It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Wants Us To 'Open Our Hearts' To The Illegal Aliens Being Detained...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

they can just sit around and make do with nothing. let them live in tents encased by barbed wire, with little contact with the outside. do this for a few months then ship them right back, in the case where it can not be verified what country they come from, ship them back to where they entered from (Mexico) and let them deal with them (and come to the realization they need to control their borders). in short they are not and should not be the problem of the US. in the case they were supposed to meet up with people already in the US, investigate it. then unless they either knew nothing about it, or if they did they did everything they could to stop them from coming, then deport them as well, having them pay the costs of caring for these kids while here and all their transport home, (up to even selling all their possessions to pay every dime they can of the costs). on top of that they should take DNA from all of them and inform them that they are NEVER welcome to ever come back for any reason. make
You display a hardened, zealous mind and a ridiculousness that is beyond most people's grasp. All of the action items you listed would make YOU feel so efficient, would'nt they! Side-stepping practicality, feasability, and decency, in exchange for a crazy, line-in-the-sand pseudoperspective.
I say PSEUDO because to have perspective, one must not be blinded by hate, rage, contempt, and neutered by knee-jerk instincts which are given no time to mature. You offer no solution. a reply to: generik

edit on 9-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yeah, but I bet he is NIMBY(Not In My Back Yard). He's okay with them going to everybody elses neighborhoods, though. Just like most rich yuppies think. Glen is an idiot. He is a mentally ill loon. He burned his brain cells up when he was a coke-head freak and is making no sense. Just ignore him and maybe he'll go away.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Leaders? All I see are dilapidated puppets pining for their next paycheck. We lost the leaders a long long time ago. It's my opinion that the last good leader we had was Reagan, even though he wasn't perfect, he got work done that mattered.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think there were many proposals to help needy citizens in our country, but I think a lot of that got taken off the table when we basically had hysteria from the right-wing about "wealth-redistribution", or "communism/marxism", and the GOP majority in the house of representatives.

now whether obama should have passed programs for relief during his first months in office, the answer is yes he should have, I don't think he was expecting the sort of deadlock we got after those first-months in office.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My take on this whole fiasco is to show compassion and provide care (medical and psychological) to these children, but absolutely do not give them citizenship. Then....

We should investigate thoroughly who really is behind the mass exodus; who really has allowed them to travel unhindered from Central America into Mexico, through Mexico, and on into our country...not only WHO sent them and why, but for what purpose. Who really are these kids and young adults? How are they related to certain factions in Central America? What promises have been made and to whom and by whom? These are important questions we should be demanding answers for.

We live in dangerous times. This is not the 19th century or early 20th century. Allowing people to cross willy nilly into our country is a serious national security issue now and the consequences can be very grave indeed.

Someone or some group is using children to muddy the waters of rationality. It confuses and confounds our ability to act with forcefulness and reasonableness. They know this. The American People have a soft spot for children and abandoned animals
Look at all the commercials showing sad eyes and raggedy clothes/fur. "And, just think, only $19 a day.....blah blah blah....and we'll send you a picture of little so-and-so every month!"

You have to know who and what your target is to be able to aim. WE THE PEOPLE don't have a clue, so we flounder about not knowing which way to turn.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If he's doing it with his own money, fine. I know I'm not contributing to his fund.
It's known that he pulls trucks full of stuff up to every disaster site, so maybe he thinks this is a disaster.
I find him erratic and schmaltzy.

I don't like his news site. It's full of weird news and even weirder comments, and this is coming from someone who posts Here.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Leaders? All I see are dilapidated puppets pining for their next paycheck. We lost the leaders a long long time ago. It's my opinion that the last good leader we had was Reagan, even though he wasn't perfect, he got work done that mattered.

"It's why we elect leaders, to bad we can't find any to make the hard choices." This from my previous post, then we are in full agreement. Dilapidated might be a stretch but puppets none the less.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Glenn Beck can go stuff it.

No country, No government should be ruled by emotion.

There is a time, and a place for it.

In the church, and in the home.

