It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist Ken Ham calls to end space program because aliens are going to hell anyway

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
a reply to: olaru12

You trashed the Jehovah's Witnesses besides Ken Ham.

That last paragraph is what is generally referred to as "a joke".

You've apparently never heard Reality Remix, Wednesday nights on ATS Radio… I do a lot of jokes -- that line was recycled from one that I told about Catholics a couple of months ago.

I know it was a joke...my point was the "holier than thou" arrogance that permeates Christianity. Your JOKE about another denomination demonstrated it perfectly.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

When a mystic Christian was desperately trying to save my soul he lamented that the biggest obstacle to intelligent people embracing Christianity was other Christians.

Yup.

And he ended up deciding I was fine as I am... bless his soul.

edit on 7/21/2014 by Baddogma because: grammaristically craptastic

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sometimes I think so-called Christians like Ken Ham are actually hired to do exactly what he does. Make everyone think all Christians are just like him. As a former literalist. Even my former brothers and sisters wouldn't have said anything so ludicrous.
edit on 7/21/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Oh, you're one of those Christians. Authorized by your god to pick and choose which part of his divinely-inspired book to believe in.

Carry on.

But, seriously, it's 2014.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
C.S. Lewis believed aliens, if they existed, would be unfallen. In That Hideous Strength, he referred to the vastness of interplanetary distances as 'God's quarantine precautions', designed to keep Earthly sin from infecting the rest of the universe.

I wonder how Ham (what an appropriate name) worked out that intelligent aliens, if they are any, are going to Hell. And why, if they are sinners as we are said to be, they should not have the Gospel preached to them and their souls saved.

These people normally quote Scripture to justify their idiocies, don't they? Maybe someone should quote John 10:16 back at dear old Ken.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well when you get down to it Ken Hams claim raises an interesting question.

He claims aliens are going to hell. Why, is it because they would be of a different culture and would probably not follow Christianity?

If that is the case then why is it he seems crazy to other Christians. Christians have been claiming the same thing about other cultures for centuries. Is it the alien part? If anything Ham is using the same reasoning I have seen Christians use over and over on all cultures terrestrial.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mmali

I fail to understand how you can laugh at the absurdity of this, yet believe a man lived in whales' stomach for three days.

You crazy Christians.

Spot on my good sir!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

LOL that's funny

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Sometimes I think so-called Christians like Ken Ham are actually hired to do exactly what he does. Make everyone think all Christians are just like him. As a former literalist. Even my former brothers and sisters wouldn't have said anything so ludicrous.

hmmm never thought of that

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Well when you get down to it Ken Hams claim raises an interesting question.

He claims aliens are going to hell. Why, is it because they would be of a different culture and would probably not follow Christianity?

If that is the case then why is it he seems crazy to other Christians. Christians have been claiming the same thing about other cultures for centuries. Is it the alien part? If anything Ham is using the same reasoning I have seen Christians use over and over on all cultures terrestrial.

I imagine aliens would be judged the same way as remote tribes.

Rom 2:5
But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

Rom 2:6
God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” [fn]

Rom 2:7
To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Rom 2:8
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

Rom 2:12
All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

Rom 2:13
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Rom 2:14
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

Rom 2:15
They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mmali

I fail to understand how you can laugh at the absurdity of this, yet believe a man lived in whales' stomach for three days.

You crazy Christians.

maybe it was an alien submarine.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

C.S. Lewis believed aliens, if they existed, would be unfallen. In That Hideous Strength, he referred to the vastness of interplanetary distances as 'God's quarantine precautions', designed to keep Earthly sin from infecting the rest of the universe.

Interesting. I've read some Lewis, but not this. Although I have had some discussion on other species not being "fallen", as we supposedly are.
John 10:16

16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Lol!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Then people wonder why aliens wont make contact ...
People like that are one of the biggest reasons .. all they do is hold humanity back ...

Really? Well first of all, they know the exact percentage of those who think like that, their names, and the number of hairs on their head, including their thoughts, situation, soul history, and what they were meant to accomplish, and dream time. And they can meet with their Higher Selves and need to get permission to access or they already have permission. That would be the Good and Neutral and Higher Ups.

But Ets formed all those religions and the fundamentalist ideas are all their responsibility in their reform school, they did this, they manipulate the wars and the religions and think in their very harsh and twisted ideas, this is a good way of dealing with souls that don't comply with their Darth Vader rule, or in other cases, those who are angry or violent or revolutionary, I don't really understand why they're not just put in jail and reformed by Higher Ups, for that is what is needed. This is about the ETs being put in jail, the bad ones who are doing this. And even those who did bad things in the past, after having memories taken, and being born innocent babies, learn best in loving supportive environments, not under Darth Vader's thumb, that twists them up more.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Indeed there is intelligent life all over except inside his small narrow brain!

His brain is so small if you magnified it 1 million times it would still roll around in his head like a pea in cereal box.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Hi Ad, nice to see a thread up from you.

a lot of members may think I'm negative when it comes to
science. I'm not. Of course there is a lot of God given science
in my view. After all God is the ultimate scientist above all.
But I disagree with a space program for one simple reason
unlike Ken Ham. I believe it is wrong if man achieves the
speed of light. And one child goes to bed hungry tonight.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Randy that is a nice thought however two things.

1 Trying to achieve light speed is a fools errand but we are working on Warp Drives.

2 The ability to traverse the universe could insure the survival of the Human race until the universe burns out.

That seems to be a worthwhile endeavor.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

John 10: 16, YES! I've discussed it several times with pastors, they claim it is meant for those who preceeded and followed after Christ. I am not so certain. I keep coming back to the FOLD, and what was meant...as in other dimension, or space fold. But hey, that is just my curiosity, and I do not want to miss the forest for the trees. We cannot be alone in our struggles, can we? If other intelligences are out there, they fought through the weeds as well, most likely. Salvation for all, ALL...we are not the only life worthy of such hope, we are not above ALL, we are not THE CREATOR'S favorite. One of many, I imagine.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I give you some bigtime kudos for using the right words there
Grim.

That seems to be a worthwhile endeavor.

And I was just using "The speed of light" in the abstract of course.
SnF BTW.
edit on Rpm72114v022014u12 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree that its a waste of money, because this technologies, also the ones they are allied with (the governments with rebel alliance) are pathetically underpowered by millions of years..... They are doomed whatever they do.

And they will never make it move out the solar system. Thats why they rush to bring ww3, 1 world government and genocide more than the 2/3 of the planet... So they can vast extract all planet resources and leave as fast as they can. Thats what the scums do and they dream of, they can make it... lets see them, grab some popcorn.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The real problem with this guy is something that cuts across ALL religion. It’s called literalism or fundamentalist literalism.

That’s the problem with the Islamic Jihadists and radicals. Though all Islamic literalists are not violent.

What people have to understand is that, Western religion particularly, the big 3, have literal verses and allegorical verses in their scriptures.

An example of literal would be: thou shall not kill or covet thy neighbor’s wife.

And example of Allegorical scripture would be the story of the Garden of Eden, or the verse that says God created the universe in 7 days.

Allegory has many possibilities and levels of interpretation.

Literal scripture is clearer on the most part and is limited to a narrower interpretation.

The problem with literalists is that they think the ALLEGORICAL verses are the same as the non allegorical verses, something that is not the case.

So a verse in the bible where it says “God created the universe in 7 days” they think that is a non ALLEGORICAL verse, and literally true, where in reality it is clearly an allegorical verse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join