It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Whopper - Burger King serves GAY Food - This is the beginning of the END

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is not deflection, nor is it totally off-topic.

Please take a look a my random selection of "snap out of it" images..............and tell me that a Burger dedicated to a group of people is really worth the effort of all of this unnecessary bickering.

Since we can all agree that we all have an opinion on this subject and that we will all not agree with each others assessment of the situation, should we not be concentrating on the bigger picture here and stop falling for the divide/conquer.

Sitting here on the other side of the planet, and 7 pages into this thread, the only thing that has impacted me is my appetite and now I really want a burger.

_________________________________________________________________________________

On a lighter note, here is the ATS Whopper..........

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You can catch the gay by eating a Whopper?

(I just saw what I wrote and will now spend the next 15 minutes giggling uncontrollably)

Catch the gay and tricked into joining a science worshiping cult. That is what happens when a country boy visits San Fransisco.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I love your posts, especially this one.

All I did in this thread for the most part, was make a silly joke or two to reflect my opinion on this burger. You did a much better job though, reminding us that there are more serious, more important issues to discuss. Thank you!

And thank god there is finally a tin-foil burger for us mad hatters.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
This is America.

No one is forcing anyone to eat a burger anywhere.

Don't like it -

don't eat it, don't buy it - that simple.

Like it?, then buy it and eat it

Don't like the message, don't go there, don't do business with them, simple, easy-peasy

Like the message, eat there, do business there

Don't you wish everyone felt this way and left bakeries and florists alone too with this philosophy?

This is what it is to be American, don't like the philosophy of a business, don't do business there, simple, go elsewhere.

Like the philosophy of a business and want to see it thrive, do business there, simple.

The right shouldn't tell any business owner how to express their moral philosophy

The left shouldn't try and force any business owner not to express their moral philosophy

Plain, simple, and American as apple pie

Ok grandma you get my vote for clear and concise no nonsense common logic. Can I throw Obama out now and put you in place?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Don't they have that freedom to show their pride and support for the Equality of Humans? or is it only "Freedom" when it's the way you want it..

call me a Militant, claim ignorant statements and get your life

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

After eating a gayburger, I went out and bought a pair of Capri pants.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Q33323

Nice ankles you got there.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Word of warning guys.

I ate one of these "gayburgers" today. There's something going on -- something more than the rainbow wrapper.

I can't stop thinking about PENIS. I fear the worst.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I won't purchase a 'gay Whopper' simply because I don't want to give my implied support to their special interest group. That is my right as an American. However, ALL Americans, gay or straight, should have equal rights. My enemy is the overbearing US Government not the LGBT community.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Hot dogs have been transsexual for a longtime. Female animal meat turned into a male hotdog.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Q33323

After eating a gayburger, I went out and bought a pair of Capri pants.

You really should have went with the pedal pushers. They're making a comeback I hear.

edit on 7/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I won't purchase a 'gay Whopper' simply because I don't want to give my implied support to their special interest group. That is my right as an American. However, ALL Americans, gay or straight, should have equal rights. My enemy is the overbearing US Government not the LGBT community.

I knew it Obama planned this didn't he?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Beginning of the end..get a grip.
I wish I was born in a couple pf generations cos being gay will not be a problem and most of the bigots would have died off.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Going right in line with the OP's opening line, right of the bat threw barry into this issue

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

The homosexual issue is a contentious area of debate. Most of that debate revolves around the act of marriage. What a great majority of people fail to realize and/or simply do not care is how the religious folk interpret marriage.

I will give a crude analogy. For the religious folk the term "gay marriage" is as offending to them as the "N-word" is offending to blacks. Only the religious may use the term marriage in a non-offensive way. I actually agree with them but not for religious reasons. I simply have the pragmatic approach that the gay community should adopt a word or phrase other than marriage to achieve the social and financial benefits they want oh so badly.

Now to answer specifically this OP. I have never heard of a gay hamburger. I don't understand it either. What? Was the slaughtered cow queer and thus its meat is queer? It makes no sense whatsoever. This is simply the most pathetic political statement I have witnessed in my life. The "queer whopper". It has a decidedly gay ring to it does it not? LOL. ROFL. This company is exploiting a social issue to improve sales and millions WILL fall for it hook, line & sinker.

I don't know what is more pathetic. BK for pursuing this advertising campaign or the silly fools who fall for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Amazing what companies to to kiss the butts (no pun intended) to make a buck off of people thinking of them as Political Correct!
Well, liberals love passing new laws so how about a 'Gay Tax' of 10% added to each 'Gay Whopper''?
Why can't I go in and order a "Hetro-Whopper" decorated with female/male symbols?
If people don't believe the world is going to hell in a hand basket just isn't paying attention!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
"Militant Homosexuals"

Funniest thing I've heard all year.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
Homosexual Hamburgers: When the World Goes Mad

(read the whole article.. this is all about morality in America and the decline of Western civilization)

What say you ATS?

I don't see anything about the decline of western ciovilization or the morality thereof in this particualr situation, not that it isn't or hsan't taken place elsewhere though, but, seriously.... a corporation decides to wrap their burgers in rainbow paper to show support for a percentage of their customer/user base and yet we have folks decrying their Choice to aggrandize an agenda..... and it'snot the corporation's.

i think their whoppers suck, so it doesn't impact nor effect me on iota.... either way..... it's their choice to do so..... and anyone ele's choice to buy their product or not.

other than that.

wth's the big deal????

I think part of the point is people are equal...not special. Everyone should be treated equally, but not given special "rights". So with that position...if people can have a gay parade, others can have an anti-gay parade. If a cross can be hung in one place, another religious symbol can be hung in another. I am not allowed to have a business that only hires white people, but there are businesses and/or groups that only hire black people. Well...everyone knows the list.

If you want everyone to be treated fairly and equally...you can't start treating people as special with special allowances. That is what we used to do...and we are now doing the opposite (in some cases) and calling it equality. It isn't.

So...Burger King always used to sell burgers for everyone equally. Now...they are selling a special burger implying that gay is special, non-equal or worse yet...different. Definitely not equality. Actually...the opposite.
edit on 7/5/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
So...Burger King always used to sell burgers for everyone equally. Now...they are selling a special burger implying that gay is special, non-equal or worse yet...different. Definitely not equality. Actually...the opposite.

It comes in a different wrapper, but is the exact same whopper.

The hell do you get to your conclusion from that. The analogy is that we are all the same at heart regardless of our exteriors.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If I had a burger shop there I'd piggy back myself onto all of the publicity they've got by creating the:

"Straight Up Burger - Just as God intended"

That would definitely get a reaction - and sell a lot of burgers too I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join