It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Whopper - Burger King serves GAY Food - This is the beginning of the END

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zkxnyi278

Sorry man press the enter button please I started reading but after a while I gave up.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
and benghazi!
edit on Jul 06 2014 by Hadrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I drove to San Francisco and got a big gay Whopper. Shortly thereafter I broke up with my girlfriend and got myself a large, hairy man. Damn...those things actually work.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
C'mon people - just read 12 pages of nothing and unfortunately missed the highlight of Nyiah's now deleted post.

I mean lets get sensible here - who really cares......as long as its Halal where's the problem?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Us Queen's are fierce!

those who do not support us will be bound and gagged, you know us "Fetish Gays"

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Bloody pathetic and I hope the burgers have poison in them.

Ridiculous catering for ridiculous people..

What next?

Who the hell stared this??
You are wishing that people get poisoned cause their views differ then yours?
If anyone is being ridiculous it is you sir.
Whats next is people treat every one like a human being, sorry if that makes you sick. Move to NK if you don't like it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Hey now... You don't have to be gay to have a closet full of restraints and gags! Does that make my toys gay if I keep them in the closet? Now I feel bad.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Oh right, you are one of those morons who can't separate pedophilia, bestiality, or sex with dead people from gay people.

Or you do it deliberately as a part of your smear campaign. Either way, you come off as a moron.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I am gonna snip the post and just respond :-)

I am finding myself learning much from our back and forth. I quite enjoyed your responses towards the end talking about defining an entire life by just one factor such as gay, trans what have you. I then find myself thinking why some LGBT members (or rather any out group) makes such a distinction so clear.

I've been guilty in the past of such behavior and I do look at it with a bit of embarrassment. But I admit I had it very easy. I came out and all but one person embraced me. In fact most people said "duh." But that's beside the point

I suppose when there is something about you that is considered 'abnormal" by others in a society you tend to place a lot of focus on it. Now this isn't to say some don't go too far but I suppose I would counter some arguments with 'the LGBT community has taken a lot of crap." And of course I mean to say everything from being snubbed and insulted, to bullying to violence, torture and murder. So I guess that would be a large part of my answer. When you have something that many so vehemently push back against it's hard not to focus so much power into it, if for no other reason that survival. So in turn when you CAN be open, it's hard not to turn off the faucet. It's an exercise in seeking acceptance.

I've never been too crazy over the idea of the 'militant gay.' Now I would especially love to hear your view on this part

I don't like to be reductionist, but allow me to be for a moment for the purposes of this discussion

Imagine that acceptance or equality is a graph. The horizontal is time and the vertical is acceptance. As we can see, over time, especially in the past, the acceptance of being gay is quite low. As I stated, bullying, violence and the like. So if you were two plot two lines, one being the acceptance of heterosexuality and one being the acceptance of homosexuality you'd see quite the difference. The hetero line quite high and the LGBT line much lower. Now again, this is a silly formulaic way of putting this, but here is my argument

To someone who has such a small amount of acceptance in comparison to the 'in' group, it feels sometimes like we have to overshoot our goal of equality just to become equal. In essence, in order to equal the in group, because we've been so low in the shadows, we have to aim higher, hence what some consider 'over-the-top' behavior. Aim high in the hopes that we can become equal

Though all of my silly banter would be absolutely worthless if equality was the reality right now. Personally, I'd love to see a day where this discussion meant nothing. Respect given all around.

Now if some magical day comes when the LGBT community (or again, any out group) is on level field, then I would hope and pray that the once out group would not make an attempt to become 'more powerful' so to speak. I am a man who desires equality in pretty much every factor. Gay, straight, male, female, and the like. Despite being LGBT myself, I would be personally upset if my own community reached acceptance and tried to raise themselves above anyone else

I am sorry that you've had some of the experiences you have. That's not comforting regardless of who it comes from.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

I quite enjoyed your responses towards the end talking about defining an entire life by just one factor such as gay, trans what have you.

It makes one unidimensional, flat, and uninteresting. Insisting on holding my interest under those circumstances annoys me no end. Other groups do it as well, and annoy me just as much - your average Christian fundamentalist is an example. They often bore me nearly to tears, and sometimes anger me beyond rationality, and so I tend to avoid them. It's not just "militant gays" (see U2U for more explanation).

