It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Such Hate For Fox News Specifically?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why Such Hate For Fox News Specifically?

Because the left can't stand the thought of any ideas competing with theirs.

That is why Fox News is constantly demagogued.

Basically they hate it, so everyone should.

Even though most don't ever watch it.

People need to be glad Fox News is on the air.

Because if it wasn't ?

The current administration would have no idea ISIS is taking over Iraq.

The Current administration would have no idea about the IRS.

The current administration would have no Idea about the veterans dying on waiting lists at the VA.

Apparently the current administration has 'no' idea of what it does.

And if that ain't proof of a government that has become 'too big to fail' ?

I don't know what is.

Fox News haters ?

All hat no cattle.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

People need to be glad Fox News is on the air.

Because if it wasn't ?

The current administration would have no idea ISIS is taking over Iraq.

This statement is one of the most absurd things I've ever read on ATS.

Investigative journalism is supposed to be a non-biased reporting of the facts.

It is not supposed to be a soap box for propaganda and opinions portrayed as fact.

FOX does not report the news they report their opinions based on a conservative right wing agenda.

FOX is the reason that the MSM has lost it's credibility.

Other networks have been forced to follow FOX's method because, as far as ratings go, it works and it generates lots of ad revenue.

The flashy images and silly headlines grab the attention of the viewer who, most often, will not seek out other sources to confirm what they are hearing is true or not.

Geraldo Rivera and Bill O'Reilly are not reporters. They are actors/entertainers. FOX news is the stage.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Left Wingdings must not have gotten the message last year.

They might have had a computer crash and lost the email instructions.

"The war on Fox is over," said Media Matters Executive Vice President Angelo Carusone. "And it's not just that it's over, but it was very successful. To a large extent, we won."

Media Matters Declares 'Victory' over Fox News

Media Matters Declares Victory: 'The War On Fox Is Over'

[ reminds me of those Japanese soldiers they found 20 years after WW2 ended ]

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Left Wingdings must not have gotten the message last year.

They might have had a computer crash and lost the email instructions.

[ reminds me of those Japanese soldiers they found 20 years after WW2 ended ]

And we all know how normal it is to have computers crash.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I hate Fox News more than any other news outlet for many reasons, but what throws me the most is their open and blatant bashing of anything that does not fit into their nice little box of beliefs. It almost seems like these people are brainwashed. I cannot even stomach the network to be honest. There are tactful ways of disagreeing with someone, but from what I have seen they do not engage in what we would term "debate." Their tactics are emotionally charged and rely on appeal to emotions through fear rather than actual debate. And I see a lot of closet racism towards president Obama as well, but that is just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Koolaid for days...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The current administration would have no idea ISIS is taking over Iraq. The Current administration would have no idea about the IRS. The current administration would have no Idea about the veterans dying on waiting lists at the VA.

Wow... Just wow...
You know if those stories were going on during a right wing admin they would be not covering it as much as they are now.
They won't even get the ISIS/ISIL think right, they have been calling them AQ for the past month and only recently have started calling them an offshoot which is still a stretch.

And bill needs to run for office already so he can get smacked down.
Maybe then he will stop talking like he can fix this country in a month, man

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Listening to Fox News makes me just as sick to my stomach as listening to MSNBC.

I'm guessing liberals are more likely to turn a blind eye towards how terrible the 'left' leaning news stations are because they more closely align to their views than the 'right' leaning Fox News.

It's just bias, and human nature. I don't believe it means they really personally prefer other MSM stations, but they feel less like they're being traitorous when blasting Fox.

Many conservatives do the exact same thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

FOX'NEWS' is propaganda, plain and simple, to promote big money's agenda. They consistantly broadcast half truths and skewed view points to rile up thier more easily influenced viewers - sometimes with tragic results, (like attacks on Womens' Clinics). Thier stories are deliberately created to motivate people to act in a way that befits those that pay the network, (like the Koch brothers). It's not news, it's advertising, appealing to base emotions. FOX'NEWS" is a prime example of why the rest of the world shakes thier collective head at us. Fortunatly, the poepl who watch FOX probably don't care what the rest of the wortld thinks, because FOX'NEWS" tells them that they shouldn't care about the rest of the world. Smart.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

FOX'NEWS' is propaganda, plain and simple, to promote big money's agenda. They consistantly broadcast half truths and skewed view points to rile up thier more easily influenced viewers - sometimes with tragic results, (like attacks on Womens' Clinics). Thier stories are deliberately created to motivate people to act in a way that befits those that pay the network, (like the Koch brothers). It's not news, it's advertising, appealing to base emotions. FOX'NEWS" is a prime example of why the rest of the world shakes thier collective head at us. Fortunatly, the poepl who watch FOX probably don't care what the rest of the wortld thinks, because FOX'NEWS" tells them that they shouldn't care about the rest of the world. Smart.

