It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

What the hell does that mean???

Who said a Corp has a soul....

And what does that have to do with you and many others thinking your entitled to whatever you want?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
companies should not be allowed to discriminate because of the "companies" (Not a real person) Religious beliefs.

- How exactly is the company 'discriminating'??

- But it's okay to discriminate against the religious people and interfere with their constitutional right to follow their religion?

How is allowing access to the morning after pill discriminating against religious beliefs?

HOBBY LOBBY IS NOT A PERSON, IT HAS NO SOUL, IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY RELIGIOUS BELIEFS BECAUSE IT IS NOT A HUMAN BEING - Therefore its religious beliefs are not being discriminated against because it hasn't got any religious beliefs to be walked on.

You have a set of pissy owner's that cant handle being in the world of business and looking after the MEDICAL NEEDS of its female staff. They wouldnt know discrimination if it slapped them in the face with a qur'an

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks for basically rephrasing what I stated.

The next logic step, from what you stated, is now a company forcing someone to pray to Allah.

Except.....the ruling is about a company not being forced to pay for something.
NOT about a company forcing others TO do or accept something.

Now you're just mindlessly repeating yourself ...

Have you bothered to actually READ what the SCOTUS decided? The salient portion is quoted above. Why don't you read that and explain to all of us how that's a "narrow" ruling only governing abortifacients again, really, I must ask, is blatantly misrepresenting the truth okay in your brand of Christianity?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Sure sure then. Sure sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Okay. I'll say it.

com·mu·nism
[kom-yuh-niz-uhm] Show IPA

noun
1. a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.
2. ( often initial capital letter ) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.
3. ( initial capital letter ) the principles and practices of the Communist Party.
4. communalism.

People are angry because it isn't communism. Business won because they are autonomous to government dictates.

Government offers any and all types of birth control, morning-after medication.

Yet a company refused. And won.

What people are upset is, that one set of rules applies to government, and another applies to business and the individual.

People wanted a one-size-fits-all for government and business.

That is communism.
1. a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.

Religious differences don't apply in government or communism or a totalitarian state.

Funny. People are actually BEGGING for communism now.

I guess social engineering works.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The science behind when a human being begins to develop is rock solid, and that moment occurs before the legal term of pregnancy kicks in.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

What the hell does that mean???

Who said a Corp has a soul....

And what does that have to do with you and many others thinking your entitled to whatever you want?

This decision has been made on the basis that the company (Hobby lobby) is a human being and identifies as a christian with religious beliefs - Its ludicrous.

And yes. I absolutely believe that the women who work for hobby lobby are ENTITLED to medical care, such as the abortive morning pill. Why? Because hobby lobby is not a fking christian, its owner is (And apparently he likes to get pissy about things when # doent fly the way he thinks it should)

So yeah, keep pulling out your BS about me being entitled because it's the only defense you've got when it comes to your supreme court making an absolute retarded decision that will effect thousands of women across the USA.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

How is allowing access to the morning after pill discriminating against religious beliefs?

Oh, so Hobby Lobby has stopped employees from purchasing this?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
OK, let's skin this puppy down and not beat around the bush anymore. This is about the SC cutting the religious right some slack and it validates their faith. If I was them in this day I'd take any straw. Can I get a "Yeehaw"? Well, the stars proclaim that here.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'm not gonna buy my own contraception when my employer should include it in their medical package. Ii dont give a rat's ass what myth they believe in.

And the entitlement mindset is on display for everyone.

I'd rather be seen as entitled then someone stupid enough to believe a corporation has a soul.

As long as people like you, feel that they are OWED everything by the government, including the government being able to force businesses to cater to you entitled people...our society is screwed.

If you, oh so entitled people keep getting your way. Say bu-bye to small businesses, entrepreneurship. Say hello to bigger government run by bigger committees, and a vice like grip of ever increasing taxation on the dwindling number of people still able to pay taxes.

You can keep your utopian society of being permanently latched onto the government teat.

Des

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Sure sure then. Sure sure.

Oh, come on mac, you can surely do better than that ... here, I'll do your work for you ... here it is again:

Here's what the SCOTUS ruling in Hobby Lobby et. al. actually STATES:

"RFRA's (Religious Freedom Restoration Act) text shows that Congress designed the statute to provide very broad protection for religious liberty and did not intent to put merchants to a choice. It employed the familiar legal fiction of including corporations within RFRA's definition of "persons," but the purpose of extending rights to corporations is to protect the rights of people associated with the corporation, including shareholders, officers and employees. Protecting the free-exercise rights of closely held corporations thus protects the religious liberty of the humans who own and control them."

Please demonstrate how that statement that is part and parcel of the decision ONLY affects the free choice of how an employee uses their health benefits.

If you can't, or won't, just say "I don't want to deal with facts and reality, I want to say whatever I want and get away with it" and we're done here.

Actually, we are anyway. Enjoy the Theocracy!
edit on 14Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:56:41 -050014p022014666 by Gryphon66 because: Word

link   

If they COULD do you think they WOULD? Think about that.

link   

The business is owned by a person or people. It is private property.

And when did Hobby Lobby state that the employee can't go get such a thing?

Your entitlement has seriously clouded your thinking.

You equate a company not paying for something as denying it out right. You clearly need to rethink this.

link   

HOBBY LOBBY IS NOT A PERSON, IT HAS NO SOUL, IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY RELIGIOUS BELIEFS BECAUSE IT IS NOT A HUMAN BEING -

Ran by them though. Guess that doesn't matter.

Business live, and die just like people do.

Business get taxed like people do.

Business gets sued like people do.

The only people that don't have souls ?

Are those who go around using government FASCISM to provide for the materialistic WANTS of people.

The only people that don't have souls?

Are those who are trying to make business owners basically pimps.
edit on 30-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

The legal term for "abortion" is also "rock solid" and one can't have an abortion before one is pregnant.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

I have no idea why you brought Jehovah's witnesses into this with transplants. When in fact they can have transplants and transfusion. They can have bloodless operations not needing much blood.

The idea of no blood transfusions came about in the 40's I believe and has since changed. In fact you can go to their website and see for yourself. When it is a matter of life and death the life takes precedence over religious law. Jesus even allowed this stating that life was the most precious.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

If they COULD do you think they WOULD? Think about that.

Conestoga Wood Specialties was in the suit too. They are located in Pennsylvania, a 'right to work' state.

I guess they could let their people go for that reason, couldn't they? I have never heard that they did. They are located about 20 miles from where I live.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So, SCOTUS isn't a part of the Government then?

Because this is about the decision in Hobby Lobby et. al.as handed down by the SCOTUS, which last time I checked, is indeed a part of the US Government, third "branch" I believe ... might want to consult the US Constitution, Article III.

This decision is a direct mandate from the US Government that restricts how millions of American workers choose to use their own money as expressed in their health insurance benefits ...

Yeah, actually now that you mention it, that DOES sound like most modern Communist Totalitarian Police States ... China, North Korea, et. al.

Carry on then ...

edit on 14Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:58:21 -050014p022014666 by Gryphon66 because: Deleted ""

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Its dictating that they may not use their company medical insurance to do so because hobby lobby is a die hard hard christian fanatic - You not seen him at the protest's outside the abortion clinics?
Oh wait, you haven't because he's not a person.

Take a moment to accept that.

Now again, How is allowing access to the morning after pill discriminating against religious beliefs?

i'm dying to know.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
right now all insurance have birth control in most of their plans They have had to since before obama care! obamacare just increase the list of what is covered.
okay so now a few businesses don't have to provide that part.
Should the insurance companies now have to design a special plan to cater to those few businesses?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join