It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96
Should be I ?

Well you said an artificial means to stay off a natural process. So I would think you would then.

That was in regard to using those means to make sure a person isn't born.

There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: windword
Take it up with those who believe in the Old Testament God.
I don't ... so I can't address that.

You're the one who brought it up!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hobby Lobby isn't buying the contraceptives they are compensating their employees for work via health insurance, the worker gets to decide what is and isn't covered... well that's how it should be

Actually they do.

They just don't 'provide' carte blanche for them.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
You're the one who brought it up!

Actually I'm not. Someone else here said that contraception isn't in the bible. I posted in response to that question ... I showed where it is considered to be in the bible by those who believe in it. Onanism isn't my belief. The 'thou shalt not kill' .... yes, I do believe in that though.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Somebody put this in perspective because I don't see what the big deal is.

So a company doesn't have to pay for birth control for their employees through government mandated health care. Cool. What's the probpem? If people don't like it, don't work there.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

Nope. They just want different people in charge. They don't care that Someone has authority over others only that what they believe in and who they like are the ones with the power.

WOW, Hypocrite much....

SO, it is "different" and okay when Hobby Lobby is being ruled by someone. But not when Hobby Lobby is in charge of their own stuff.

Man you Progressives are funny.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No they don't.
They purchase health care plans that they use as part of compensation for their employees.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Wrong.

No. I"m correct. Read on ...

Under natural circumstances, only around 50% of fertilize eggs actually implant. Every woman who naturally flushes a fertilized egg on her period isn't having an abortion.

She's naturally aborting. The body will naturally abort at times. Example - Miscarriage is a natural abortion.

Again, according the American Medical Association and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists pregnancy occurs upon implantation.

Again, life begins at conception and therefore those who flush a newly conceived child are aborting. What the American College of Obstetricians considers to be abortion is irrelevant when we are discussing the religious belief of when life begins. A baby is on the way from the instant it is conceived. To stop that from happening is considered an abortion by the religions we are discussing.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'm not against contraceptives, just abortificants. What I have a problem with is how you're suggesting that anyone who supports this ruling is a sexist that doesn't want women to have quality health care. Maybe you should explain to me how not paying for your contraceptives is affecting your health.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I'm not a progressive (that's 2x now in this thread alone that I've told you that).

Who are they being ruled by by buying health insurance plans that they use to compensate work their employees do for them?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
So a company doesn't have to pay for birth control for their employees through government mandated health care.

Actually ... they DO pay for 16/20 birth controls. That includes the pill. What they aren't paying for are FOUR types that are considered to be abortificants by those who believe that life begins at conception.

The IUD. The Morning after pill. The Week after pill. And one other (that I can't remember)

link   
It's a political decision based SOLELY on political ideology from the one Branch of Government that was supposed to be continually above party.

Remember you're crowing over this, Christians, when Muslim companies require you to get on your knees and pray five times per day toward Mecca or keep you from bringing a ham sandwich to work, or the Chinese Taoists, Buddhists or Confucianists choose to require you to work on Sundays, Easters and Christmases as if they're any other day.

Don't even get me started on what the Wiccans and Satanists might require of their workers, LOL.

Here's to the end of reason and rationality in the American Legal System.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

IS that right ?

It doesn't affect: • Most birth control pills • Condoms • Sponges • Sterilization

It does affect: • Plan B "morning-after pill" • Ella "morning-after pill" • Hormonal and copper intrauterine devices (IUDs)

www.usatoday.com...

Back to arguing over nothing.

Since Hobby Lobby employees, and other people CAN STILL GET THOSE ELSEWHERE.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Because people uses ARTIFICIAL means to interfere with a natural process.

Dying from cancer is a natural process. Are you against chemotherapy and radiation treatments as well?

From my understanding that 'cure' is worse than the disease.

Intentional dosage of radiation ?

That doesn't answer the question. Are you against these?

WAIT a minute...are people here equating PREGNANCY with CANCER? Have we come to that analogy in this debate?
How sad.
For the record: One brings Joy; the other sorrow. I know both from experience.
edit on 30-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Should be I ?

Well you said an artificial means to stay off a natural process. So I would think you would then.

That was in regard to using those means to make sure a person isn't born.

There is a difference.

Oh, so it's only the conception "process", not any given natural process then?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So, you equate to a company not paying for contraceptives to a Muslim company forcing employees to pray to Allah?

Is that really your final answer?

I still don't see where anyone is forced to work for either company.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

Nope. They just want different people in charge. They don't care that Someone has authority over others only that what they believe in and who they like are the ones with the power.

WOW, Hypocrite much....

SO, it is "different" and okay when Hobby Lobby is being ruled by someone. But not when Hobby Lobby is in charge of their own stuff.

Man you Progressives are funny.

Actually the hypocrisy is this company taking this all the way to the SC when they are making a pantload of money off of the products they are concerned over.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Come on.

People get pregnant.

People get cancer.

One of those things has to come first.

Comparing apples and oranges.

The difference to end human life.

The other is to prolong human life.

So apparently getting pregnant now equals cancer.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
So, you equate to a company not paying for contraceptives to a Muslim company forcing employees to pray to Allah?

A proper comparison would be this ..

Hobby Lobby not forced to pay for FOUR types of 'contraceptions' that are considered to be abortificants by Christians.

A Muslim Cabbie refusing to give a person a ride in a cab he himself owns because the person is drunk or is carrying booze bottles.

I'd think that's closer to same/same.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
Somebody put this in perspective because I don't see what the big deal is.

So a company doesn't have to pay for birth control for their employees through government mandated health care. Cool. What's the probpem? If people don't like it, don't work there.

People are all bent out of shape because a) business is not acting like nanny-government and b) they may have to buy their own birth control if it isn't already offered.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join