It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Such Hate For Fox News Specifically?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: thesaneone

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

What kind of lies do they tell on a daily basis?

Do all other media outlets tell no lies?

How about you go back a page or so - if that - and read my other post about how they all lie, but fox just lies more and does it in a way that baffles anyone with their head screwed on right.

This one?

It's not as though all news isn't completely stupid and carefully selected, it's just that fox news has a special lead on every other competitor for those thing. They are especially stupid and their news even more carefully selected.

How is " they are especially stupid and their news even more carefully selected" an example that they lie any more then the other guy?

Fine. You disagree. Get over it, move on and have a nice cup of tea. Jesus frigging christ.

Lol, chill dude you responded to my post what did you want me to do not answer you?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: MagicWand67

Fox is not a news channel they are an entertainment news channel.

I do not understand how anyone can find this drivel entertaining unless they are a mentally impaired sociopath.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Why do people hate Fox News? Maybe because it's a horrible news outlet...

Seriously, i don't care that Fox News is the most viewed news outlet in the USA. The fact is, they are biased in their reporting, and are privately owned by Rupert Murdoch, an Australian-turned-American with clear agendas (hint, he favours the political right). Australians know Rupert's influence well, as his Australian newspapers reach roughly 70% of the population.

This is how Fox News works:

Let's analyse ObamaCare. No, we won't get a balanced perspective by interviewing both, a senior Democrat and a senior Republican. We'll just get Mitt Romney to jump on and slam it with us.

Such tactics are inherently biased and are horrible excuses for journalism. Similar instances can be seen down here in Australia. Our Newspapers report the same, slanted biased # that Fox News does. Here's some examples of the biased political reporting of Rupert's news outlets in Australia:

And when Rupert's favoured side won the election?

See what i mean? The same slanted crap that Rupert-owned news outlets in the USA engage in. In fact, here's just one example in the USA:

Now obviously, newspapers are allowed to formally endorse candidates, but the crap that these news outlets engage in, is just horrible and should not be treated as journalism, but rather, propaganda. I am lucky in that i can consume their news while disregarding their biased spin. It is a skill which i feel everyone should learn.

Fox News is nothing but propaganda. That said, they are not alone, as every other privately owned 'news' outlet has their agendas too.

P.S. Fox news is mostly only good for comedy.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: MagicWand67

Fox is not a news channel they are an entertainment news channel.

I do not understand how anyone can find this drivel entertaining unless they are a mentally impaired sociopath.

As a mentally impaired sociopath, I would only point out that in order to obtain a full spectrum analysis of current events, Fox News has to be viewed.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
If it wasn`t for the mouthpieces at fox exposing the mass corruption coming from the left we`d never know about it.Lets get real here,none of the other msm outlets told us whether the arms smuggler state congressman in Cali. was a dem or rep,same goes for the convicted mayors of Detroit, New Orleans,Deerborne,Washington DC,OR CONGRESSMAN JESSE JACKSON jr.,all of whom are in prison without us being told they are democrats.But MSNBC dug back 50 years to tell us Romney cut a kids hair in high school against his will,and lets not forget the 6 month blitz on the rep. gov. of Jersey-over a traffic pile up.
Fox is not perfect but at least they`ll question the potus about his motives instead of turning a blind eye as the country goes over a cliff.Nobody but fox is reporting on Benghazi,the IRS scandal, the deal we made with terrorists to release the equivalent of 5 terrorist generals for a deserter and a large sum of cash,executive overreach, etc etc.
Liberals learned a long time ago that often times yelling loudest and creating mayhem will substitute for not having the facts on your side, and this a prime example.Everyone says they here fox is the worst blah blah blah,yet they have twice the ratings as anyone else. Always suspect a blowhards facts, often times they don`t pan out.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

and worst of the worst, that fat finger pointing falafel and loofa wielding utterly contemptible 'shut up shut up shut up' pinhead smugface O'Liely.

I really doubt that O'Rielly even knows what a falafel is.

The rest seems accurate though.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

But the only reason they are reporting it is because a democrat is in office...
They all go from 6 to midnight any time they start talking bad about obama.
O riely just gets it from hearing himself talk
All their talks end in, vote republican to fix these problems, how is that fair and balanced.
Those ratings are inflated and just because they are #1 doesn't they are right or do something right.
Just shows that a lot of tv's on are that channel.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

How about you go back a page or so - if that - and read my other post about how they all lie, but fox just lies more and does it in a way that baffles anyone with their head screwed on right.

This one?

It's not as though all news isn't completely stupid and carefully selected, it's just that fox news has a special lead on every other competitor for those thing. They are especially stupid and their news even more carefully selected.

How is " they are especially stupid and their news even more carefully selected" an example that they lie any more then the other guy?

