It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: neo96

Corporate products are not guaranteed by law.

Yes they are.

NO THEY ARE NOT.

Don't yell at me.

The new health care law (the Affordable Care Act) requires certain preventive health services and screenings to be covered in all new health insurance plans without cost-sharing. This means that, for the preventive health care services included, you will not be charged a co-payment for the services and the costs of the services will not be applied to your deductible.

The full range of FDA-approved prescription contraceptive methods are included. This means women can access oral contraception (the Pill), the shot (Depo-Provera), the ring (Nuvaring), contraceptive implants, diaphragms, cervical caps and permanent contraceptive methods, like
tubal ligation, without paying a co-payment or having the costs applied to her deductible.

Before this new rule, insurance plans usually only covered a portion of the cost of birth control and women would have to pay the additional cost out of pocket, in the form of a co-payment or co-insurance. This new rule means that birth control, along with the other preventive services, will be fully covered by insurance plans. Plans will not be able to charge extra payments for these services, such as co-payments or deductibles. Now, the cost of birth control is fully covered by the monthly premium consumers already pay,
without any extra payments.
www.nwlc.org...

Women who have health insurance are entitled to free contraception, by law. So, if Hobby Lobby refuses to cover this, the tax payers have to. That's what the Supreme Court said; "That's what Title X is for".

edit on 30-6-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Sad day for America. Sad day for workers. Sad day for women.

Does this mean I can exempt myself from any law I find in contrary to my religion? It seems so.

Actually, the sad day was March 23, 2010.

And of course, January 20, 2009 as well.

And, maybe you can exempt certain things....Religious Exemptions to the PPACA's Health Insurance Mandate

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Government stated that it wasn't Hobby Lobby's place to decide how employees manage their health and it's not. Employees are already paying for prescription coverage for their medical plans with hours worked... those policies are their personal property. Let me just come by your house and disable your cars because I believe you're polluting my Goddess and making her sick. Doesn't matter that it's your property, my religious beliefs trump your property rights.
edit on 6/30/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You quit your job because your boss told you to do your job?
You are happy because you made a decision that put you and your kids out on the streets?

And you have the nerve to insult people that don't agree with you.

Your attitude towards your families future stinks zackli like my breath.

I should have put /sarcasm or something to indicate it was sarcasm. I just tried to make it sound as terrible as possible. I was hoping that the irony and hypocrisy in saying that people are not slaves would jump out at you.

Shaming me because I don't "value my family's safety" is the crux of the matter. You are indeed free... To choose to work. It would be hilarious if it wouldn't have had such dramatic and terrible consequences for history.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yes but it doesn't cover EVERYONE now does it?

WHAT ?

100+million Americans not enough ?

60 million on medicare.
50 million on medicaid.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think someone is forgetting one very important FACT.

The ACA is only LAW because it was ruled a TAX.

And taxes have exactly jacksnip to do with 'healthcare'.

Or 'Preventive' anything.
edit on 30-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Thank you. I thought the big deal was over the IUD and RU486, that Hobby Lobby had no problem with prevention just- (let me look up the word from articles I've read about the situation) -Abortifacients.
edit on 30-6-2014 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Let's keep this civil and on topic.
Those who cannot will face post removals....and posting bans.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

In the US NO ONE is forced to work for anyone they don't want to work for

if they worked for HB for a long time the Christian music they play in the stores with lyrics let the employees know/knew who they were working for and what their beliefs are

if they objected to working for a Christian

again Hobby Lobby has no slaves

To imply that Hobby Lobby employees can not leave Hobby Lobby because there are absolutely no other jobs out there just tells us what the Obama administration has done to our country over the past 6 years (blaming others is getting psychotic because Obama has been in power for 6 years with the first two in total power with a Democratic congress and senate) Has Obama truly destroyed the economy so badly that Hobby Lobby employees have absolutely no chance at finding another job as a store clerk, cashier or stocker? If we go on this premise, then the US is totally doomed and the blame lies squarely on the man in charge whose motis operandi is "the blame stops there, pointing his middle finger at a picture of Bush or Boehner."

To imply Hobby Lobby is the only employer of cashiers or clerks or stockers in the US is ludicrous at best
and extremely ignorant at worst

You don't want to wear the trash Hooters forces its waitresses to wear, fine, go find another job
You don't want to work for someone who is exempt from having to provide health care at all because the business is to small, fine, go find another job

This is not a communist country (although I sense you would like it to be) where one is not allowed to change jobs

You also complained about HBs slave wages, there are plenty of places that will hire people for slave wages

Until we are slaves to our employers or to the government we are free to leave any job.

edit on 30-6-2014 by grandmakdw because: clarity

edit on 30-6-2014 by grandmakdw because: small addition

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For those who are keeping score.

And those who are willfully IGNORING executive OVERREACH.

www.nationalreview.com...

13 times the SCOTUS told Mr. YES WE CAN.

OH HELL NO YOU DON'T!

Add numbers 14 and 15.

www.washingtonpost.com...

15 TIMES !

The constitutional 'lawyer' gets schooled.

edit on 30-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I think someone is forgetting one very important FACT.

The ACA is only LAW because it was ruled a TAX.

And taxes have exactly jacksnip to do with 'healthcare'.

Or 'Preventive' anything.

Regardless, it IS the law, and SCOTUS didn't rule that the employees of exempt corporation weren't entitled to access to the full benefits of the ACA. Hobby Lobby's, et al, employees still are entitled to free birth control, even the ones that HL doesn't like, including the Morning After Pill.

edit on 30-6-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

A law that has been changed 41 times since it was passed in to law.

Now all of the sudden what is the problem ?

www.galen.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

A law that has been changed 41 times since it was passed in to law.

Isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't "bad" laws be changed?

Now all of the sudden what is the problem ?

For me, the problem is, it seems to me, that SCOTUS pulled a bait and switch, taking the burden off of certain for profit corporations and squarely placing it on the tax payer.

It's really just pandering, because these women can't be denied equality under the law. By law, they must still have free access to those things Hobby Lobby refuses to cover.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Single payer would fix so much wrong associated with health care.
But nooooo...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't "bad" laws be changed?

No.

Bad laws should NEVER be written in the first place.

Like the ACA it should have NEVER BEEN.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Single payer would fix so much wrong associated with health care.
But nooooo...

Do you mean like those 'single payers' medicare, and medicaid ?

You know where everyone is using them hardly anyone is paying for them.

And things like medicare surtaxes get created at put on capital gains.

And 'Alternative minium' taxes get created.

Even after printing of trillions of dollars.

Even after borrowing trillions of dollars.

Even after issuing 'Treasuries'.

Government needs to get the HELL OUT of the healthcare business.

IT has no 'business' in business FTW.

Either people believe in a free market or they don't.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Really? You think that insurance companies were behaving responsibly and there was no need whatsoever for any kind of regulation or reform?

(Shakes head) That's sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Really? You think that insurance companies were behaving responsibly and there was no need whatsoever for any kind of regulation or reform?

(Shakes head) That's sad.

Never had any problems with them in my life.

Not one.

Hell for 30 years I never needed insurance.

Hell for another 10 years I was never forced to buy health insurance.

Until now.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Regulate the snot out of healthcare. If medical supply companies (a wing of health insurance) weren't allowed to charge 300 hundred dollars for a freaking aspirin, people could BUY health care for themselves. Problem solved, government is reduced, corporate power is reduced, women get to be people and bosses don't get to control people with their religious beliefs. Wins all around.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Regulate the snot out of healthcare.

Mission accomplished !

Funny thing there.

The only job of insurance companies is just to pay the GD hospital bill.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join