It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican ready to make a statement on extraterrestrial life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The Vatican is ready to make a statement on extraterrestrial life
voxxi.com...

This July another advancement made by Jesuit priest Guy Consolmagno, a doctor in astronomy for the Vatican Observatory, was given the Carl Sagan science medal from the American Astronomical Society (AAS).

This past March the Vatican Observatory and the University of Arizona organized a conference held in Tucson to discuss the advances made in the search for extraterrestrial life. The conference was inspired by the rapid discovery of planets, new findings on the thresholds of extreme conditions at which life on Planet Earth can survive, and new technology designed for the search of life on exoplanets.

Vatican preparing statement on extraterrestrial life
www.examiner.com...

What is likely to be the content of Pope Francis' upcoming statement or possible “Urbi et Orbi” speech about alien life? An important clue is a forthcoming presentation by Fr. Consolmagno at a September 18-19, 2014, astrobiology symposium organized by NASA and the Library of Congress that is titled: “Preparing for Discovery: A Rational Approach to the Implications of Finding Microbial, Complex or Intelligent Life Beyond Earth.”

The above articles do not give explicit answer as what exact event the Vatican prepares next. They give suggestions what is most likely to happen next. They might be told to write as much, being insiders and well informed people.

The activities of top Vatican astronomers in the last decades lead to one same direction. Billions of dollars spent on telescopes. Numerous interviews of Jesuit astronomers who say all the same: Alien life is highly probable to exist, it is OK from theological point of view, and it is not demonic. That same direction was approved during the rules of 3 different popes, one of them a Saint. That should be enough for hardline Catholics (and others) to accept the reality of a Universe populated by many more civilizations, races and cultures, all created by God.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The much discussed pop-selling conspiracy book "Exo Vaticana" is eruditely debunked by the ET expert DR Michael Salla:

Not all will welcome a statement from Pope Francis advocating extraterrestrials as brothers and worthy of being baptized into the Christian faith. According to Chris Putnam and Tom Horn, authors of Exovaticana, Pope Francis I is preparing to lead the Catholic Church to embrace aliens as “brothers in Christ” – reflective of the 1950s and 1960s contactee reports of benevolent “space brothers.” Putnam’s and Horn’s Exovaticana portends a future religious war between those accepting extraterrestrials as “brothers in Christ” and those believing them to be returning demons about to enslave us. Despite the extensive scholarship found in Exovaticana, it unfortunately skews data towards an overly negative assessment of the motivations of extraterrestrial visitors. Thankfully, the Vatican’s evolving public position, as reflected by statements from its leading astronomers, shows a far more enlightened stance on how to consider the discovery of alien life from a theological perspective

A better, more positive view on God's trillion-wide creation should be formed among the Christians on planet Earth.

If Pope Francis is indeed preparing a statement about extraterrestrial life, it is likely to emphasize that there is no incompatibility in Christian teachings with a belief in extraterrestrial life as Fr. Funes proposed in May 2008. More importantly, Pope Francis is likely to emphasize themes of extraterrestrials: not sharing in original sin; being more ethically evolved; and being capable of sharing the Christian message, and being our brothers.

edit on 24-7-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why in the world would anyone care what the Vatican thinks about extraterrestrial life?

The Catholic Church has completely lost ALL credibility.

Also seems extremely suspicious considering the probe and sex abuse connections that they both seem to have in common.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Also seems extremely suspicious considering the probe and sex abuse connections that they both seem to have in common.

I have to admit, I lol'd. I was sort of rolling my eyes at the typical Murgatroid response but that was funny.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

That same direction was approved during the rules of 3 different popes, one of them a Saint

You mean the Pope who knew about child molestation & the murders of some of those victims was made a saint so we should trust him & his other Pope buddies who were all privy to the same information? Why should we trust them?

I'm not saying there isn't other life out there, but that's not a great argument for why we should believe someone so evil.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

damn it! I didn't vote for the canonization, anyway it is a fact. Perhaps it matters for the faithful catholics .

I thought you'd rather demonize aliens. In all, too little has been said and too late. Ashtar crew members are not enough, neither are the abductees of little green men. The world needs the issue on the table asap before the next disaster happens.
edit on 24-7-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Unless these Catholic jokers are in direct communication with extra terrestrials, I say they are talking a load of crud.
second line same as the first....

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
The much discussed pop-selling conspiracy book "Exo Vaticana" is eruditely debunked by the ET expert DR Michael Salla:

Tom Horn is a quack. I read both his Exo Vaticana and his Petrus Romanus. Sensationalized bunk. Funny .. he's got that guy Steve Quayle wrapped around his little finger. I'm actually looking forward to the next pope so then perhaps people will wake up to what Tom Horn is. He's getting rich by feeding off people's insane fears and taking their money.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Why in the world would anyone care what the Vatican thinks about extraterrestrial life?

The Catholic Church has completely lost ALL credibility.

