It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Such Hate For Fox News Specifically?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I bet you watch Fox News.

Is that an attempt to troll? Why on earth would I bother? I watch ABC news Australia and take my sources from many around the globe.

I have no need for fox 'news'.

I bet you do, though.

Your right I assumed and I owe you an apol... Wait how do you know Fox News lies all the time.

link   

a reply to: neo96

The freedom to say what one cares to say doesn't necessarily mean that person or group is right or correct and in the case of this so-called 'news' organisation, they are harming public knowledge.

Hopefully, those who watch it can tell the difference between what it real news and what isn't, but I don't hold hope.

HEY ?

When it comes to politics truth never enters into that GD equation.

Politics is about the PERCEPTION of REALITY.

As Tsun Tszu says:

All warfare is based on deception.

Both LEFT and RIGHT give as good as they get.

So the issue is WHAT ?

As previously said.

DON'T LIKE FOX NEWS DON'T WATCH IT.

link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Not going to happen, unless the 'progressives' make it illegal to watch. Surely we have all heard of net neutrality.

The average age of a Fox News viewer is 68.8 years old.

Current average lifespan of a U.S. citizen is around 79 years.

So I guess they have about a decade left.
edit on 27-6-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
How many here want to see Fox News banned from the airwaves?

Anyone?

I'd be cool with that idea. I think all propaganda should be banned, including the left's

I wouldn't mind a more responsible conservative voice, give all the conservative views you want, just don't be the asshole that promotes division and champions the right to lie.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: TheJourney

Does anyone actually read threads? Lol. I've said over and over that I strongly dislike all MSM, including Fox News. So your post is entirely invalid...but yea...reading before responding would be useful, for future reference...who would've thought?

Sorry I'm not used to people defending things they're against.

You responded to a post explaining why fox is wrong, by mockingly letting someone know others are wrong...it's not my fault I seen your justifications as justifications. When someone tells me fox sucks, I don't make counter arguments, i just agree.

I'm not 'defending what I'm against.' People illogically single out this one news organization, as if they are uniquely bad. My point is the entire MSM is bad...to so extremely single one out just gives increased credibility to the others, which is wrong...the problem is the whole establishment and paradigm behind mainstream media itself.
edit on 27-6-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I bet you watch Fox News.

Is that an attempt to troll? Why on earth would I bother? I watch ABC news Australia and take my sources from many around the globe.

I have no need for fox 'news'.

I bet you do, though.

Your right I assumed and I owe you an apol... Wait how do you know Fox News lies all the time.

It's fox, it's murdoch. I'm confident that it's mostly complete garbage. I could be wrong, but if you ask any Australian, even the stupidest will give you the answer that the man and his companies are not to be trusted. Some of us even know him and his family and can tell you that for a certainty.

I suppose if you apologised for the assumption it's my deal to do the same for a rude reply.

It's just rather frustrating to see the American bickering about left and right and liberal and conservative, from an outside perspective - especially when you are pretty well sure you can see what they often can't, or refuse to.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
More than anything, Fox News is designed to entertain and dumb down the masses. Frankly, anyone quoting Fox as a source is a fool.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith

originally posted by: amazing Then you have the second tier who are a little less hateful and offensive, but just as rude and whiny and divisive like Hannity and O'Reilly That's just 4 of the top ones.

O'Reilly called a doctor that performed abortions "Tiller the Baby Killer" or otherwise ranted about him 28 times on his TV program until he was ultimately murdered at his own church by a pro-life fanatic.

Is that a "little less hateful and offensive" to you?

OH, I can't stand the guy, but he's not as bad and Coulter or Limbaugh.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: rickymouse
Fox news? Fox eat mice and beezzers for breakfast... fox thrive on Wrabbits.

Why should we like Fox.

A friend of mine is 83 and he watches Fox news every day. Now he seems to be a runnaway conspiracy theorist, more than I ever was. I don't watch Fox news.

What does The Fox Say?

(lolz)

Not this bunny!

But seriously, if Fox sucked as bad as many say, then it wouldn't be #1.

Actually you will find that the majority of FOX watchers are senor citizens. You know the people that can't figure out how to use the channel changer. Over 50% of the people that watches FOX are 68 and older. FOX is the retirement community of MSM.

hey now buster....i'm 61, and I tried to watch FOX several times, but I can no longer do it. I once shorthanded their top "discussions" on a piece of paper, then went and looked up their sources, a lot of them were taken out of context, misrepresented, quotes from their own political shows, and out and out lies. and the other stations do not use "BREAKING NEWS ALERT", in big letters across the bottom when they quote some crap said by ted cruz...or, keep saying over and over "fair and balanced" when a person with an IQ of 80 knows that they are not. they also use a big "waving American flag" like it's their own company logo, implying that they (FOX) are the "true American TV station"...even when their owner is Australian.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

They believe in the end justifies the means and the end is, as always, what they want. Power, money and control.

