It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: thesaneone

So you condone the act of fire-bombing Planned Parenthood clinics by comparing that that to a few Tweets?

Interesting.

Please leave your "I *heart* Jesus" t-shirt at the door, because He was known as the Prince of Peace.

What are you going on about?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

When you or I get fired for eating bacon for lunch, or wanting Christmas off, or maybe talking to a woman co-worker - then we'll see the real racism fly. Decoupling feelings about Obama, ACA or anything else - once the emotion dies down, folks on the right are going to realize they are not happy that say Texaco won't allow women to work its gas stations (just an example).

I think it's solid to remind ourselves about freedom, and that we provide to women in the US - who yet again are being dictated to by insecure men.

edit on 30-6-2014 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Fair enough. But that's YOU. That's not a possibility for most people.

Most people use a car. Not all, but most. Most states require liability insurance to drive a car.

I'm not debating, per se, whether that's right or wrong, merely stating fact in answer to the question: "What will I be forced to pay for next?"

Not all States require an ID to vote, but many do. In every State that I am aware of, the minimum cost of an ID is $10-$25. Peanuts to most of us, but not all of us. Add to that the requirement of getting a certified copy of one's birth certificate, having at least two utility accounts in one's name at a residence, etc., and the REAL cost of requiring an ID to vote skyrockets. (Requirements in Georgia)

Again, not debating whether that's right or wrong here, merely stating fact. It now costs to vote in many States.

Two examples answering the question "What will I be forced to pay for next?"

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: paleorchid13

It's like saying my religious beliefs are against colonosocopies , but I'll cover your colostomy bag. ???

What a coincidence! Mine is against that procedure, too! That orifice is "exit only"!

Don't worry, though - you won't have to cover any expenses. There will be no colostomy bag involved.

edit on 2014/6/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You're going to have to keep up here, LOL.

You brushed off the example of the ACTUAL fire-bombing of Planned Parenthood clinics as if that were equivalent to six people on Twitter blowing off steam.

You minimize actual violence against real people; I don't think "Jesus" would approve, do you?

Clear enough?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Reminder!!!

This is the topic:

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

Please keep to the topic....or face post removals.....You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Here's a better way to phrase your question: why should the public be forced to pay for your inevitable healthcare when you're taken to an emergency room? The answer: pay for your own.

Simple, really.

Exactly! And I will see to my own health care as I see fit, not as governmentally-mandated!

Simple, really.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason88

When you or I get fired for eating bacon for lunch, or wanting Christmas off, or maybe talking to a woman co-worker - then we'll see the real racism fly. Decoupling feelings about Obama, ACA or anything else - once the emotion dies down, folks on the right are going to realize they are not happy that say Texaco won't allow women to work its gas stations (just an example).

I think it's solid to remind ourselves about freedom, and that we provide to women in the US - who yet again are being dictated to by insecure men.

Go to extremes much, or is today just special?

My question is, why would you WANT to work in such a hostile environment? Wouldn't that be overly stressful? I have a thing I do whenever the work environment gets too hostile - I quit and find another work environment.

It works really well, and I'm stress-free today!

Now, back in the day, if my work environment wasn't hostile, that just meant I wasn't doing my job properly. Nowadays, I'm more laid back, though, and stress-free!

P.S. - "Freedom" means going your own way, not making someone else pave the damned road for you!

edit on 2014/6/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Today is definitely special - we just gave corporate America religious rights when their charter is to make money.

No, I wouldn't want to work in an environment like that - at all. But since I work in corporate America and have to provide for a large family, I'm not thrilled that owners of companies I may *have* to work for now have grounds to fire me because I don't adhere to their version of religion. That, and I have daughters and wife - I really detest the door this decision (precedent) just opened to make their lives more difficult in the US. And I'm a fracking Christian - an okay one too (I think).

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Apparently this is blowing up in Hobby Lobbys face. The overwhelming number of post on facebook and twitter is raking them over the coals. Very few supporting posts. Rightly so imo, a total slap in the face to American women. The Libs are doing a happy dance. More ammunition for their "War on Women" meme.
edit on 30-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

this is kinda cool, but kinda bulls**t at the same time....

on the one hand, respect is being shown to religious beliefs, as the law prescribes.....but on the other hand, you shouldn't hafta have religious beliefs to get out of paying for something you don't need...

contraception should be something that's paid for by the individual, on an as-needed basis...the taxpayer shouldn't hafta pay more, so people can have free condoms, pills, and whatever else..

there's a lot wrong with the ACA....i can't wait until it's done away with, and replaced with alternatives that actually work...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Screw the liberals and their happy dance - guys, everyone in the US, the worst law just got passed. Please take ObamaCare and your problems with it out of the equation, we have an American problem right now. I don't care about assigning blame along party lines - just think of profitable situations that benefit from religious intolerance (I can name 4 right now) - we're about to allow that on American soil, and women get burned in every sample I've run through - badly.