Not on capitol shill.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Glenn Beck started out good, but in the last couple years, especially since he left FNC (I only saw his show there a couple times, as I don't have a TV in my home), he has taken a distinct bent towards the religious. Now, don't get me wrong; I'm an apostolic minister, and my faith provides me the worldview through which I form views on everything. However, in Beck's case, when I listen to his show on SXM Patriot, he seems to feel that he is serving as a "founding father" type, if you will, and is seeking to create some sort of kingdom of God here on earth. I don't know enough about Mormonism to accurately say if that is an outgrowth of his conversion to said religion. It could be, I really don't know. However, while I do believe that it is in the best interest of a peaceful nation for moral and peaceful behavior to be promoted, I'm not interested in living in a theocracy. Moral behavior starts in the heart of the individual, not in the halls of government.

In my opinion, Beck is buying into the emotion-laden argument that is being peddled by the Democrats. Emotion, especially as connected with children, is often used as a tool of manipulation by those in power to achieve their goals. History bears that out.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I, for one, am not surprised at the cruel way many Americans wish to treat refugees.

And Australia is friendly and compassionate towards illegal aliens? No, wait your navy drives Indonesian refugees out of your waters. But I'm sure that's not relevant to your American bashing.

Glenn Beck is about as interesting as full contact octogenarian jello wrestling

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Who are these masterminds? Whats your take on that?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RidgeWalker

You don't think the attitude of " kick em the hell out" isn't emotion laden?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81

"so he seeks ratings...do I have to say it again? %$#@ just incase

Wow that is some serious hate to repeat yourself in 3 different post.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Why would you get mad at Glen Beck who makes alot of money and gives food and toys to children who need it?

This has to be a good thing Glen Beck is doing,something the government is stupid at doing.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Beck is known as controlled opposition. With that people are weary of his actions. Could be very well it's being done, to make his followers retain the same position as him and or to make groups against immigration look bad, "If Conservative Tea Partier Beck can have a heart towards these children why can't I donate as well?" "Am I a bad person if I do not?" It's all agenda.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hogstooth

I, for one, am not surprised at the cruel way many Americans wish to treat refugees.

And Australia is friendly and compassionate towards illegal aliens? No, wait your navy drives Indonesian refugees out of your waters. But I'm sure that's not relevant to your American bashing.

Actually it IS relevant, thanks for bringing it up. The difference between what is happening in America to what is happening in Australia because of refugees is that the majority of the Australian public is protesting AGAINST sending the refugees back home whereas the opposite is true in America.

Thanks again for bringing that up mate, it helped strengthen my case in this thread

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: hogstooth

Actually it IS relevant, thanks for bringing it up. The difference between what is happening in America to what is happening in Australia because of refugees is that the majority of the Australian public is protesting AGAINST sending the refugees back home whereas the opposite is true in America.

Thanks again for bringing that up mate, it helped strengthen my case in this thread

So the population of Australia is what 23, 24 million? We could send you 12 million latinos and see what they do to your economy. Then maybe just a little bit of that arrogant smile will be wiped from your face when you can't even get into your own ER in an emergency, or afford the cost of government food and housing programs. Yeah we could start loading them up tomorrow. I would even say they are adept at your climate as well, easy transition.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: RidgeWalker

You don't think the attitude of " kick em the hell out" isn't emotion laden?

Of course it is. There are deeply-rooted emotions are both sides of the argument.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This a thousand times over. Americans believe that by virtue of birth, they are better than all others. Oh, they may say otherwise, but just read some of the comments here. They see themselves as American Nobility and how dare another human try to infringe upon that.

we should not be pampering these kids at all, that will only encourage others once they hear that by illegally crossing into the US they will reap the reward of living far better than they would at home.

Why should anyone of these immigrants deserve a better life? They were not born American so what right do they have of trying to find a better life? The Statue of Liberty? Archaic hogwash. After all, if God allowed you to be born American, then you belong to the elite 1% of all nations. And if God thinks so little of you that you were born in another country then who are we to deny God?

America has lost it's humanity. It's worth is tied to an arbitrary line in the dirt. Or at the end of a gun.

And yes, I am an American.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with proving food, water, and shelter to these illegals for a very limited time. Meeting human needs in a time of crisis is one of the most basic tenets of American culture and history.

However....

This is a manufactured crisis. This is not a natural disaster, this is a predictable result of border policies.

Should we provide basic provisions for a short time till the border can be secured (it won't be...that's the point), and the migrants can be safely sent back home? Certainly. But giving three hots and a cot indefinitely, along with de facto legal status is simply an invitation for more to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join