It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyBizzler

oh God you're like a mini version of me, only less annoying to zaphod.

I too sought the answers to mysteries I had no business knowing. I salute your passion for unraveling perplexities. my best advice is learn all you can and get good a solving puzzles. and (the important bit) once you've figured things out keep your revelations to yourself. or you can pester me for answers and i can delonge you for the sake of the greater good with spoonfuls of delicious red herring.
edit on 18-2-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

My dad works for rolls as an engineer and has done for 25+ years, will ask what he knows
lol
edit on 19-2-2018 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Good, ask him about the link i provided in pg 180. Is it proprietary tech or did they get the idea somewhere?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Lol, I appreciate that, as well as the oh so subtle trolling.

I wonder if one of those patents was a version 2.0, an easier way to get your traveling pair to its final destination? You should check your messages and take a look at the grant application and the acknowledgement page. Seems that Raytheon wasn't the only one interested, and this one seems to have a very specific use case. Might even be a good 'primary' candidate to replace a "toxic, brittle material" and a few other things in something else entirely. A solid alternate for something that costs a million bucks a gram. It's hard to imagine that all of this research isn't intrinsically linked on some level. It also wouldn't surprise me if this is why Lockheed suddenly disappeared their fusion breakthrough. If you can do it in one, you can most assuredly repeat the process in a less contained manner.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I wonder if one of those patents was a version 2.0, an easier way to get your traveling pair to its final destination?

Im pretty sure things have progressed more than the stuff they had in the 90,s.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I get where you guys may be going with this, but that's some literal 'Beam me up Scotty, Star Trek-level' s**t.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyBizzler

a limited use gamma laser would be pretty sweet. I'd want it as part of every naval vessels defensive suite. shoot down incoming missiles with it. maybe put it on a fighterjet as a pod. gamma rays can go through solid structures and kill the occupants. good for cas if there's a sniper holed up in some building..
somewhere...and he's picking off marines. have a viper irradiate the building. no more pesky sniper. I'd say use it possibly as a defensive laser on jets or bombers to take out a AA missile or two. not sure using it to clear out the crew would work. odds are the enemy plane can probably fly its self in the event the pilot or crew is dead.

thing is its pretty cool but not sure how many shots you'd get out of the thing before its out of juice. and I wouldn't want to be running around carrying a replacement pack of that stuff.
edit on 20-2-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Lead walled bomb with an explosive charge with a gamma source inside?..Depends on the irradiation duration.Not good for ground troops.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Too bad we can't just fax those photons to their destination.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How many pages can this thread go?

We've gone off the rails.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I guess we'll learn something about the ATS server one day...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
A ha! We in the PRNK are much happy today. We read thread between lines and now have air forces superior to decadent west! I can finally break cover and go home. We thank you.

Just wanted to say howdy to the busy beavers dancing around the outskirts of Guantanamo ... and anyone watching from sub or supra orbit. Love you guys.

And to the watchers... I'm far more clueless than BASSPLAYER ... go pick on (up) him.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I'm the king of clueless to be honest. there's a reason it doesn't say FSME on my avatar. cause I'm not.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR Hey Bassplayer,got a pretty good look at a Triangle/boomerang craft the other night.When it was going away I noticed the back of the fuselage was glowing a yellowish green color,is the green lady a v shaped plane?When it sped up I didn`t see the long tail of afterburners and it was hauling butt. It usually is slow,but when it speeds up its gone so fast I couldn`t even guess the speed I know at least half a dozen people who have seen the darn thing and it always seems to be headed toward the Virginia or North Carolina coast.I suspect it may be going to Langley since the CIA is there,but that's just a guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Some interesting points raised here.

Shielding wise it can easily take 16 inches or so of lead to shield gamma, but that is to to completely shield it. It doesn’t have to be completely shielded. Our cyclotron vault for example is 6 foot thick concrete and nothing gets out not even thermal neutrons. We use 70 mm lead for the hot cells and that takes the dose levels down to pretty much background. But in our case we’re only talking about 511keV gamma from 18F decay - shielding varies with energy.

If you take into account distance from source as well as shielding you may find you need a lot less than 16 inches of shielding to make the dose rate to crew negligible.

Lead is the most common shielding material, tungsten is also common and approx 25% thinner. Uranium is thinner still approx 40 % thinner than lead. Still very heavy though. Graphene is showing some interesting properties wrt shielding so that may be a route.

Positron shielding shouldn’t be too much of a worry as they tend to annihilate.

There is definitely interest in positrons for structural analysis

ac.els-cdn.com... ad7ab0f3f7b304980

WRT the ramjet idea, not sure how many positrons you’d need to generate to physically heat something.

If you take F18 generated from a cyclotron our average yield would be 600 GBq. If one bequerel is 1 disintegration per second we’re kicking out 600 Billion 511 keV bursts per second and 1.2 trillion positrons and it’s not even warm (and shielded by 70 mm lead)

Given the mass of a position is approx 1/1800th of an anti-proton it would seem the latter would be more efficient.

But anything that’s going to generate the required amounts of positrons etc is not going to be light. But what do I know I’m just a chemist

Bob

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Seems like a good replacement for Ole' King Arthurs' sword. Modulating the release with a microwave beam seems like a much better idea than snapping off illegal space peanuts to make it go.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Maybe...Just maybe...Electrostatic walls

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

no

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well I can finally say that I saw a fastmover in person! was in florida this weekend doing some family vacation stuff with the cousin and nieces at the beach on the panhandle. We were looking at stars, at approx. 8pm CST and I saw one moving fairly quick across the sky. from southern to northeastern direction but faster than an airliner, slower than a meteorite. Same visual reflection of lighting as a satellite, but it pulled S turns! At that point, I knew what I was seeing. No green lady style exhaust, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

There are a couple of them that are fun to see going by.

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join