It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Actually the hypocrisy is this company taking this all the way to the SC when they are making a pantload of money off of the products they are concerned over.

IF Mother Jones is correct in the reporting ... then that's a good point.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

And what about any other company, organization, union or so on making the same monies off the same instance of investments?

Regardless, they were handed back a small amount of rights that were there to begin with.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Gryphon66

So, you equate to a company not paying for contraceptives to a Muslim company forcing employees to pray to Allah?

Is that really your final answer?

I still don't see where anyone is forced to work for either company.

As usual, your post reeks with dishonesty. Didn't say anything like that; as a general rule in your religion, isn't lying considered a sin?

The Supreme Court decision gives corporate entities religious rights; it does so regardless of all the blather about the "narrowness" of the decision.

Some corporate entities are not Christian, and will choose to impose their own religious standards and beliefs on their employees. Like it or leave it, right?

What did your Jesus say about this kind of thing? The blind leading the blind?

If I remember the outcome of that scenario, both fell into the ditch.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The argument over when "life" begins is a completely different than arguing the validity of a legitimate medical term, like pregnancy.

And since Hobby Lobby is using medical terms like "abortion", instead of say "preventing life" or "inhibiting a developing life", they've crossed into a defense of an arbitrary belief about life by trying to scientifically legitimize it.

We are seeing this kind of bogus science being written into laws more and more, de-legitimizing real science across the board.

link   

Actually it would be more along the lines of a Muslim owned company not stocking the Limo with alcohol.

Both instances are for a company providing or not providing something.

link   

a reply to: intrepid

And what about any other company, organization, union or so on making the same monies off the same instance of investments?

Those companies haven't been petitioning the SC about this. So you are OK with them making money off of these products but also OK with them not wanting to offer them to their employees?

@ Neo- You were the one that brought this "natural process vs artificial control." And I got my answer. ONLY the reproductive process. Got it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

A liberal will destroy your life at the drop of a hat over refusal to obey a draconian fascist law like forcing someone to sponsor an abortion whether they view it as a horrific crime against humanity or not, but god forbid they ever take so much as five minutes of their time to solve the problem on their own without violence.

AMEN! That is what the Democrats/Progressives/Liberals are crying about. SCOTUS stopped them from terrorizing a business because it held to it's religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm beginning to understand this a little bit more.

What's that ideology where government basically owns all business?

THAT'S why people are upset!

Because business isn't acting like government!
People want the same approach that government takes, for business.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The argument over when "life" begins is a completely different than arguing the validity of a legitimate medical term, like pregnancy.

Wait what ?

That clump of cells isn't a human life ?

Thats funny coming from the same people who keeps telling me the planet is 'alive'.

Hey, You Don't step on that plant!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Remember you're crowing over this, Christians, when Muslim companies require you to get on your knees and pray five times per day toward Mecca or keep you from bringing a ham sandwich to work, or the Chinese Taoists, Buddhists or Confucianists choose to require you to work on Sundays, Easters and Christmases as if they're any other day.

You stated this, correct?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Those companies haven't been petitioning the SC about this. So you are OK with them making money off of these products but also OK with them not wanting to offer them to their employees?

Yes, I am fine with this as I am not in charge of the company. I have a say only in either shopping with them or not.
There is the issue. People think they have some grand say in how a business operates. They don't.

The company gets to decide on these things.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ok, so the family down the street opens a business. They are the only ones who work there, and they none of them believe in contraception. Do they have to provide it to themselves?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm beginning to understand this a little bit more.

What's that ideology where government basically owns all business?

THAT'S why people are upset!

Because business isn't acting like government!
People want the same approach that government takes, for business.

Pretty much sums it up.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

When conception happens, life is present. To end that conception is to end the life. It's abortion. Hobby Lobby won't pay for abortificants. It pays for 16/20 other 'contraceptions'. People need to stop whining and just go get their abortificants elsewhere. No one is stopping them.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: macman
Oh .. that's even better! You are right. Excellent comparison.

Hobby Lobby not paying for abortificants.
Muslim Cabbie not putting booze in his cab for the rider.
Same/same.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well done american christians. You've stood up for what you believe in and forced it on everyone else

The whole battle over providing contraception pill to your female employee's get's pretty murky when you have to consider that not all women take it to prevent pregnancy, it can also be used to regulate periods, control acne, reduce cramping, and reduce mood swings.

But yeah, lets throw out all of its other medical use's and just proceed because "GOD WANTS YOU PREGNANT BIATCH"

Sad day for women in america.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

You are wrong.

Women are still free to obtain a contraceptive pill through the company healthcare plan.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Remember you're crowing over this, Christians, when Muslim companies require you to get on your knees and pray five times per day toward Mecca or keep you from bringing a ham sandwich to work, or the Chinese Taoists, Buddhists or Confucianists choose to require you to work on Sundays, Easters and Christmases as if they're any other day.

You stated this, correct?

That is what I stated.

What you claimed I stated was NOT what I said, and you know that clearly if you can read English.

Here's what the SCOTUS ruling in Hobby Lobby et. al. actually STATES:

"RFRA's (Religious Freedom Restoration Act) text shows that Congress designed the statute to provide very broad protection for religious liberty and did not intent to put merchants to a choice. It employed the familiar legal fiction of including corporations within RFRA's definition of "persons," but the purpose of extending rights to corporations is to protect the rights of people associated with the corporation, including shareholders, officers and employees. Protecting the free-exercise rights of closely held corporations thus protects the religious liberty of the humans who own and control them."

Humans who own and control corporations can be Muslim, Taoist, Buddhist, Wiccan and Satanist.

It's not about "abortifacients" as is clearly seen here ... it's simply one more step toward the Theocracy that so many of you long for.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

When conception happens, life is present.

Life was present in the egg and the sperm before conception.

To end that conception is to end the life. It's abortion.

No it's not. Abortion is a legal and medical term that doesn't apply here.

Hobby Lobby won't pay for abortificants.

HL was never asked to do so. The methods in question to not cause abortion.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
Well done american christians. You've stood up for what you believe in and forced it on everyone else

So you favor forcing people not to have a right to practice their religion? You don't believe in the Constitution? Okay ... got it ...

The whole battle over providing contraception pill to your female employee's ...

Um .. no. Hobby Lobby IS paying for the birth control pill. It's only not paying for the FOUR abortificants .... the IUD, the Morning After Pill, The Week After Pill, and one other ... And any woman who wants to use those abortificants can go get them elsewhere. So they aren't being stopped from using them.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join