It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Wants Us To 'Open Our Hearts' To The Illegal Aliens Being Detained...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think he is slowly getting off of whatever meds he was on after he went off the rails from cutting out the drugs and booze, so we are seeing the peeks and valleys that come with people getting clean or drying out.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
a reply to: Kryties

Sooo, you don't want that foreign aid? Sweet.

Thankyou for proving my point.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

America created the 'War on Drugs' which is what has, and is still, destroying Mexico and the other South American countries these refugees are fleeing from. One might think Americans would realise this and have a little empathy for the people whose lives they have helped tear apart.

And before you say 'It wasn't us it was our government' - apparently America is a democracy right? One person one vote? Americans voted in the governments that have created the problems that the Mexicans are fleeing from and yet don't want to help.

Typical, about what we expect from 'The Great and Almighty America' these days.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

America is a democracy right? One person one vote?

Nope, The United States is a Constitutional REPUBLIC. It is not and never has been a Democracy. As far as One person one vote goes Nope again, you should look up the Electoral College.
The United States Electoral College is the institution that officially elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. The President and Vice President are not elected directly by the voters.

edit on 9-7-2014 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The "great almighty America". Is not responsible for the Mexican gov refusal to police it's own politics and military....

The "great almighty america" is not responsible for the Mexican gov refusal to handle it's own corrupt system and take care of it's own people...

There are so many countries out there who have a lot less in resources and access to technology. But still take care of their people...

That's mexicos responsibility not anyone else's

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

So 'spreading democracy to the Middle East' was just a total lie then?

Why am I not surprised.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

They are not refuges Mr. UN council.

They are illegals. Plain and simple.

Being kind to people is just that, being kind. But that doesn't mean turning a blind eye to those that break the law or circumvent a legal process.

Funny, as you don't really have any "skin in the game" in this situation. No wonder you have chimed in.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Personally, I got no problem with anyone being kind to others, children especially.

But....that does not negate the fact that they, and every other illegal here, needs to be deported.

Confusing kindness with weakness, or equating kindness to lawlessness is a Progressive mindset.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Glen Beck... and the horse he rode in on.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

He's going to bring truckloads of soccer balls, and teddy bears to the centers.
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

He should bring truckloads of food. Diapers for the children. Truckloads of medicine. Truckloads of doctors. Truckloads of teachers to teach them english. Soccer Balls and Teddy bears? Case and point about all these people saying we should let them in. When push comes to shove all you got to offer is soccer balls and teddy bears. Meanwhile EVERYTHING else that these illegals needs is coming out of tax payers money. They even want us to call them "refugees" now, like they are fleeing some sort of holocaust. Glenn Beck is a stooge, I think this proves it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

America is a democracy right? One person one vote?

Nope, The United States is a Constitutional REPUBLIC. It is not and never has been a Democracy. As far as One person one vote goes Nope again, you should look up the Electoral College.
The United States Electoral College is the institution that officially elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. The President and Vice President are not elected directly by the voters.

Yeah I been having to explain the phrase "Constitutional Republic" as opposed to "Democracy" a lot lately. Our process is "democratic". Meaning things are put to a vote and people are supposed to have a say in what goes on. It is not however a Democracy. In a democracy 51% rules, hell even 50.00000001% rules in a democracy. People arent aware of all this because the way the constitution has been shredded over the years. The states were supposed to be almost sovereign countries unto themselves. The federal government was only supposed to settle disputes between states and defend the republic. We didn't start becoming a "Democracy" until they slowly started usurping the rights of the states AND the congress. Furthermore, we still aren't a democracy, and won't be unless they drastically change (remove) the system. Democracy would require that we vote on all the issues. A representative democracy means we elect people to vote on all the issues. Instead they pick and choose which issues to vote on and rarely factor in the will of the people at all.....Hardly democratic.
edit on 9-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

America created the 'War on Drugs' which is what has, and is still, destroying Mexico and the other South American countries these refugees are fleeing from. One might think Americans would realise this and have a little empathy for the people whose lives they have helped tear apart.

