It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby wins Supreme Court case, limits the ACA contraception mandate

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Life was present in the egg and the sperm before conception.

It was not a human life ... it wasn't a baby being made.

Abortion is a legal and medical term that doesn't apply here.

An abortion ends a human life. This is a human life ending. It applies.

The methods in question to not cause abortion.

They end a conceived human life.
No hiding behind supposed 'official' medical terminology can change that.
Ending human life goes against their religion. Period.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Humans who own and control corporations can be Muslim, Taoist, Buddhist, Wiccan and Satanist.

And Scientologist.........GASP!

link   

So, you stated this

Remember you're crowing over this, Christians, when Muslim companies require you to get on your knees and pray five times per day toward Mecca or keep you from bringing a ham sandwich to work, or the Chinese Taoists, Buddhists or Confucianists choose to require you to work on Sundays, Easters and Christmases as if they're any other day.

But don't really mean it as that.

You really should think these things through, before putting finger to keyboard.

SO again, with the ruling stating that a company is not required to PAY for contraceptives, is now the stepping stone to a Muslim company making someone pray to Allah.

SO, playing semantics and the Alinsky method, you are right. You didn't exactly compare one to the other. You have stated that praying to Allah is the next step.

link   
Oh, and the "belief" of a company (That is not a human being) superseding the medical needs of its staff? Well, aren't you just opening a can of worm's with this one.

"My corporation, that identifies as a Jehovah Witness, believe's you should not be entitled to a blood transfusion because god would be displeased that i (the almighty corporation) have allowed such a sin to happen - Its legal though, so go die somewhere else please"

So dumb.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
Well done american christians. You've stood up for what you believe in and forced it on everyone else

Please state in one or two sentences exactly what is being forced on everyone.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

You are wrong.

Women are still free to obtain a contraceptive pill through the company healthcare plan.

companies should not be allowed to discriminate because of the "companies" (Not a real person) Religious beliefs.

I'm not gonna buy my own contraception when my employer should include it in their medical package. Ii dont give a rat's ass what myth they believe in.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I'm not gonna buy my own contraception when my employer should include it in their medical package. Ii dont give a rat's ass what myth they believe in.

And the entitlement mindset is on display for everyone.

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

They end a conceived human life.
No hiding behind supposed 'official' medical terminology can change that.
Ending human life goes against their religion. Period.

Then they should confine their argument to religious beliefs and stop trying to scientifically legitimize their beliefs with bogus medical claims. They should say that they don't care what science says, instead of trying to put words into "science's mouth"!

edit on 30-6-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: windword
The argument over when "life" begins is a completely different than arguing the validity of a legitimate medical term, like pregnancy.

When conception happens, life is present. To end that conception is to end the life. It's abortion. Hobby Lobby won't pay for abortificants. It pays for 16/20 other 'contraceptions'. People need to stop whining and just go get their abortificants elsewhere. No one is stopping them.

Then natural processes abort about 30-50% of "conceived life." If God (Yahweh, Yahoo, Woo-hoo) et. al. is ultimately responsible for "natural processes," then God (et. al. ) is one of the most prolific abortionists in history.

Doesn't surprise me a bit, given what I've heard tell of this demonic figure.

~~~~~~

What's amazing to me that so many here are so vociferous in terms of advocating freedom from government control and intervention, yet, when the jackboots march in your direction, you want to allow Government via Corporations to be permitted to dictate how workers can and can't use their own health insurance, their own benefits, their own income.

I think that's called hypocrisy ...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

companies should not be allowed to discriminate because of the "companies" (Not a real person) Religious beliefs.

- How exactly is the company 'discriminating'??

- But it's okay to discriminate against the religious people and interfere with their constitutional right to follow their religion?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

So you favor forcing people not to have a right to practice their religion? You don't believe in the Constitution? Okay ... got it ...

At what point does a woman taking birth control directly effect this companies owners right to practice their religion?

Um .. no. Hobby Lobby IS paying for the birth control pill. It's only not paying for the FOUR abortificants .... the IUD, the Morning After Pill, The Week After Pill, and one other ... And any woman who wants to use those abortificants can go get them elsewhere. So they aren't being stopped from using them.

And so they should be paying for birth control. As for not paying for the morning after pill and such im not to bothered about. Any mature women look's after herself to ensure that she doesnt get to that point.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Funny how a deeply religious organization like Hobby Lobby can decide the fate of it's female employees on religious grounds yet they have no trouble selling Halloween products. Oh, that's right...Halloween products make money for them. I love me some hypocrisy! YUM YUM YUM!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

Why not ?

People don't have a problem with CVS discriminating against smokers.

And pulled that product from their shelves.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Well done american christians. You've stood up for what you believe in and forced it on everyone else

Please state in one or two sentences exactly what is being forced on everyone.

At first i thought this company had managed to get out of providing birth control to its staff on "religious grounds" - Seems that's not the case and they're just not providing the morning after pill etc - Which im not really enraged about.

But seriously, a corporation having religious beliefs? Its like the industrial military complex claiming to have a conscious.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

My goodness, macman, you seem to be either suffering from a lack of ability to read today or an intentional lack of doing so!

Let me walk you through this ... if "protecting the exercise of the religious beliefs of the principals of a corporation" can include dictating how an employee uses their health insurance as is now established law after Hobby Lobby et. al. ... then if the principal of a corporation sincerely believes that everyone should pray in a certain direction, shouldn't eat certain foods, or dress certain ways, etc., then they can IMPOSE THAT BELIEF ON THEIR EMPLOYEES.

I know you're bright enough to understand that ...

Today dictating how we use own PERSONAL insurance, tomorrow, Enjoy your hijab!
edit on 14Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:40:05 -050014p022014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

And the entitlement mindset is on display for everyone.

I'd rather be seen as entitled then someone stupid enough to believe a corporation has a soul.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fenson76

Funny how a deeply religious organization like Hobby Lobby can decide the fate of it's female employees on religious grounds yet they have no trouble selling Halloween products. Oh, that's right...Halloween products make money for them. I love me some hypocrisy! YUM YUM YUM!

You need better reading comprehension skills. Hobby Lobby is refusing to pay for only 4 out of about 20 BC methods. Women can still get many types of BC in their HC plan...including the pill.

The exclusion of those specific 4, was based on religious beliefs.

Comprende?

Des

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thanks for basically rephrasing what I stated.

The next logic step, from what you stated, is now a company forcing someone to pray to Allah.

Except.....the ruling is about a company not being forced to pay for something.
NOT about a company forcing others TO do or accept something.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm beginning to understand this a little bit more.

What's that ideology where government basically owns all business?

THAT'S why people are upset!

Because business isn't acting like government!
People want the same approach that government takes, for business.

Bingo !!

You hit the nail right on the head !!

I could elaborate but we're not in the mud-pit forum, so I will generalize.

This has the Progressives all up in arms and we are seeing the tangents being argued and then more tangents created from the arguments without any rebuttals as usual.

The quagmires even have dilemmas inside.

The Marxist Left has invented the "Religious Right" definition as a scratching post.

And at the same time they bash "religion" while casting the illusion of support to many religious groups that actually vote Democrat !!

Latinos are mostly Catholic, and many inner city religious groups also vote Democrat.

Very odd.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

and what do you not understand about them still deciding the fate of women? Do you comprehend hypocrisy?
edit on 6/30/2014 by fenson76 because: The power of Christ compelled me.

edit on 6/30/2014 by fenson76 because: The power of Christ compelled me.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join