actually who hit the school. A hamas rocket that fell short is also a possibility. It would not be the first time a weapon malfuntioned right?although like Obama they never fail to capitalize on a crisis.

update:Hmm so the israelis let them know they would strike th e building today? apparently the hamas heard about it most likely and made sure they didnt get the memo. IF they did the attack.
edit on 14000000pppm by yuppa because: new information

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
I'll tell you what. If i was a Palestinian who had family members torn to shreds by Israeli shells, i'd be lining up at the Hamas recruiting office.

If more people did that and kicked Hamas out there would be no attacks.

I wouldn't want their blood, i would want the blood of the Israelis.

Why would you want Israeli blood? It is all due to Hamas's actions that people died - so of course you would want to blame Hamas.

Thankfully, i am just an average Aussie, lol.

Most Australians do not support terrorists,but support Israel.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

my limited understanding is that any one from any nation can sign up to fight in the idf for a 18 month tour of duty

the requirements seem to be you have to be Jewish(vouched for by a rabbi) and have at least one parent of Israeli/Jewish parentage one of my Jewish friends from hs serves with idf despite being born in California

not sure on how pay/citizen ship works in relationship to it but i had no idea so many brits did it as well and not sure if any other nation lets foreign national serve (i think usa will take non citizens as a pathway to citizenship but dont quote me on that) but on a related note it seems for lack of a better term that war/insurgent/partisan tourism is happening (see the kid from ucla who fought for syrian rebels and previously posted link talking on how lots of brits are fighting in various national armies as well as several insurgency groups in the world

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slowjoe
a reply to: beezzer what if a 3rd party is stopping one of the 2 from wanting peace? What if the 3 rd party needs the war? You know selling weapons is apparently a lucrative business. Stealing oil and gas too. If the 3rd country was interested in peace it would have made sense to do something mind boggling like say stop supplying weapons to israel.

Or stop supplying weapons to Hamas. . . .

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

and you seem to have summed up why there will never be peace "one side liars crooks the lot of them!!" the "other side well they are lying and they are the crooks" too much division and propaganda taught from birth on both sides of the isle.

it in my opinion is the main crux of the issue and why alot of people (not every one mind you) just dont care about a region that has been bathed in sectarian violence for over a millennia,for centuries each side has advocated the slaughter of the other culminating in today's division of each side being unwilling to compromise short of the full removal/death of the other side

one sides goal is the elimination of a nation based on religious views to drive them into the sea i think is the often used quote to describe what the long term goal for nations hostile to Israel is and the Israeli counterpoint is to hold on to what they have and keep killing their enemies at a 10-1(some times as high as 30-1) ratio in a long term war of attrition ,the Israelis know they will never have the moral high ground and bluntly dont care about it and openly state that if that moment does come where it looks like they are going to fall they will not just nuke their enemies they will nuke any one they think didn't help them enough including former and current allies.

so you have one side who wants nothing more then the complete elimination of a group of people who inhabit what each side views as their homeland

and the other that says they will just keep killing the other side until there is no one left(so far they are achieving their goal) and on the off chance they will lose they will unleash nuclear fire on the world

neither side is completely innocent or guilty just thousands of forms of vague grey

one side specializes in asymmetric warfare disspaering into the crowds to attempt to fight another day .the other has spent the last 50 years achieving military and tactical superiority through firepower and body count using the last centuries battle tactics as well as new ones

personally i picked my side over a decade ago and just like i am not likely to change your point of view you are not likely to change mine

kind of how like there are still Chicago cubs fans despite their dismal record and curse of the billy goat some people picked their team and stuck with it

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I guess it depends on who is supplying who with what. Were you OK with the US supplying the Mujahideen in the 80's?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I guess it depends on who is supplying who with what. Were you OK with the US supplying the Mujahideen in the 80's?

Or like they currently do with Israel?

It's only okay if certain cliques do it...

Hamas fires over a few fire-crackers and they are the anti-christ and Israel uses powerful bombs laced with depleted uranium and they are the victims. The Gazans have to smuggle their weapons in tunnels meanwhile Israel has one of the best military in the world mostly fed by other nations' taxpayers.

Very confusing at times...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Does it really matter?

Iran is supplying Hamas.
US is supplying Israel.

Both are fighting.

Neither want peace.

Enjoy your war.

(beezzer throws hands up in the air and walks away)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Is it a war crime to hide/shelter missiles in schools, hospitals, mosques?

It goes against the Geneva Convention that "neutral zones" such as hospitals and religious locations are used to store military weapons let alone launch them. Those locations are allowed a few items for self defense like revolvers or rifles.

If they are used to launch missiles then they cease to be a "neutral zone".

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Does it really matter?

Yeah it matters. You DO know that the Mujahedin of the 80's were the Taliban of this millennium? It seems like this is an exclusive bunch.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Does it really matter?

Yeah it matters. You DO know that the Mujahedin of the 80's were the Taliban of this millennium? It seems like this is an exclusive bunch.

By golly, then lets distract from all of this and talk about how inept the US is!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You really want me to go there? Because if I do I'm coming out with this:

But I'm offering an olive branch.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Like I previously stated. . .

The US is supplying Israel.

Iran, Qatar is supplying Hamas.

Hamas is fighting Israel.
Israel is fighting back.

War sucks.

Pick a side. Buy a t-shirt, wave a flag.

There will be no real change until all sides want peace.

Hamas doesn't.
Israel doesn't.
The US doesn't.
Qatar doesn't.
Iran doesn't.

Wake me when the world grows the #### up and wants peace.

Because I am getting sick and tired of the one-sided bull spit!

Hamas this.
Israel that.

Evil Israel threads.
Evil Hamas threads.

I tried to keep rational in all of this. I tried to be respectful through all of this. It taxes me sometimes.

So keep your war. Keep rooting for one side.

I'm going to pray for peace, light a candle, and look forward. Because this "gotcha" bull spit is getting old.

You and I are both too damned old to be concerned about war anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The tide of world public opinion is changing... The Joe Publics of the world have had enough and their words are being heard by their governments... This Ground swill against Israel is everywhere to be seen , hell even their internet shill brigade are going to be hard pressed to stem the flow of condemnation thats growing on every level of the internet.... ITS ABOUT TIME

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join