It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

originally posted by: Destinyone
I'm not a christian...just a good old tax paying lady, tired of over reaching by an ever intrusive government.

You sure got that one wrong...Bright Blessings to you, said the Pagan old lady...

Des

You'll have to forgive me if i just dont believe you. Nothing personal. It's just the internet, people will lie to suit their arguments.

Her posting history seems to indicate she is not a liar.
edit on 053030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

In most 'civilized' countries, people are allowed to follow the religion of their choice.

Those countries listed all have tax payer subsidized comprehensive reproductive health care plans that are available to all citizens. That is certainly not the case here in America.

Oh .. and no one is dictating what health care the workers can access.

That's just intellectually dishonest, of course they are! This ruling allows certain employers to exclude contraception from their "comprehensive" health care compensation packages for women. This is something that the rest of the civilized world sees as a "human right" and necessary for "public health". But not in 'Murica!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: windword
So you're good with a for profit corporation refusing some basic health care coverage in their compensation packages for their female employees, that they are entitled to, by law,

So you're good with people refusing to allow others to practice their faith that they are entitled to do so by law ... by the constitution?

I think it is mostly sour grapes.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Correct me If I'm wrong, doesn't Hobby Lobby, in their plan, offer a bunch of other contraceptives exempt the abortion pill? Or was I wrong?
As a person who illustrates for a living, and enjoys oil painting, I have zero'ed in on Hobby Lobby for their massive selection of art wares at a good price.

edit on 30-6-2014 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

(post by zackli removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCounselor

Abortion is not part of the ACA mandate. PERIOD. Hobby Lobby was never required to offer insurance that covered an abortion pill!

edit on 30-6-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: macman
Oh, so Hobby Lobby has stopped employees from purchasing this?

If they COULD do you think they WOULD? Think about that.

Well, I know that if they were leftists they might because the left is all about forcing people to think, say and do exactly what they think is morally correct.

So, I guess the real question is - are the owners of Hobby Lobby leftists?

link   

originally posted by: buster2010
it's against our faith so now you will have to live by our faith

Not even close.
No one is stopping these people from getting access to the abortificants.
They can still go and get it on their own. No problem.

What part of now your medical plan won't cover it don't you understand?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No. I want employers to not dictate how compensation is used. It ought to be a no brainer without having to appeal to authority on anything, but Hobby Lobby couldn't accept that they had to be able to stick their noses into their employees private medical business and go crying to government when they looked and found something they didn't like. It's absolutely ludicrous for someone, anyone to dictate how a person spends or uses their earnings for work they have performed.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

In most "civilized" countries, what a religion dictates doesn't play into what health care its citizens can access.

In most 'civilized' countries, people are allowed to follow the religion of their choice. Oh .. and no one is dictating what health care the workers can access. Not one bit. They can still go get their abortificants elsewhere.

So you are denying that other nations have a national healthcare system so employers don't have to provide medical insurance? So there is no conflict between a employers and employees faith.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sad day for America. Sad day for workers. Sad day for women.

Does this mean I can exempt myself from any law I find in contrary to my religion? It seems so.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Never mind, you're DEFINITELY in touch with reality. Yea America! Freedom. All that jazz. I, personally, just lost my house yesterday because I quit my job when my employer ordered me to do my job and now I'm just sitting in the library with my wife and three kids as they do their homework. Never been happier in all my days! I'm finally free.

You quit your job because your boss told you to do your job?
You are happy because you made a decision that put you and your kids out on the streets?

And you have the nerve to insult people that don't agree with you.

Your attitude towards your families future stinks zackli like my breath.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So you're good with a for profit corporation refusing some basic health care coverage in their compensation packages for their female employees, that they are entitled to, by law, and allowing the American tax payer to foot the bill instead?

LOL wow.

Corporate products are not guaranteed by law.

Once again they can go buy it anywhere they wish.

Hell even Hobby lobby is still paying for it in roundabout way.

What they do with their take home pay.

They can have at it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes they are.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

In most "civilized" countries, what a religion dictates doesn't play into what health care its citizens can access.

In most 'civilized' countries, people are allowed to follow the religion of their choice. Oh .. and no one is dictating what health care the workers can access. Not one bit. They can still go get their abortificants elsewhere.

So you are denying that other nations have a national healthcare system so employers don't have to provide medical insurance? So there is no conflict between a employers and employees faith.

I wonder does medicare, and medicaid pay for it ?

You know that government ran healthcare programs that is this countries LARGEST healthcare provider.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Yes they are.

NO THEY ARE NOT.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I wonder does medicare, and medicaid pay for it ?

If it is prescribed by a doctor then yes they will pay for it.

You know that government ran healthcare programs that is this countries LARGEST healthcare provider.

Yes but it doesn't cover EVERYONE now does it?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Sad day for America. Sad day for workers. Sad day for women.

Does this mean I can exempt myself from any law I find in contrary to my religion? It seems so.

Actually this ruling didn't do the GOP or conservatives any favors. The Hillary camp is perfecting their spinning technique as we speak.

hows this........."Corporations can now tell a woman how to take care of her reproductive organs"

edit on 30-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

No. I want employers to not dictate how compensation is used. It ought to be a no brainer without having to appeal to authority on anything, but Hobby Lobby couldn't accept that they had to be able to stick their noses into their employees private medical business and go crying to government when they looked and found something they didn't like. It's absolutely ludicrous for someone, anyone to dictate how a person spends or uses their earnings for work they have performed.

It was government that ordered Hobby Lobby to do something that it didn't want to do.

Can women still get contraceptives?
Yes.

You want Hobby Lobby to simply obey the government, regardless of how they feel or believe.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Women can do what they want with their take-home pay just not their other compensation, right? Something that is theirs, payed out to them that includes prescription coverage...won't cover all prescriptions because bosses are now entitled to say well my religion trumps your personal property (their insurance plan).

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join