Thank god we have the rest of the mainstream media which just has the best interest of the public at heart, and isn't motivated by money and and hidden agendas.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

FOX'NEWS' poster boy! Hilarious, and sad. Glad I don't live next to this guy.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So, it's OK that FOX'News' lies because all of the other news outlets do too? Is that what you're saying?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So, it's OK that FOX'News' lies because all of the other news outlets do too? Is that what you're saying?

Are you saying that Fox News is not allowed to lie but the others can?
See how that works.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well if you read the OP, which it's looking like you didn't, I have a strong dislike for all of the MSM...so it's not ok that anybody lies...
edit on 27-6-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Wow... Just wow

Really

WOW just WOW.

Don't like Fox News Don't Watch it.

The obvious 'solution' is OBVIOUS.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

FOX'NEWS' poster boy! Hilarious, and sad. Glad I don't live next to this guy.

Better than being a poster boys for nazi book burning.

Such as the Fox News haters.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Honestly I don't even think it's about big money's agenda... I think it's all about Rupert Murdoch's agenda. Part of which seems to be tearing the western world apart for whatever reason, either that or he just understands all too well that he could make billions creating a place for people to have a circle jerk.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
A note on "liberal" media.

Conservatives see any news outlet that doesn't spew the same thing Fox News does as "liberal." If CNN or MSNBC isn't raving like a lunatic about Obama, Benghazi, Bergdahl, Obamacare, or Global Warming being a scam then ipso facto they are "librul."

This is what the rest of us in a somewhat saner reality have termed "epistemic closure" for conservatives. They only trust sources in their own little media bubble. Anything outside the bubble is to be considered propaganda. Its impossible to communicate with conservatives as a result. Best to let them burn themselves out with anger, hatred, and fear.
edit on 27-6-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The agenda of the left is to do whatever they want and persecute anyone who says it isn't perfect. They believe in the end justifies the means and the end is, as always, what they want. Power, money and control. FOX reports the other side and that makes them evil to the left. "How dare you speak against me?"

Well...everyone and everything needs an opposition, otherwise there is no truth. FOX forces the (currently in power) left to be judged...and they don't like it. Especially when their ignorance, lies and true goals are spelled out. So...that goodness for FOX News. The leash around the neck of the left.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I get that we need people on all sides of the political spectrum keeping all the other sides of the political spectrum honest. We do need a right wing media to call out the democrat BS and we also need left leaning media to call out the republican BS. A right leaning media outlet like Fox news is absolutely necessary.

However, what we have is far from a right leaning media outlet to keep the left in line. Oh it does that... but then it devolves into hateful rhetoric and lunacy. I understand that we have a counterpart like MSNBC and they at times are just as wacky for the other side, but there's a big difference. MSNBC isn't full of hateful, lunatics.

That's why there is hate for FOX News. Fox news and talk radio are so loud and obnoxious that I even know those people by name. The only person I can name on the left is Rachael Maddow and I probably spelled her name wrong and couldn't tell you the last time she said something hateful or offensive...she is just too annoying to listen to.

So at Fox and on talk radio, you have known lunatics like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. They actually get airtime! Then you have the second tier who are a little less hateful and offensive, but just as rude and whiny and divisive like Hannity and O'Reilly That's just 4 of the top ones.

The other thing that irks me is that those guys never call anyone out on their side. Why? A republican says something about raising taxes...they keep silent. A republican says something wacky or commits some kind of sexual misconduct and we hear nothing from them. Dead silence.

They even Hate Soccer for God's sake. The most popular sport in the world! And here's a news flash, if you don't like Soccer, don't watch it! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join