Guess what. It ruined the lives of African Americans just as bad. Destroyed our communities. Broke up our families. Guess what tho....their drug lord relatives got paid. The drug lords make plenty money and chances are every last person crossing that border knows a few people who work for cartels. Maybe they should stop growing coc aine. Maybe they should hold the government officials feet to the fire. They have no right to come make our lives miserable because they refuse to stand up and make their own lives better. Do I have a right to go to their country and demand reparations for the family I have that got hooked to crack over the years? For the 67 people who got shot in Chicago over the weekend...presumably all gang related. Maybe we should mass migrate the poor residents of Detroit to Juarez and see how the Mexicans like it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I`m all for no amnesty and deport them all and Beck can go with them.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

I listen to beck on a regular basis. I don't always agre with him but. He had actually sent truckloads of food already down there

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Give me your tired, your poor,

The inscription on the Statue of Liberty indicates that all people are welcome here.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

That's all fine and dandy. I suppose he is paying for them to be housed, guarded and transported as well. Anyone that wants them here needs to pay the full cost of them being here. Don't expect people to help foot the bill at all. We can't even afford to run our own country. We run trillion dollar deficits every year these days. Every dollar we spend on them is a dollar and some change we owe back to the federal reserve. Schools have to make special accomodations for these children. They need social services. Health Care. All at tax payer expense. As I said in another forum. People who say we should let them in think they are taking the moral high road. You aren't. You just want to feel good about yourself and dont care that we have plenty of Americans living under bridges, and children not being fed or housed properly. What are we importing more for? So we get on the news and say "Look how nice us americans are". All while denying help to millions of Americans who could use that same aid.

Furthermore, breaking a countries laws because you "want a better life" sounds pretty selfish to me. Do they not understand their "better life" has to be paid for? Only selfishness and a sense of entitlement makes a person break the law and expect to be rewarded for doing so. The illegal immigrants are selfish, the people who just want to feel good and let them come in are selfish, and the people who don't wanna pay for them are selfish. The only difference is.....not wanting to give someone a handout when you don't have it to give is called self preservation.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: borracho

So just because some poet writes a poem that speaks for everyone?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there. These children have mainly come from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, not Mexico. I'd also like to point out that we have a long history of intervention in Latin America, particularly in Guatemala and El Salvador.

Isn't anyone familiar with the term Banana Republic?

In Guatemala for instance, a CIA mercenary army led a military coup of the democratically elected president in 1954 (PBSUCCESS) at the behest of the United Fruit Company under the guise that he was a communist sympathizer. CIA director Allen Dulles was a stockholder in the United Fruit Company. Hundreds of thousands of people were killed by the US backed military regimes over the next four decades during the Guatemalan Civil War.

Chickens coming home to roost?

edit on 2014-7-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And before you say 'It wasn't us it was our government' - apparently America is a democracy right? One person one vote? Americans voted in the governments that have created the problems that the Mexicans are fleeing from and yet don't want to help.

Hey buddy, it's not like your country (no matter which one) is a paragon of good will and giving either. No country is like that. Stop pretending like your country would act any differently if placed in the same position. Your arrogance is astounding as well as your blanket hatred of Americans. Try looking in a mirror before spewing crap about others not being compassionate.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Not our problem. They should go protest their goverment like we are protesting ours. Running away from the problem isn't fixing it for any of the people they left behind. What...are they gonna come make money and send for the rest of them? We might as well just send free plane tickets to all the poor and destitute of the world. By implying we have to take in THESE children you are implying we have to take in ALL children. We got a history of interfering in a lot of places. Doesn't entitle a single one of them to any of the taxes I paid recently. They can take that up with the individuals in a international court. That is how you settle disputes of that nature. Not sending your poor and destitute to flood our borders.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join