It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Whopper - Burger King serves GAY Food - This is the beginning of the END

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I can totally relate to Tay as I'm dealing with a rather stubborn Akita at the moment so the analogy is quiet pertinent and relevant.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I agree. If government is going to categorize certain relationships as having certain legal standings that in cases of medical decisions that trump children, parental or siblings say so, Last Wills, power of attorney etc... than it must (IMO) not give the religious preferential treatment in that regard but also to any two consenting adults of any gender (hell it should be fine if more than two consenting adults wish to enter into that as well).

Arguments can be had for days about whether the word marriage is bound to religion only and therefor only followers of religion can get married but WGAF? It's a word. It's not the word people want extended to others, it's the legal protections. I choose to say gay marriage because it describes exactly what I mean by legal terms because to me marriage is a specially recognized relationship attributed to humanity, not your God, not my God, not in absence of a God but to humans alone throughout the course of history. It's a psychological and social concept and construct; to be quite frank who the hell can own such a thing? You may as well try to state that only Christians can use triangles. That's my argument and it matters to certain religious peoples as much as their argument matters to Bob and Billy two men who want to get their relationship moved up to a legal standing so that if Billy gets sick his bigot parents can't keep Bob away.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Stupid move by Burger slop, this will just open up all sorts of problems for them. Why do you ask? Well let me explain it to you.

Basically, This will allow an employee of theirs, who may just happen to hold anti-gay beliefs, to target the customer. They will get a specially prepared Proud Whopper, and laugh about it.

Happens to cops all the time in fast food joints. I even remember back in Highschool this guy told me that he pee'd into the pickle barrel at the McDonalds he worked at.

So you don't even need to be anyone special to be targeted by these dirt bags who mess with people's food. Think it won't happen to Gays? Better think again. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
So...Burger King always used to sell burgers for everyone equally. Now...they are selling a special burger implying that gay is special, non-equal or worse yet...different. Definitely not equality. Actually...the opposite.

It comes in a different wrapper, but is the exact same whopper.

The hell do you get to your conclusion from that. The analogy is that we are all the same at heart regardless of our exteriors.

If you say so...then the idea is really kinda stupid. But back to the point. If Burger King wanted to show that we are all equal, the last thing they would do is make a special product. Same burger or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I am not allowed to have a business that only hires white people

Yes you are (and there's millions of them) as long as you're not outwardly stating that you will only hire whites.

but there are businesses and/or groups that only hire black people

Yes there are and as long as they don't outwardly state that they will only hire black people it's legal.

If you want everyone to be treated fairly and equally...you can't start treating people as special with special allowances.

Well that's not really the case here though is it? I'll use the example I used earlier in the thread. You have all the legos and now you're suddenly noticing that little Tommy has one duplo block now you're throwing a tantrum because you don't have any duplo blocks.

You and others that share your view that the USA is descending into PC hell where everyone is a special snowflake except white, christian men... need to realize that white, christian men have always been the special snowflake, they made the laws of the land, the rules of society, and control over every aspect of living, loving and learning in this country that you can think of... other groups now claiming power and demanding equal access changes nothing for white christian males it just means you might have to adjust to new dishes at the buffet. No one is pushing you away from the table but yourselves and even then you still have the most seats at the table... for now.

This idea is really simple. Give it a shot. If we are all equal and everyone wants equality...there should be nothing just for or about certain people. I can't say it any plainer than that. Equality means a burger is a burger. Not wrapped one way for some, and a different way for others. Example? What if burgers were wrapped in white for whites and black for blacks? That would be racist...right?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Your point would be a very good one, assuming that our Society would use commonsense, which in this day and age certainly is not the case. Stupidity has become the norm. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
This is America.

No one is forcing anyone to eat a burger anywhere.

Don't like it -

don't eat it, don't buy it - that simple.

Like it?, then buy it and eat it

Don't like the message, don't go there, don't do business with them, simple, easy-peasy

Like the message, eat there, do business there

Don't you wish everyone felt this way and left bakeries and florists alone too with this philosophy?

This is what it is to be American, don't like the philosophy of a business, don't do business there, simple, go elsewhere.

Like the philosophy of a business and want to see it thrive, do business there, simple.

The right shouldn't tell any business owner how to express their moral philosophy

The left shouldn't try and force any business owner not to express their moral philosophy

Plain, simple, and American as apple pie

I agree. Bitch less, vote with your money more.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If it was a burger in Red White and Blue we would praise them for being patriotic, if it was in a wrapper that had crosses on it or Scripture we would praise them for their faith and using their "Freedom" of Religion, if it was a wrapper with Guns on it we would praise them for their patriotic Freedom of the second amendment .

but if you put a Rainbow on it for Pride month (which is inclusive of Heterosexual as well) and say ‘We are all the same inside.’ meaning no matter what Color of the Rainbow we are we are all Human. it is bringing upon the end of the "Free" world, and we are asking for Special treatment, and we are Militant

and you say we are abnormal? Five G's please

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu
a reply to: KyoZero

You know, I agree with you in general. BK, Hobby Lobby, Chick-Fil-A, and everyone else has a right to run their lives/businesses as they see fit. No one else has a right to say "BOO" about it, either, until it impacts their own rights negatively. All of the rest of us have a right to do or not do business (except insurance corps - the gummint says we don't have a right not to do business with insurance corps) with anyone we choose, and people running businesses should also have that right.