The only way I'd care is if they confessed they were aliens themselves and that they will be leaving indefinitely. Adios!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Not all will welcome a statement from Pope Francis advocating extraterrestrials as brothers and worthy of being baptized into the Christian faith. According to Chris Putnam and Tom Horn, authors of Exovaticana, Pope Francis I is preparing to lead the Catholic Church to embrace aliens as “brothers in Christ” – reflective of the 1950s and 1960s contactee reports of benevolent “space brothers.” Putnam’s and Horn’s Exovaticana portends a future religious war between those accepting extraterrestrials as “brothers in Christ” and those believing them to be returning demons about to enslave us. Despite the extensive scholarship found in Exovaticana, it unfortunately skews data towards an overly negative assessment of the motivations of extraterrestrial visitors. Thankfully, the Vatican’s evolving public position, as reflected by statements from its leading astronomers, shows a far more enlightened stance on how to consider the discovery of alien life from a theological perspective

Now this is some funny stuff here. More meaningless rhetoric from both sides. Do we really need the fundies, or the universalists to tell us how to view the possibility(inevitability?) of ET life, and help us reconcile it to our cognitive dissonance?

Seriously. They've been preparing us for the big announcement for decades. Can we just get it over with?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I just hope they are hot.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm sure the ETs are relieved that the Catholic Church has okay'd their existence... if they have a sense of humor, the reason they visit becomes apparent.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mukiwa
Unless these Catholic jokers are in direct communication with extra terrestrials, I say they are talking a load of crud.
second line same as the first....

Sadly, I really don't think these people are 'jokers' at all...

I believe that they are playing for keeps.

Many are convinced that they ARE in fact in direct communication with these lying buggers.

originally posted by: The GUT
...the hypothesis that best fits the UFO phenomenon is, imo, that those little stinking, lying buggers ARE demons.

"What follows is a link that is not for people easily disturbed. It is a description of what took place on June 29, 1963. We provide it to you here so you know what kind of evil the SSPX has been "dialoguing" with over the last several years--the full force of the Devil himself." Satan "Enthroned" in the Vatican

Archbishop Milingo, who works inside the Vatican, as the Special Delegate to The Pontifical Council for the Pastoral Care of Immigrants and Itinerants, is uniquely qualified to speak on the issue of satanism. Besides his responsibilities in the Vatican, the Archbishop is a world renowned veteran exorcist.

"Archbishop Milingo is a good Bishop and his contention that there are satanists in Rome is completely correct. Anybody who is acquainted with the state of affairs in the Vatican in the last 35 years is well aware that the prince of darkness has had and still has his surrogates in the court of St. Peter in Rome."

Satanism Is Practiced in Vatican

Former vatican insider Malachi Martin's asserted that a "Satanic Enthronement ceremony" took place in the Vatican in 1963. The result of this ritual meant the Vatican manifested what clerics referred to as the 'Superforce." Martin had first made reference to a diabolic rite held in Rome in his 1990 non-fiction best-seller about geopolitics and the Vatican, The Keys of This Blood, p 632 where he wrote:

"Most frighteningly for [Pope] John Paul [II], he had come up against the irremovable presence of a malign strength in his own Vatican and in certain bishops' chancelleries. It was what knowledgeable Churchmen called the 'superforce.' Rumors, always difficult to verify, tied its installation to the beginning of Pope Paul VI's reign in 1963. Indeed Paul had alluded somberly to 'the smoke of Satan, which has entered the Sanctuary'... an oblique reference to an enthronement ceremony by Satanists in the Vatican.

Malachi said this book was 85% based in reality. Fr. Malachi Martin said more members of the clergy are becoming aware of the situation. An archbishop also accused high members of the hierarchy in Rome of practicing Satanism. The Italian newspaper Il Tempo and other major daily papers reported this stunning news." "According to The New American, Martin confirmed that the ceremony did indeed occur as he had described."

Malachi Martin -- Satan Enthroned in Vatican?

edit on 24-7-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I expect that any forthcoming announcement will not be "we found aliens", but rather "here's how the church will react if we do fine aliens." A number of prominent Catholics have discussed the issue in the past, including Pope Francis, and I suppose that they want to get something official on the record (ie: into the Catechism.)

As a side note, OP, putting "Vatican" or "Catholic" into the title of your thread is pretty much guaranteed to derail it, as those words are like honey to a bee for ignorant anti-Catholics who think that there is no point in discussing anything about the world's oldest and largest institution than the sex abuse scandals and crackpot conspiracy theories.

edit on 24-7-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Many are convinced that they ARE in fact in direct communication with these lying buggers.

Who are the 'many'?? Anyone with any credibility?
Or is it just more of the aliens = demons bunk and Tom Horn type silliness?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Who are the 'many'?? Anyone with any credibility?
Or is it just more of the aliens = demons bunk and Tom Horn type silliness?

If you want to choose to believe what religion says, hey... knock yourself out.

I simply choose not to.

I have no problem at all believing what vatican insiders such as Malachi Martin are saying.

His statements and many others such as Archbishop Milingo are directly opposed to what religion says.

Religion has clearly demonstrated by it's actions that it has lost all credibility.

It's clearly obvious to anyone that only ONE of them is speaking the truth.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

If you want to choose to believe what religion says, hey... knock yourself out.

If you had seen my posts, you'd know I don't blindly follow religion.
YOU said that many people think the Vatican is talking to aliens.
I asked ... WHO? I'd like to know who the 'many' people are.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What if they simply announce they discovered extra terrestrial microorganisms?

It could be complex and intelligent life being announced but if there was to be such an announcement we wouldn't be waiting for it and many leaks would have come to light that we discovered Steven Spielberg's ET.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
What if they simply announce they discovered extra terrestrial microorganisms?

Didn't NASA already do that when they released info about that Mars meteorite that was found at the south pole? Something like that???

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't need no pope to tell me that something exists or not, I do my own reasoning and so should everyone.

-MM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join