It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Whopper - Burger King serves GAY Food - This is the beginning of the END

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I don't find any articles that say that. Even if that's true, the promotion was for ONE week at ONE store. It was over four days ago.

In Burger Slops own promotional video on their youtube channel, it shows there employees asking people if they would like to try the new Proud Whopper.

Some people had regular whopper wrappers, others had the rainbow. My point is that they are not just selling the Proud Whopper, but the burgers are the same, yes.

I know it is over. I would also say that by it being in SF, it would be less likely that someone would target their food because that city is more tolerant, but you never know.

Personally, I don't care what Burger Slop does. ~$heopleNation

(post by Propulsion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Some people had regular whopper wrappers, others had the rainbow.

I've watched the video 3 times now and have not been able to spot a regular Whopper wrapper. The Proud Whopper has a plain paper around it, too. ts4.mm.bing.net...

I've seen many years of Christmas, Valentines and other special occasion promotions by Burger King and never one thread on ATS complaining about it...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hadrian
Next thing you know, they're going to try and let Gay Whoppers marry each other. Mark my words. It's game over when they let them adopt.

They'll adopt the Whopper Jr. Unless they want an inter-franchise adoption and they go over and adopt a McDonalds burger. That would really raise a fuss, eh? Heck .. inter-species-inter franchise adoption ... maybe they'll go adopt a Frosty.
That would really get the franchise purists up in a tizzy. Next thing you know .. 'franchise purists' would be marching on Burger King with their little paper crowns on all the while burning giant rainbows on the front lawns of the eateries.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
They'll adopt the Whopper Jr.

Classic! They may cross-adopt Mickey D's Happy Meal.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oh my god! one BK in san francisco is selling gay wrapper burgers for a day? OH MY GOD! AMERICA IS DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

It's not like we have chic-fil-a, barilla, and a handful of other food companies saying they don't support gays....that never happens right?

One BK doing one promotion, is all it took to bring down america?
edit on 07pm03pm312014-07-07T15:35:01-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The only thing dumber than a gay hamburger are people thinking theres a conspiracy at play when there is no 'Jesus burger."

It seems everyone wants appeasement, even those scoffing at percieved "gay appeasement."

It like a Colbert skit, "who's not honoring me now."

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
the old slogan I remember

I am SO outraged, I can't think (about this inconsequential whopper development)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The only thing dumber than a gay hamburger are people thinking theres a conspiracy at play when there is no 'Jesus burger."

It seems everyone wants appeasement, even those scoffing at percieved "gay appeasement."

It like a Colbert skit, "who's not honoring me now."

Seriously! I'd be embarrassed to order this stupid burger, even as a gay rights supporter it's cheesy, but the outrage is just childish.

Plus BK is one of the worst burgers on earth, demanding a low quality burger for Jesus, is more offensive.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I've watched the video 3 times now and have not been able to spot a regular Whopper wrapper. The Proud Whopper has a plain paper around it, too.

I went back and watched it and yes, The Proud Whopper does also have a white wrapper, so that is probably what I noticed.

Still though, I don't believe that was the only Whopper they were selling during that time.

Course, we will never know unless someone who was there makes it clear. Not that it matters anymore at this point.

I've seen many years of Christmas, Valentines and other special occasion promotions by Burger King and never one thread on ATS complaining about it...

Well there were a few negative comments, but most people here didn't really make a big deal about it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Jesus Burger

Kuma's Corner, a heavy metal-themed burger joint on Chicago's North Side, this month is featuring a 10-ounce burger topped with a red wine reduction and an unconsecrated communion wafer, a menu item that, depending on whom you talk to, is either tasty or in poor taste.
In addition to the ingredients that ostensibly represent the body and blood of Jesus, the burger served on a pretzel bun includes a portion of slowly braised goat shoulder, aged white cheddar cheese and Ghost chile aioli.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
even as a gay rights supporter it's cheesy,

Mmmm... Cheesy gay Whopper. How could you resist?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

lol those waffers are kinda tasty, used to be my favorite part of church.
going up and getting my snack

man that does sound like a good burger tho.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Do we really need Whoppers wrapped in rainbow wrapping in 1 Burger King for a limited amount of time? Probably not, but what does it hurt? I think you fell for the sensationalism that was intentionally used to trick people into getting mad about this.

Critical thinking is necessary.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
Oh my god! one BK in san francisco is selling gay wrapper burgers for a day? OH MY GOD! AMERICA IS DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

It's not like we have chic-fil-a, barilla, and a handful of other food companies saying they don't support gays....that never happens right?

One BK doing one promotion, is all it took to bring down america?

Critical thinking has awarded you 2 stars. Congratulations. If only we could teach others to do the same.

(This part of my reply doesn't pertain to the person I quoted, just to make that clear)

The only thing getting shoved down anyone's throat is a poor example of food. Oh, and by the way it is being shoved down their throat by themselves, not any gay agenda. The over reaction by people on some of these homosexual issues is embarrassing and disgusting.
edit on 7/7/2014 by sputniksteve because: Making things clear

edit on 7/7/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

It seems the most pressing issue of the day, on any given day, is what complete strangers are doing with their genitalia while in private.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Of course it's not "Needed" but they wanted to show their Support for Pride Month, Pride in ourselves which is inclusive of Straight and Gay. that no matter the Wrapper it's the same inside, no matter our Color we are still Human.

It's people that twist everything into the "Gay Agenda"

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't forget about holding hands and kissing in public, that is equally pressing. For that is the "gay agenda" being shoved down our throats and flaunted in our faces. How dare they act like normal people, in public no less! Astounding.

Honestly I would be much healthier if I just avoided these threads. I don't know why I allow myself to be so bothered by others opinions and for a lack of a better term ignorance. I am not gay and don't have any gay friends or family members that I know of but this just bothers me to no end.

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Of course it's not "Needed" but they wanted to show their Support for Pride Month, Pride in ourselves which is inclusive of Straight and Gay. that no matter the Wrapper it's the same inside, no matter our Color we are still Human.

It's people that twist everything into the "Gay Agenda"

You are preaching to the choir, no need to convince me. I have zero problems with this.
edit on 7/7/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: KyoZero

originally posted by: nenothtu

so well know the burning question I need to ask you...

whatcha doin tomorrow night?

lol

Well, my wife makes my evening plans for me, so you'd have to ask her, since I have no idea. Be warned, however, that I think she'd fight you for me, and she's an old hand at razor fights in closets...

You got that right...

ON topic:

I'm sure since the whopper is "proud" that means that whopper will be having little whopper juniors in no time flat - or... adopting as the case may be... lol
edit on 8-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It seems the most pressing issue of the day, on any given day, is what complete strangers are doing with their genitalia while in private.

Ain't that the truth. Some nights I can hardly get to sleep for wondering what the next door neighbors are role playing as. I wonder about my safety when the bondage gear breaks out. I can hardly concentrate on the country's downward slip into hell because the thought of "Adam & Steve" in the throws of pleasure 9,276 miles from me is all consuming.

There are days my kids don't even get fed because I have to wonder if Tracey & Lacey are carrying their relationship to the "next level". Please someone.... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

In short - I really don't get it either.
edit on 7/8/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join