We can always say "that just ain't right" and refuse to do business with ANY business (other than insurance corps), or refuse to associate with any given individual, and it immediately ends any impact they have on us personally. Do what you want at home, trade with whom you want in the street, makes no difference to me, and has no impact on what I do.

Live and let live. Call your domestic arrangements a "marriage", a "domestic partnership", a "civil union" or a "hockey team" for all I care - what you call yours has no impact on mine - the label you choose doesn't change the content, or matter at all to me.

I do have to wonder at your assertion here, though:

..and btw...dn't give me that bullcrap about LGBT marriage = pedophila crap. You are sick if you say that...period...

Now, suppose a fella comes along who enjoys the occasional molestation of a dead baby mouse, covering all of his bases in one fell swoop. He reads that and says "who are they to judge MY lifestyle?" What's your answer? How can one protest others judging THEIR lifestyle, then turn around and pronounce judgement of "just sick" on yet another?

Where, on the sliding scale of deviancy ("deviancy" in the sense of deviating form the norm, not necessarily a bad thing, as we ALL deviate in some respect, or else there would be no individuals, only multitudinous carbon copies of the same person) do we put up the sign "ROAD ENDS HERE", and how do we justify that particular point? Do we stop at our own particular deviancy, or are we inclusive of the deviations of everyone else, or inclusive of just SOME others, and why.

I'm not trying to be mean, I really want to know. You see, I'm an old guy trying to find his way in an alien world that he's never been in before, and was unwittingly thrown into it while he was looking the other way. For example, I find that i don't know how to talk to people any more - I don't know whether to address you as "sir", "madame" or "whatever", because Emily Post just never covered some of the situations that we find ourselves in nowadays.

So I need to know. I need to know where that road sign is to be posted, and why.

good lord this is the SECOND post I have responded to tonight where the poster (you) have been a true gentleman and seeking honest response

I pray that what I write offers you just as much respect as you have for me, despite my potential to be misguided in the eyes of some -wink-

So I am going to skip to paragraph three of your response. Basically you summed up and said, call it what you want and it won't effect me. I dare say that if BOTH side of the coin had this same feeling as you, equality wouldn't even be a question anymore. I loudly applaud your statements here

So onto the meat and potatoes of your post

I have lived a good 35 years of life and I won't pretend that I don't have plenty of living left to do. I suppose my judgment of anyone (and yes I admit to my fair share of it) is really fair in true terms. I was first and foremost attempting to draw a line between me being pansexual and someone being a pedophile. Believe it or not, if someone legitimately has an attraction to children, it doesn't really effect me. Its the action of harming another that affects me. And here is where I'd like to take a moment to delve into my take on the concept of harm.

You'll be hard pressed to find a person who wants to be murdered. If I take a gun to a mall and murder someone, I have harmed. However, if I sleep with a man or a transman/woman and there was equal desire and equal consent, I don't believe there was harm involved.

Now comes a sometimes grayer area that we have to sort out by having these types of conversations. If we look at a pedophile who acts, does he or she harm? So the question then has to be asked is was there consent? Well then that cascades into more questions such as can a child truly consent and does a child know the ramifications of sex or understand the deeper meaning of sex? As to your question. What if someone has sex with an animal? Can they consent and then in this case can we ever truly know if they've consented?

I am reminded of the idea that we all make value judgments on our own and in our own time and way. To me, I don't believe a child can truly consent to sexual activity. Ok yes, I understand a 17 year old will probably have a pretty good idea of what is happening but what of those young kids? To me, there is a lack of consent and thus, harm. Harm is what drops an act of the scale of deviation from the norm. It becomes a problem of harming another person (or animal if you aim for that case)

I'm going to address your last paragraph in my own personal feelings now which might get me banned and my pink card taken away. The labels, while I understand and use them myself, can sometimes become an impenetrable fog. As you said, I don't hide the fact that I am pansexual anymore so what do you call me?

My answer is I don't care. If you knew me personally, I'd say call me Dan or Kyo on here or whatever you'd prefer. As far as gender goes, it's touchy on both sides. On one hand, I do believe that a transman/woman has the right to be called what they are inside. On the other hand, I find it unfair sometimes when a person just meets them and mistakes the gender pronoun which results in a verbal assault.

I have a lovely woman friend who is a transwoman who made a divine statement to me once.

