It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman
The Green lantern... lol

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Thanks for the fast reply...my Pops was in the Air Force and his interest in planes rubbed off on me.I did a short stint in the Navy, and was going to A school to be an AME.But,before I could finish my first week of school I got into some trouble that got me kicked out of my A school(I was only 17 at the time).It was one of many HUGE mistakes I made that I now regret.

Man...If I would have finished that school and made a career of the Navy,I probably could have gotten a great job at an airline somewhere installing oxygen systems or something.

edit on 23-7-2014 by crazyeddie68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

sbir.nasa.gov...

TECHNICAL ABSTRACT (LIMIT 200 WORDS)

This proposal presents an innovative application of pulse detonation combustion (PDC) technology by combining a gas turbine (GT) cycle with pulse detonation combustors to create a hybrid GT/PDC engine. The proposed hybrid GT/PDC engine would offer significant performance advantages compared to constant pressure combustion engines, for SSTO low speed propulsion and hypersonic propulsion. In addition, the hybrid GT/PDC engine could result in a size, complexity and cost reduction relative to multiple engine "over/under" and variable cycle engines currently proposed for low and high speed applications.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: quatro

Also this thread broke into discussing two aircraft. One that was spotted with a green light. The other is literally a green light in the sky.

Guam, got the beaches, got the reefs, got a lot of things one would want. But I would look lower than that. Someplace a little more in the center of it all.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
a reply to: Astr0

sbir.nasa.gov...

TECHNICAL ABSTRACT (LIMIT 200 WORDS)

This proposal presents an innovative application of pulse detonation combustion (PDC) technology by combining a gas turbine (GT) cycle with pulse detonation combustors to create a hybrid GT/PDC engine. The proposed hybrid GT/PDC engine would offer significant performance advantages compared to constant pressure combustion engines, for SSTO low speed propulsion and hypersonic propulsion. In addition, the hybrid GT/PDC engine could result in a size, complexity and cost reduction relative to multiple engine "over/under" and variable cycle engines currently proposed for low and high speed applications.

That's what you get when you can get to your laptop. Sources.

Che

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

My guess would be Diago Garcia.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

A better guess would be DiEgo Garcia.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Its not Diego garcia. Lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Isn't there some formula in order to reach low earth orbit? Like 90% of the weight of the vehicle had to be fuel?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

It's certainly not Diago Garcia.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's certainly not Diago Garcia.

Seychelles? lol

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I know! its margaritaville AFB!! grren is th ecolor of my fav drink made with tequila.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Diego might not have the runway length to land this thing. But it's gotta be somewhere south of California in my opinion. Maybe somewhere near SE Asia.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Diego is in the Indian ocean near the equator. There wouldn't be a suitable divert base for a test aircraft there, and the runway might be long enough. It was on the list for the shuttle after all. But also there's not enough support facilities there in my opinion. (Yes I've been there several times)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Thorneblood

I haven't checked yet. I only just got the email a short time ago and fired off some questions to the usual suspects. Hoping to hear back from them.

Who are the usual suspects? I had no idea you rubbed elbows with defense/aeronautics insiders.

Rule of thumb: When someone writes a thread about nothing with no proof, it's probably malarky.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hmmm. So it's gotta be a base with a decent length runway and other similar runways nearby in case SHTF. Someplace not acknowledged?

..... (thinking)

..... (sadly still thinking)

..... Austrailia?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

You have no idea who I rub elbows with, and if you choose not to believe anything in this thread, then that's up to you. But there's quite a bit of evidence that has come up in this thread that there is something remarkably similar to what was seen over California flying around.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

ahhhh...noooo. in this case many of the people here know exactly what they are talking about. Some of them know so much they have to re read their posts before they hit send to make sure they don't get angry phone calls and knocks on their door.

Besides, some of the people on this thread have actually SEEN this bird in question and know it exists.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You have no idea who I rub elbows with, and if you choose not to believe anything in this thread, then that's up to you. But there's quite a bit of evidence that has come up in this thread that there is something remarkably similar to what was seen over California flying around.

I see zero evidence, just a whole bunch of speculation.

I don't have any idea who you rub elbows with - that's why I ask. Have any of your "in the know" friends responded? I don't think I can read all 35 pages of this thread.

Is it aliens!?

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join