Wow. So - you mean, like, "Corporations are people"?
Or - "money = free speech"?
Or maybe - "Lobbyists are benign"??

edit on 6/27/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

You're wrong. Yes MSNBC alters tapes to make people sound racist. Yes CNN was under the desk with Monica during Clinton's presidency. Yes Dan Rather and CBS knowingly made false accusations about Bush. But do you know what? Every single one of those organizations is still a news agency, they're held to journalistic standards. When they deviate from those standards they lose credibility (this is why they have little left). Fox has also made up lies, if that was it we could just say they're all bad and be done with it. Fox took it a step further though, they went to court, spent millions of dollars, and successfully argued that they are an entertainment distributor and not a news distributor. They have no journalistic obligation to report the truth, and often times they don't. That is the difference between Fox and everyone else.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

And they have money. And advertisers like that.

It's a business. Filling a niche.

Sometimes older is wiser, but who cares if they have money?

This is why Fox is bad. There's the truth and the facts and there's opinion pieces about those facts. A news organization should be providing facts. Fox does not do that.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i like fox news.

i like beck and the blaze also.

used to watch cnn and bbc. got sick of them.

ats is like having both sides in one thread. convenient but way more partisan. imo.

or should i say, talking points rule the left here.

one actually hears more news/issues on fox than the other channels.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
On the chance that some are still interested in learning about things, instead of telling everyone else that they know all about it, I'll offer this link.

The idea that FOX won the "right to lie" or admitted they lied, in that lawsuit in 2003 appears to be completely false.

Or in other words: FOX DID NOT WIN THE "RIGHT TO LIE," NOR DID THEY ADMIT THEY LIED.
www.campaignfreedom.org...

Sure, it's a long article, but I'm afraid that if I picked out bits and pieces to quote, you'd reject the whole thing. Please, if you still have that idea, glance over the article, then comment on the facts and the logic

You'll note, among other things, that the law suit was not filed against Fox, but against a single television station which was a Fox affiliate. You'll also learn that the case was a personnel action about illegal firing, and didn't address the question of whether the story was true or a lie. That's basically an Internet emotional rallying cry now, unrelated to the facts.

This may not solve all the issues, but I hope it will move the discussion to a more sane level.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I read your article. Now watch this video

I like hearing it direct from the source.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

My point is this. There is no reason to single out fox news specifically

While I share your general distaste for most MSM; in my eyes Fox does top my list for a very legitimate reason.

Fox tore down the wall. They actually fought for the ability to lie/distort news, and eventually won the ruling in the Akre case. This action set the legal precedent for the wonderful MSM mess we see today where "news" outlets often don't even bother pretending to hide their lies and distortions. Any former journalistic obligations to truth and integrity flew out the window that day.

"News" outlets are simply corporations whose sole purpose is to make money through advertising. Today it's nothing more than "infotainment" to sell commercial time slots. Fox going to bat for the "right to lie" earns it my "top spot", and other outlets have merely been riding Fox's legal precedent ever since.
edit on 6/28/14 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

While I share your general distaste for most MSM; in my eyes Fox does top my list for a very legitimate reason.

Fox tore down the wall. They actually fought for the ability to lie/distort news, and eventually won the ruling in the Akre case. This action set the legal precedent for the wonderful MSM mess we see today where "news" outlets often don't even bother pretending to hide their lies and distortions. Any former journalistic obligations to truth and integrity flew out the window that day.

"News" outlets are simply corporations whose sole purpose is to make money through advertising. Today it's nothing more than "infotainment" to sell commercial times slots. Fox going to bat for the "right to lie" earns it my "top spot", and other outlets have merely been riding Fox's legal precedent ever since.

Yep, but the customer base for msnbc and fox are way different!! Msnbc is selling there propaganda to more intellectual liberals. So the same level of lies don't work. Fox is playing to some of the most ignorant easily manipulated people America has to offer. Msnbc is only able to twist the truth
While fox is able to break it right the hell off.

Msnbc pulls the heart strings to try and play to liberals.

Fox plays to consiracy theory evangelicals. Anti science, pro life, the black helicopter's are comming yahoos.

It's two completely different sales pitches. One far more district I've then the other.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

originally posted by: redmage

"News" outlets are simply corporations whose sole purpose is to make money through advertising. Today it's nothing more than "infotainment" to sell commercial times slots. Fox going to bat for the "right to lie" earns it my "top spot", and other outlets have merely been riding Fox's legal precedent ever since.

Yep, but the customer base for msnbc and fox are way different!! Msnbc is selling there propaganda to more intellectual liberals. So the same level of lies don't work. Fox is playing to some of the most ignorant easily manipulated people America has to offer. Msnbc is only able to twist the truth
While fox is able to break it right the hell off.

Msnbc pulls the heart strings to try and play to liberals.

Fox plays to consiracy theory evangelicals. Anti science, pro life, the black helicopter's are comming yahoos.

It's two completely different sales pitches. One far more district I've then the other.

Maybe it's late but you made no sense especially the last sentence.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Yep, but the customer base for msnbc and fox are way different!! Msnbc is selling there propaganda to more intellectual liberals.

no wonder the country is experiencing an intellectual breakdown.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Do you really think that? People are people, there's smart liberals and dumb liberals. Smart conservatives and dumb conservatives. Intellectually people are pretty much the same across the political divide. For every person out there Fox panders to over impeaching Obama over Benghazi or his birth certificate there's someone MSNBC or CNN or CBS pandered to over impeaching Bush over lying about Iraq, the Patriot Act, or something else.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join