This isn't political point scoring - whatsoever - employment, jobs in the US, just changed to make it more difficult for all of us to work here and make a living wage.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Yes, you certainly have the right to eat sticks of butter, ice-cream and eat your cake too....but when your arteries choke off your blood supply ...meh...wasn't it all your choice? Why should you rack up HUGE, expensive medical bills in cardiac surgery ..rehab... when you brought in on yourself ?

Providing a medical screening, some advice...maybe a cholesterol reducing med ..may have prevented that huge medical bill ...but it was against my religion to provide you with preventative measures. Sorry ( I insert middle finger now)

"The cure for poverty has a name, in fact: it's called the empowerment of women. If you give women some control over the rate at which they reproduce, if you give them some say, take them off the animal cycle of reproduction to which nature and some doctrine—religious doctrine condemns them, and then if you'll throw in a handful of seeds perhaps and some credit, the floor of everything in that village, not just poverty, but education, health, and optimism will increase. It doesn't matter; try it in Bangladesh, try it in Bolivia, it works—works all the time. Name me one religion that stands for that, or ever has. Wherever you look in the world and you try to remove the shackles of ignorance and disease stupidity from women, it is invariably the clericy that stands in the way, or in the case of—now, furthermore, if you are going to grant this to Catholic charities, say, which I would hope are doing a lot of work in Africa, if I was a member of a church that had preached that AIDS was not as bad as condoms, I'd be putting some conscience money into Africa too, I must say." --Christopher Hitchens

edit on 30-6-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Fair enough. But that's YOU. That's not a possibility for most people.

Most people use a car. Not all, but most. Most states require liability insurance to drive a car.

Ah, but using a car is not a need, it's a want. A convenience. Therefore, refusal to do so IS a possibility, for everyone. The same cannot be said of breathing, and the "individual mandate" is that if you are still alive, you are mandated to buy a corporate (private) product by a governmental (public) entity. That, sir, is the textbook definition of fascism, is it not?

I'm not debating, per se, whether that's right or wrong, merely stating fact in answer to the question: "What will I be forced to pay for next?"

You should cast a wider net - no one is forced to buy those things, they are only required IF an individual wants to engage in those activities. There is no provisio in the ACA stating that I don't have to buy insurance if I don't use medical facilities. I could live with it if that was in there, since I don't nor ever again will, use medical facilities that I don't provide for myself.

Not all States require an ID to vote, but many do. In every State that I am aware of, the minimum cost of an ID is $10-$25. Peanuts to most of us, but not all of us. Add to that the requirement of getting a certified copy of one's birth certificate, having at least two utility accounts in one's name at a residence, etc., and the REAL cost of requiring an ID to vote skyrockets. (Requirements in Georgia)

Well in Georgia I'm still screwed then - although I've gotten an ID in recent years so that I exist and am real again, I still have no utility accounts, not even one, much less two, nor do I have an official residence. Personally, I think people OUGHT to exist for real - i.e. have an ID - to vote anywhere, but that's just me. I didn't vote when I wasn't real, although I probably could have. Lots of people who aren't real, and many who are no longer alive, vote every year. Maybe that has something to do with the ID requirements... In the last state I lived, all I needed was my voter ID card, and that was free. I don't know what the next one requires - voting in the current cess-pool of non-choices hasn't made finding out very high on my priorities list yet.

Again, not debating whether that's right or wrong here, merely stating fact. It now costs to vote in many States.

Two examples answering the question "What will I be forced to pay for next?"

But again, those examples are not "being forced to pay" for anything - they are the costs involved in making choices in favor of those things. The ACA doesn't allow for choices - it mandates a purchase if you are living. The only choice then becomes a choice to die. Not on a par with your examples.

We have a very excellent thunderstorm going on right now, and I think I'll go sit outside a while where I can see it good and watch it, but I'll be back after a while.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

edit on 103030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It's not birth control. Birth control is 'controlling oneself from getting pregnant'. Hobby Lobby wants to NOT participate in infanticide. They wish to NOT contribute to four forms of infant fetal murder.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
-snipped-

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

It's not birth control. Birth control is 'controlling oneself from getting pregnant'. Hobby Lobby wants to NOT participate in infanticide. They wish to NOT contribute to four forms of infant fetal murder.

This is a perfect example of bogus science retarding the mind of Americans. Birth control is not the same as self control. There is no application of birth control in ACA that "murders" infants or fetuses.

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join