Fine. You disagree. Get over it, move on and have a nice cup of tea. Jesus frigging christ.

Lol, chill dude you responded to my post what did you want me to do not answer you?

As long as you don't tell me you actually think fox 'news' is any sort of reliable news source. I don't know how many times it needs to be admitted that very few news sources are any good, but surely fox 'news' has got to be one of the worst - if not the worst.

Rupert Murdoch is absolute human filth and all you have to do is look at news corp 'news' across the world to see the shameless agenda and lack of actual news, let alone ethical and unbiased reporting.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

If someone is recognized as a habitual liar, why should his word be listened to?
If some media outlet is known for the rituals of dumbing people down, why should they be listened to?

Really, some sources are so bad that they should just be discarded. There is no excuse to listening voluntarily to something so hateful, so completely without having second thoughts about anything, just full of rants and spewing insults in the faces of people with their minds screwed the right way on?

On a completely unrelated topic: I see no use in watching fox.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Fox News stole my father from me. It is worse than crack. It's all he watches. He now perceives me as a communist queer. Neither of which are remotely the case. I am apolitical and love the women.

This is hilarious.

And the exact same thing that happened to me.

# Fox News and # CNN and MSNBC. Watch RT News. It gives the inside scoop on many things our MSM is too scared to cover. I think almost every conspiracy that has ever been validated on ATS was already talked about on RT News. It would put ATS out of business if everyone followed it.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: rickymouse
Fox news? Fox eat mice and beezzers for breakfast... fox thrive on Wrabbits.

Why should we like Fox.

A friend of mine is 83 and he watches Fox news every day. Now he seems to be a runnaway conspiracy theorist, more than I ever was. I don't watch Fox news.

What does The Fox Say?

(lolz)

Not this bunny!

But seriously, if Fox sucked as bad as many say, then it wouldn't be #1.

Actually you will find that the majority of FOX watchers are senor citizens. You know the people that can't figure out how to use the channel changer. Over 50% of the people that watches FOX are 68 and older. FOX is the retirement community of MSM.

Gee, maybe its because senors come from a generation when there was respect and integrity, whereas, those in the younger "must have" spoiled generation live for sensationalism and cant deal with the real world. Thats why Fox gets bashed -- because the immature of our society can't deal with the truth that Fox delivers.

Al Sharpton. REALLY???????

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Lol, check out opensecret.com and check out how newscorp donates money. Then check out how the other people donate money. Always follow the money.

If Fox was so conservative, why would the Fox network air such Liberal shows? Can Glee get any more liberal?

The Fox News debate is just to divide the masses, it's a game that sucks most of us in.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
Fox is much worse then MSNBC.

Comeon .... Mika Brzezinski, Al Sharpton, Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, Rachael Maddow, Keith Olbermann, Martin Brashhir .... Dylan Ratigan photoshopping Sara Palin pictures ... Melissa Harris-Perry mocking Mitt Romney's family adopting a black child .... etc etc .... if these idiots don't smack of absurdity then nothing does.

Forbes - MSNBC The Most Opinionated Cable News Channel By Far

If you’re like most cable news viewers, you probably think the channel you favor has a monopoly on the facts and the other ones are nothing more than a bunch of ranting. In fact, which cable network is the most opinionated is not a matter of opinion. It’s MSNBC.

A full 85% of the Comcast-owned network’s coverage can be classified as opinion or commentary rather than straight news, according to the authors of the Pew Research Center’s annual State of the News Media report. CNN and Fox News Channel, meanwhile, fall much closer to a 50/50 distribution, with Fox News skewing somewhat more heavily toward opinion.

MSNBC Official Tagline

What Progressives Have Been Waiting For.

MSNBC - only 15% of MSNBC is Actual Factual Reporting

In the Pew Research Center's 2013 "State of the News Media" report, MSNBC was found to be the most opinionated news network, with 85% of the content being commentary or opinions, and only 15% of the content being factual reporting. The report also stated that MSNBC spends the least amount of money producing its news, only $240 million in 2012, compared to CNN, which spent $682 million, and Fox, which spent $820 million.

25 Examples of MSNBC Race Baiting and Lies

Rachael Maddow Caugh Lying about Koch Brothers

Politico - Is MSNBC Worse than Fox News

But see, that's the thing. Many of MSNBC's opinions aren't rooted in fact. Many of them are rooted in unfounded speculation. Melissa Harris-Perry's recent claim that Obamacare is a racially loaded term conceived of "by a group of wealthy white men who needed a way to put themselves above and apart from a black man" is based on... what? The fact that the term was first used by a woman? The fact that, from Reaganomics to Hillarycare, we've always ascribed names to signature policies and legislation?