She was telling me that her family struggled for a long time calling her a "she" or "her" as was appropriate for me. But she told her family this once at dinner

'I understand your frustration. I've had a lifetime to get used to being a woman and it's unfair of me to expect you to understand in a matter of minutes"

I thank you so kindly for your response and shall return if you'd like to continue

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Well said

I guess some people have nothing going on in their lives and need to bash something. .I suggest going to a gay pride and acually talk to folk and understand we are all the same

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

So right you are, I am not a racist as my daughter in law is black but even she said if the United States had a "Miss White America" pageant or "White History Month" there would be rioting in the streets!
Gays better be careful ordering that burger, there just may be someone in the back that doesn't share their company's business plan and adds something 'special' to the burgers!
I know if I was gay I certainly wouldn't be ordering one of those!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Well said

I guess some people have nothing going on in their lives and need to bash something. .I suggest going to a gay pride and acually talk to folk and understand we are all the same

Well from the coverage I have seen on Gay Pride parades they majority seem like sick twisted individuals with collars, leases, butt-less chaps, etc.
I realize the majority of homosexuals are not like this therefore I'm sure they keep away from some of the Gay Parades!
The bottom line is WHY do some want to flaunt it? When do each of us that may have a fetish get recognition?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Well said

Well from the coverage I have seen on Gay Pride parades they majority seem like sick twisted individuals with collars, leases, butt-less chaps, etc.
I realize the majority of homosexuals are not like this therefore I'm sure they keep away from some of the Gay Parades!
The bottom line is WHY do some want to flaunt it? When do each of us that may have a fetish get recognition?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wulff

If you think that's sick and twisted you must not leave the house very often. You make it sound like those people leave the parade and spend their lives looking like that every day, in every situation. As my buddy Alex told me the night they tricked me into going to the Limelight on gay Thursday , its Halloween for fags. No offense intended to anyone here, its just how all my friends in NYC refer to themselves and you'd be surprised what amazing conversations you can have with a 6 ft tall drag queen wearing 5" heels!

The bottom line is WHY do some want to flaunt it?

The same reason belligerent heterosexuals flaunt themselves in public, they're comfortable with who they are and don't give a flying /:ck what anyone else thinks about it. Personally, I think if more people were that co,forth le n their own skin they would likely be a lot less judgemental and afraid of things try don't understand. We should all learn to wave our inner freak flag once in a while.

When do each of us that may have a fetish get recognition?

Being gay isn't a fetish, its not even a lifestyle, its a sexual orientation. It's a part of who someone is ot their defining factor.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
As a militant member of the LGBT community, I will admit that this is a part of our agenda to turn everyone gay, we are currently in discussion with Burger King about changing the name to Burger Queen, and we wont stop there either!.

We are going to force Ronald McDonald to undergo gender reassignment surgery, making her Ronda McDonald.

I cant believe I read this whole thread. And commented.

There IS no Burger King where I live, Its called Hungry Jacks here. WTF did I read this for

EDIT TO ADD: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-7-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18108777]Benevolent Heretic
What ever happened to a business owners right to refuse service to anyone anytime?

That "Right" exists solely because of bigoted, sexist, racist business owners. It was always used as code for "We ain't servin' yer kind here!"

The Civil Rights Movement is largely responsible for exposing the small minded and mean spirited people behind the signs. There is a reason you don't see them very often anymore.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
As a militant member of the LGBT community, I will admit that this is a part of our agenda to turn everyone gay, we are currently in discussion with Burger King about changing the name to Burger Queen, and we wont stop there either!.

We are going to force Ronald McDonald to undergo gender reassignment surgery, making her Ronda McDonald.:

HA! I knew it! Saved! Screenshotted! Forwarded to the Koch Brothers. You just wait til Fox News gets a hold of this. We've got you now.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

I think Burger-King will find out that there blatant ass kissing(no pun intended) on this controversial topic will backfire on them.Just as Chic-fillet discovered when they broke the 1 day sales record after the public came in droves to counter the gay boycott, burger king will find out that most of the public will not support this,they just want the whole gay agenda thing to go away. The people have said to the queer community live your lives as you see fit,it`s within your rights to do so,just quit trying to force it down our throats(no pun intended)because it`s our right to deem certain behaviors to be abhorrent and immoral and to a lot of us this won`t change.It goes against all laws of nature,you cannot reproduce when both people have the same plumbing.Everyone starts out as an x chromosome and in the process of the egg evolving a sex is determined.You either stay female xx or you go male xy.It seems obvious to me that this change isn`t 100% complete in the 2-3 % of the population that are homosexuals.I understand that you`re born this way and these feelings are who you are but you need to understand that to the other 96% of the people the whole concept of man on man sex is repulsive and goes against our hard wiring.I can`t apologize for the truth.So live your life,do whatever,just quit wasting your energy on convincing normal heterosexual people that 2 guys making out in public is normal, it will never be.
Shame on you burger king for your shameless pandering.What`s next on your menu? the pedo pecan pie?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra
Dont worry, we have sent out a team of highly trained drag queens to deal with your meddling!!! You will be suicided, hanging from a feather boa.

The Koch brothers--once we're finished with them they will be the Kock Brothers.

LGBTQI will take over--because we are a united unit of people with the exact same mindset and have no diversity within our communist ranks!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

We are going to force Ronald McDonald to undergo gender reassignment surgery, making her Ronda McDonald.

too late lol

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join