I suppose when there is something about you that is considered 'abnormal" by others in a society you tend to place a lot of focus on it. Now this isn't to say some don't go too far but I suppose I would counter some arguments with 'the LGBT community has taken a lot of crap." And of course I mean to say everything from being snubbed and insulted, to bullying to violence, torture and murder. So I guess that would be a large part of my answer. When you have something that many so vehemently push back against it's hard not to focus so much power into it, if for no other reason that survival. So in turn when you CAN be open, it's hard not to turn off the faucet. It's an exercise in seeking acceptance.

That's one way of handling it, and an all too frequent human response, but the end results leave something to be desired. Acceptance is the key, I think, more so than understanding (also covered in U2U), but going "over the top" usually leads to just the opposite response, for the reasons I cited above.

I've never been too crazy over the idea of the 'militant gay.' Now I would especially love to hear your view on this part

See U2U for my take on "militant gays".

To someone who has such a small amount of acceptance in comparison to the 'in' group, it feels sometimes like we have to overshoot our goal of equality just to become equal. In essence, in order to equal the in group, because we've been so low in the shadows, we have to aim higher, hence what some consider 'over-the-top' behavior. Aim high in the hopes that we can become equal

I think that if acceptance and equality are the goals, going "over the top" strangles them in the cradle. It provokes fear and mistrust, and seems to lead to generally untoward reactions. "Reactions" is the key phrase here. The opposition is simply being reactive, rather than proactive, reacting to a fear. Unfortunately, I think the same can be said of any "over the top" reaction, on either side of the debate - it's reactive, rather than proactive, and calculated to draw attention, but usually instead instills fear at some level.

The problem with reaction is that in being so, we are allowing the opposition to "lead us around by the nose", since we are reacting to them. It is, to my mind, allowing the opposition the upper hand, allowing them control, because they can lead us around by the nose simply by provoking a reactive stance.

Now if some magical day comes when the LGBT community (or again, any out group) is on level field, then I would hope and pray that the once out group would not make an attempt to become 'more powerful' so to speak. I am a man who desires equality in pretty much every factor. Gay, straight, male, female, and the like. Despite being LGBT myself, I would be personally upset if my own community reached acceptance and tried to raise themselves above anyone else

I don't think they will. People tend to calm down once their objective is reached. Once that happens, there is no more need for the fighting, or the reaction-reaction sword play. Until then, provoking reaction just provokes further reaction. It tends to feed on itself until it gets worn out. The problem right now is that both the "militant gays" and the "militant straights" can't see that - they're too wrapped up in the reaction-reaction cycle. Can't see the forest because all those trees are in the way. At least that's my take on it.

I am sorry that you've had some of the experiences you have. That's not comforting regardless of who it comes from.

No need to be - it's not your fault, wasn't you, nor do I assign you any blame for it. Stuff happens, gets dealt with, and it's done. Right now, i just need to figure out how to deal with the reaction-provokers. Pointing and laughing just makes it worse, and is itself just a reaction, and a nervous one at that. Avoidance usually just makes it worse too, since attention is being sought, and when denied tends to provoke a stronger reaction.

I'm starting to think the only way through is to just ride it out until the storm is over.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I may joke about being militant LBGT, but I am an activist and really you have to be. Not just to fight for your own rights, but for those that are in no position (like the member here that is in a unhappy marriage) to fight for their own.

I joke about us being united when the reality is the LBGT community is so fragmented, with so many divisions that sometimes prevent us from working together for our common benefit.

I'm lad we have vocal members here prepared to face the vitriol of those trying to persecute us. It may be a joke that we are militant, but the truth is we are here prepared to fight the hate.

Thankyou LBGTQI-ATS

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Do you mean you don't really intend for me to catch the gay? If so, that's a relief. I'll consider not being scared of you tomorrow.

I gotta admit, though, that Rhonda McDonald was kinda hot in those striped stockings after you zapped Ronald with the Gay Ray...

OMG - did I already catched it?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

so well know the burning question I need to ask you...

whatcha doin tomorrow night?

lol

I will go forth and seek the U2U

meanwhile I am going to pull RifRAAF into this if that is ok

I do see Rif's point about activism but I also see how it can come off to those outside of the community. It's such a delicate process sadly but I get what Rif and the activists (including myself) will press on fighting. I choose to fight in my way and it is of course not the way of everyone but I suppose I will keep going until acceptance arrives. I mean this with every ounce of respect to the non LGBT community as a whole.