MSNBCs Alternative Universe

“Biased” doesn’t cut it. To watch MSNBC for an afternoon is not so much to be given a slanted account of what is happening here in America, but instead to witness a series of discussions about current events in parallel America II... America II, as anyone who watches the channel will discover rather swiftly, hosts a supermajority of well-meaning multi-culti, progressive types whose foolproof plans for explosive economic growth, uniform social justice, and general human utopia are constantly being undone by a blossoming white-supremacist movement, split apart by neo-secessionists, and existentially threatened by traitors whose defining characteristic is a never-quite-explained hatred for progress. America II features no gray areas whatsoever: All local variation is apartheid, each and every identification requirement is the second coming of Jim Crow, all criticism of the government is sedition. It’s exhausting. ...

Perhaps the most startling thing about the network is that one doesn’t need to even infer or twist anything in order to wallow in the gratifying stupefaction that its hosts just said what they just said.... But with MSNBC, no such mendacity is necessary. No clever editing. No false contexts. One can just read the transcripts. They meant to say that. ... After all, what would one possibly add to Martin Bashir’s suggestions that someone should defecate in Sarah Palin’s mouth, that conservatives are using the acronym “IRS” as a stand-in for “n***er,” or that Ted Cruz is the “David Koresh” of the Republican party? What could be achieved by sexing up Chris Matthews’s conviction that tea partiers “still count blacks as three-fifths” of a person, or that the perpetrators of 9/11 “just have a different perspective”? What might a worker bee charged with feeding the outrage machine do to make more impressive Joy Reid’s asseveration that Republicans are “resentful” of “post-1964 America,” or to improve upon Ed Schultz’s faith that “God supports Obamacare,” or to render more absurd Michael Eric Dyson’s contention that Eric Holder is “the chief lawgiver” and the “Moses of our time”? ['/ex]

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Because they are propagandists. The media used to be on our side, they would question everything the government did. Now they work for the government and they only question what they are told to.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't watch any of the MSM 'news' outlets (at least not for more than traffic, sports, or weather).

That being said, I agree with Beezer that the hate is pushed by the jealousy of the liberal networks. They wish they had Fox's viewership, thus, they do anything they can to discredit Fox, that Fox isn't already doing to itself.

ALL MSM 'news' networks are corporate mouthpieces. There's no other way to put it. Fox is no worse than the others. In fact, Fox is FAR less fanatical in its ideology than the others (CNN, and MSNBC, primarily).

This hatred of Fox has grown (mostly) out of the Bush bashing that came during the end of Dubya's term in office. He left, so Fox is now the Devil (as well as anyone with a conservative mindset), according to those other 'news' networks.

One more point, Beezer mentioned that Fox was highly conservative; I disagree. They aren't nearly conservative enough.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I don't get it either. The MSM as a whole is so bad nowadays that I've resorted to getting more of my news from YOU GUYS than from them. How sad is that?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This one?

As long as you don't tell me you actually think fox 'news' is any sort of reliable news source. I don't know how many times it needs to be admitted that very few news sources are any good, but surely fox 'news' has got to be one of the worst - if not the worst.

I think Fox News is just as reliable as any other news outlet.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I resemble that remark, being 63. LOL.

I, of course, will rebut.

I/we were raised watching 3, count em, THREE channels. ABC, NBC and CBS. That's it. All funded/financed by the same cough, cough, "advertisers". We actually had to get up, walk over to the TV and physically change the channel...exercise!

Which scenario has the higher potential for manipulation? The answer is obvious. The old one.

Age, you omit from your post, has the potential for wisdom. Read that experience. Especially first hand knowledge of the "then" vs the "now".

With caveats, many of us prefer that "then" to this "now". Fox has taken advantage of that segment of the population, obviously. The number is increasing as we speak. Partially due to an aging population, partially to the inevitable swinging back of the pendulum as the unworkablity of the current trends becomes more and more apparent.

On a personal level, the "hate" for Fox is my measuring stick for it's agenda. The more hate they engender, the better I like it.

A little secret, I get more "news" from facebook than all the traditional media outlets combined, including Fox.

The current "media" is like a smorgasbord. Items selected judiciously, the remainder left untouched.

That method requires some wisdom, some life experience, to be effective. Yet, it is still limited by my own "comfort zone".

Bottom line is no one knows, in the long run, who "wins out" or who will prove right, cough, cough.

edit on 27-6-2014 by nwtrucker because: keyboard dysleksia...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This one?

Not at all reliable? Some are more reputable than others.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

This one?

Not at all reliable? Some are more reputable than others.

I will agree with you if you can show me how Fox News is worst then any other news company.

Take your time I have nothing going on today except soaking in the pool.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join