It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Such Hate For Fox News Specifically?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I really don't understand it, to be honest. I mean, I strongly dislike fox news as well. But I strongly dislike all mainstream media. The entire MSM is a big mechanism to form the context, assumptions, and norms on politics as well as many aspects of our lives. It seems that their purpose is to pre-define what is considered a 'normal' viewpoint, and then like magic almost everyone thinks that way. Not because that range of viewpoints really are the only legitimate ones, or that even really is the natural way for most people to think. But they create those norms, and then it is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But people act like fox news SPECIFICALLY is so bad. Like anytime anyone sources fox news, people are like 'LOL yea like I'm gonna take anything fox news says seriously.' Why? I mean, it's just mainstream media...which means that there's some limit to their ability to just straight up make things up, just like any other MSM outlet, and it also means that they're going to distort thing to fit into the pre-defined narrative. Just like any other mainstream media outlet. It's slightly different, because they proclaim themselves to be 'conservative,' but that's just so that the people who consider themselves conservative have a mainstream media outlet which can condition their minds into the pre-formed mold of state-approved ideology.

My point is this. There is no reason to single out fox news specifically, as if they're just awful and all the other MSM outlets are just terrific. They're all awful. They're all trying to indoctrinate us into a pre-defined world-view, and thus they are 'bad' for free thinking. But again, this is what they all do...fox just overtly focuses on the other side of the pre-defined coin.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Really? You don't know the answer to this?

Have you ever really watched Fox News and compared them to the others? Sure they are all bad but Fox or Faux News as many call it is a special kind of stupid.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Have you ever really watched Fox News and compared them to the others? Sure they are all bad but Fox or Faux News as many call it is a special kind of stupid.

You mean like MSNBC?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It's obvious partisanship will run rampid (sp?) here and that takes a special kind if stupid. Reality is it's all jealousy driven due to the massive ratings divide between the networks. CNN, CNBC, MSNBC etc have all plummeted and right now FOX is sky rocketing. Eventually the tide will turn but who knows when certainly not any time soon.
edit on 26-6-2014 by bkfd54 because: Editing

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Fox News stole my father from me. It is worse than crack. It's all he watches. He now perceives me as a communist queer. Neither of which are remotely the case. I am apolitical and love the women.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

You mean like MSNBC?

Fox is much worse then MSNBC. I can't stand either to be honest but Fox is just bad. It's like entertainment tv. HLN is right behind them too.
edit on 6/26/2014 by mblahnikluver because: fix quotes

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
For me personally I dislike fox news because they refuse to acknowledge the bilderberg group, the bohemian grove,some of the hosts always want us to drop "peace bombs" all the time and they are nothing more than a corporate mouth peice just like all MSM, the lack of talk about mkultra.... I could go on and on

But with all that being said I hate all MSM especially msnbc

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Cause they are just the worst of the worst.
Especially bill, and his "no spin zone" He just calls it as he sees it

But they just grab anything they can that the left did and just run with it.
Cnn does the same to the right, just not as nearly as bad, they have some tact about it.
Just them having Cheney up there for the past week and stroking his ego and praising what he did and just taking his word as gosple in what needs to be done now.
/rant over

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Fox News

Fox News ended Q1 2014 solidly in first place, in both the 25-54 demo and total viewers. Fox continued to beat CNN and MSNBC combined in total viewers across all day parts. In total day, Fox averaged 1.099M total viewers and 225K in the demo, up 3% and 5% respectively from Q1 2013. In prime time (8-11pm), Fox averaged 1.804M total viewers and 293K in the demo, up 4% and 5% respectively from Q1 2013. By comparison, CNN and MSNBC were either flat or down in those same categories compared to last year.

www.mediaite.com...

Sadly, many follow the herd. And what I mean by that is, Fox-hate is generated by CNN and MSNBC and many are vocal in their hatred for that.

Fox is #1 in News when compared to CNN and MSNBC.

There are more people that go to Fox for their news than any other cable news organization. (see above)

Reason #2? Fox is conservative. Highly conservative. The more liberal people and outlets can't stand that.

It provides the conservative bias against the liberal bias in CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS.

It is the only network that does provide an alternative to the MSM slop being fed to the masses.

Is it just as biased?

Of course.

But it works for them. They get the viewers, the advertisers are happy, the bottom line is good.