How does the LGBT community achieve acceptance? If we're too quiet we don't get noticed. If we're too loud we railroad ourselves. But the problem is even when we are in balance I feel we get rejected by many

Somebody somewhere mentioned to me once that as bigots pass the problem eases...I feel so dirty even thinking that but is that true? Do generations lose their hold on hatred? Is progression a natural step?

anyway I will get to your U2U

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I don't get taken serious as much for being a Younger (23) Activist who is also a Drag Queen.

i would fight for anyone's Equality, it's sad that others wont

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

originally posted by: nenothtu

so well know the burning question I need to ask you...

whatcha doin tomorrow night?

lol

Well, my wife makes my evening plans for me, so you'd have to ask her, since I have no idea. Be warned, however, that I think she'd fight you for me, and she's an old hand at razor fights in closets...

meanwhile I am going to pull RifRAAF into this if that is ok

The more the merrier. Someone needs to pick up some chips, though!

I do see Rif's point about activism but I also see how it can come off to those outside of the community. It's such a delicate process sadly but I get what Rif and the activists (including myself) will press on fighting. I choose to fight in my way and it is of course not the way of everyone but I suppose I will keep going until acceptance arrives. I mean this with every ounce of respect to the non LGBT community as a whole.

How does the LGBT community achieve acceptance? If we're too quiet we don't get noticed. If we're too loud we railroad ourselves. But the problem is even when we are in balance I feel we get rejected by many

Problem #1 is that rejection will come. There are just some folks in this world that refuse to be made happy, and they'll gripe regardless. There are times when one has to just accept the rejection for what it is, and move onward.

Problem #2 is to differentiate between acceptance and notice. Personally, I think I'd work for acceptance before notice, but you're right about the rejection. It becomes a matter of intensity. Mitigate the intensity of the rejection so that fewer people are up in arms - just the die-hards who are going to whine regardless would be the ideal - and the notice will come naturally after the acceptance.

Problem #3, in my estimation - and admittedly I can't put myself in your shoes - is in the presentation. The clamor for notice, and notice of an individuals sexuality, leads to the perception of a single-dimensional character... in other words, LGBTs become know for their sexual orientation, rather than the multitude of other facets to their being. Presentation of the other facets first might be an avenue of approach to explore.

As i said, however, I can't put myself in your shoes, so I may just be pissing in the wind here, and may be missing something.

Somebody somewhere mentioned to me once that as bigots pass the problem eases...I feel so dirty even thinking that but is that true? Do generations lose their hold on hatred? Is progression a natural step?

I would say that it lessens in intensity as fewer adhere to it, but I don't think it ever disappears entirely. Only time can make that de-escalation to just the die-hards happen, but I think it could be hastened with a modified approach.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Atleast give yourself a fighting chance, instead of putting up red flags. Anyone who orders that burger will eventually be targeted without a doubt.

There is no special burger. ALL Whoppers are wrapped in the rainbow of inclusion. You don't go to the window and order a Gay Whopper, for Christ's sake.

I'm not even going to try to explain what I said. It's right there. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's BS.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
You don't go to the window and order a Gay Whopper, for Christ's sake.

OMG ... I can't help it ... I just pictured that in my head and busted out laughing.
That was just too funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18116412]Benevolent Heretic
There is no special burger.

Yes there is.

ALL Whoppers are wrapped in the rainbow of inclusion.

No they are not. They still sell the regular Whopper as well. Let's stick to the facts here.

You don't go to the window and order a Gay Whopper, for Christ's sake.

No you don't, you go to the window and you order a proud Whopper. What the hell does that exactly mean then?

I'm not even going to try to explain what I said. It's right there. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's BS.

Of course you're not going to try to explain the unexplainable. Bullying never had anything whatsoever to do with the discussion.

That is if we are here to deny ignorance anyway. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
No they are not. They still sell the regular Whopper as well. Let's stick to the facts here.

I don't find any articles that say that. Even if that's true, the promotion was for ONE week at ONE store. It was over four days ago.

The Proud Whopper, as it's called, comes wrapped in a rainbow colored wrapper with this inscription: "We are all the same inside." It will be sold through Thursday at one Burger King restaurant on San Francisco's Market Street, that was at the heart of the route for last weekend's 44th annual San Francisco Pride Celebration & Parade.

Source

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Next thing you know, they're going to try and let Gay Whoppers marry each other. Mark my words. It's game over when they let them adopt.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join