It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

im still waiting on someone, anyone to say something about not the blue thing or the tri's or the green lady.

i live in upstate NY and may couple times a year there is something high fast and impressive, even if a bit older.

maybe i missed it but i feel like i've the only one who has seen it(i know that's not true)

really brings enertia into question.

baby steps i guess, even across the sky.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

que?

not blue, or green or a flying triangle, sooo maybe red or the color of a sodium light in appearance....but also bringing into question altered inertial metrics?

you're not the only one who's seen that. as to what it is. you're never going to get an answer to that from anyone who knows on a public board such as this.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

you dont count i was talking general public. lol

no on has said one word about the orange stepper to me ever. just saying. for real.

its an orange 'star' that steps in very long arc's and i imagine the enertia going from zero to 1/4 the horizon away on man or machine would be alot to overcome, obviously they did it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As much as i look up at night, im surprised i just saw my first one. Figured I'd have seen one or two prior especially on super dark nights where all the stars are visible in the country

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

it can do cooler stuff than that.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

im pretty sure it comes down or is launched west of me as the steps get progressively less violent and there are less of them.

its like, 'deadstop' than a one inch hop 'up' with the speed from the hop moving it forward, rinse and repeat across the sky, it covered my field of view that is almost the whole sky in 3-4 seconds 6ish hops/steps

as it got further away it looked like it was walking up a set of stairs.

that a pretty neat trick. so unless its SSTO or TSTO there isnt much else cool it could have.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nice bit of footage here buuuuuut please dont read the story..
Black Tri sighting

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
**As read in SNL's the Church Lady voice**

why?.... why don't you want us to read the story blackfinger?

is it because it has...

.....THE T WORD!!!!-

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

almost like a check mark in the shape it hops moving in pulses. or more like a odd shuffle were it stops then in a hard to explain psuedomotion squirts forward like a mouse cursor or like some type of cephalopod?

edit on 6-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

funny how its going flattened first.

i think i've seen that somewhere.

definitely looks really good, the only bad difference is the light blinking in the back. got the size right, the flat end first flight.

don't know if its real, but looks pretty good.

BASS:
yep as close as you could get

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

A fast moving yellowish star that does S-turns right? It's a manned craft. Seen it a couple of times now over Wisconsin. I thought it was the ISS until I realized how fast it was moving and proceeded to whip S turns like there was no tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

.....THE T WORD!!!!-

NO NOT THAT WORD!!!!Zaph will kill us slowly and messily ...Phew averted....

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

A fast moving yellowish star that does S-turns right? It's a manned craft. Seen it a couple of times now over Wisconsin. I thought it was the ISS until I realized how fast it was moving and proceeded to whip S turns like there was no tomorrow.

I've seen it once over Southern Ontario heading North. There's a post buried in this thread about it.

It was quite something to see.

Edit: It was suggested that perspective made it look like S-turns, but that it could be changes in altitude as well.
edit on 7-3-2018 by LeviB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You're gonna trigger me as well.

Please no T words

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just a few minutes,6:45 pm, ago over central cal again.
The candle yellow fast mover headed sw.
Again, it flared and sputtered before going out, except this time it turned to a red pin point and continued sw until out of sight.
Total time to cross 3/4 of the sky, 20-30 seconds

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Any visit Amberly LOL...Still waiting for a B1 to fly over North Brisvegas ...Sigh...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

We have seen that one in SW Wisconsin as well. The first time we were watching sats go over late one night and then one started doing s turns. I was glad three of us saw it.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Wait a sec. If it's doing tight s turns it's trying to slow down.

Is that something coming back down from space? Or just slowing down from some high speed.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Didn't the space shuttle used to do S-turns to bleed off kinetic energy upon re-entry?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
its an orange 'star' that steps in very long arc's and i imagine the enertia going from zero to 1/4 the horizon away on man or machine would be alot to overcome, obviously they did it.

Yes, the callsign for this craft is "hotstepper"

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join