Why change it?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The grand premise of replacing news and cogent comment with falsehoods, contempt and vitriol.

link   
Fox news? Fox eat mice and beezzers for breakfast... fox thrive on Wrabbits.

Why should we like Fox.

A friend of mine is 83 and he watches Fox news every day. Now he seems to be a runnaway conspiracy theorist, more than I ever was. I don't watch Fox news.
edit on 26-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
I really don't understand it, to be honest. I mean, I strongly dislike fox news as well. But I strongly dislike all mainstream media.

And therein lies the key. NBC is at least as far left as Fox is far right. MSNBC is even worse. ABC and CBS, in that order, are right behind NBC. The vast majority of folks who diss Fox lean left - quite a ways left - and are blind to the political bent of the other networks simply because they (the dissers) have their own bias reinforced by the leftist networks. You know, remove the log from your own eye, etc.

To be clear, I am in complete agreement with you - I strongly dislike all msm, regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum. True objective journalism died a long time ago. IMO, Tom Brokaw was the last journalist willing to give all sides of an issue a fair hearing. Every talking head today puts his/her personal agenda over unbiased reporting.
edit on 26-6-2014 by Cohen the Barbarian because: Poor proofing.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's easy to point to a few instances of Fox saying some crazy # and be like, 'wow yea they're a bunch of nutjobs over there. Can't take anything they say seriously.' But I've also seen crazy # like that said on all the other outlets. Obviously certain types of crazy viewpoints are more likely to be on fox specifically, just like certain other types of crazy viewpoints are more likely to be on, say, MSNBC.

Also, to be clear, I don't think Fox is actually representative of true conservatism...just like the rest of the MSM isn't representative of true liberalism...pure ideologies are absolutely not represented in general public discourse. It's very pre-defined to fit into a basic ideology which underlies the whole political discourse. And then you advertise a certain type of crazy which some 'conservatives' espouse, and another type of crazy which some 'liberals' espouse, and then people fall for the illusion that what the public discourse calls 'conservative' and 'liberal' really are so different, even though they are flip sides of the same coin. And, to boot, what we call 'conservative' isn't even consistent with true conservative ideology, just like what we call 'liberal' isn't consistent with true liberal ideology. Thus we get this hodgepodge of nonsense that we call 'normal,' and the potential good that lies in those actual ideologies don't even get represented.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I nearly fell off of my chair...that's priceless...my parents sort of give me the look when I call them out on some of the fox bull but I also have to state that I despise MSNBC just as much..I always tell them to watch our local news stations but just like ATS people need that fix. People believe what they want and align themselves to what they most wish things to be or look like..

Stoners hung with stoners, jocks with jocks and the preppy kids hung with the preppy kids...why should news or politics be any different??

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Why should we like Fox.

A friend of mine is 83 and he watches Fox news every day. Now he seems to be a runnaway conspiracy theorist, more than I ever was. I don't watch Fox news.

What does The Fox Say?

(lolz)

Not this bunny!

But seriously, if Fox sucked as bad as many say, then it wouldn't be #1.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The curious use/over use, of adverbs and adjectives. Well it's not curious, it's slanted agenda.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Exactly! News and commentary is a business. There are rooms filled with people trying to figure out how to get a
bigger piece of market share. The producers will do whatever is necessary to keep the advertising dollars coming in.
And apparently, stoking the fires of right wing conservationism works for Fox.

Newton Minow was correct when he described TV as a "Vast Wasteland" except for "Breaking Bad", that was pure genius and I was blessed to be part of that project.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'd have t say that BSG and Firefly ranked higher, but I get your point.

There was a market for it.

Fox is supplying it.

Imagine, if MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, PBS were all conservative.

Fox would be the only liberal outlet because there was a vacuum. Fox just filled what was missing.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
" Why Such Hate For Fox News Specifically? "

Popularity and extreme ultra jealousy.

MSNBC caters to Progressives, Left Wing and Liberal factions.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: rickymouse

Why should we like Fox.

What does The Fox Say?

(lolz)

Not this bunny!

But seriously, if Fox sucked as bad as many say, then it wouldn't be #1.

Actually you will find that the majority of FOX watchers are senor citizens. You know the people that can't figure out how to use the channel changer. Over 50% of the people that watches FOX are 68 and older. FOX is the retirement community of MSM.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join