It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gurumuka

what no. no fusion turbines.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
ah dont spoil it, another page and there would have been a disucssion about patents on warpdrive

In reality its very likley that no operational vehicle used anything but some sort of turboramjet variant.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Nope, we are jumping straight to the Millenium Falcon. Check out this linky about Aneutronic fusion power.
( you gotta love the TR3-B in it )

www.linkedin.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Im still waiting for Magjets
They went quiet quick...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Patience...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
By the way, RR is taking some ideas from Magjets:www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Could that be whats powering the Green Lady?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: myss427

The thread is here to make you think.

The polluted atmosphere seems rather dumb if you want to fly around in it.

What are your choices? Thermal, nuclear (not fusion because that does not pollute, or work, according to the “experts”), jet turbines, and electric. Then there is the combination of technologies.

Let’s make believe that Lockheed Martin has figured out nuclear fusion... which tech do you choose at that point??

Dream a bit, think like an engineer, and come to some conclusion!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

There's a lot of misunderstanding about fusion power. Most fusion reactions still produce neutrons. These will make materials used in the reactor radioactive over time. It will be far less so than what's left over from a fission reactor, but still. It would be the equivalent of what goes into WIPP.

There are aneutronic fusion reactions. Those are further away than even regular fusion.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Anzha,
I think you might want to look at T's rather excellent fusion thread.

Teot's Fusion Thread

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: myss427
Its something but not Fusion..

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I've read up on your explanation. I've read more about electron bunching and LWFA than I ever cared to. The thing I struggle with is how there is a petawatt class laser that can fit in an aircraft. The emitters may be "tabletop", but some of these capacitor banks like at UT Austin and NIF fill an enitre building. Even a terawatt, femtosecond laser is going to be a big mofo. Also, if your to believe the folks at UT, they expect to observe polarization in the exawatt range, well past the energy required for D-T fusion.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyBizzler

I haven't present my explanation on the greenladys propulsion or why the green. and I won't do so as that would be verboten. like really verboten.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I was referring to the other thing.

As far as the propulsion aspect goes, I do find it interesting that some of it comes back to Project Daedalus/Icarus. If any of this stuff is remotely true, we've made some very important leaps in game changing technologies for power generation and applications thereof.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

yeah wla isn't being used for that other thing. that other thing isn't a topic certain agencies have a sense of humor about seeing in public forums. don't believe I've associated wla with it either.

also no fusion for greenlady.

I'd look into a company called Girodyne. and what came out of their SRB42 program if you pay attention to subtle differences between that and their later SSP05 series you may find a bigger and more advanced sister to the Bird of Pray may be out there somewhere and that she can be found based in a certain desert.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Kessel Run when?
edit on 18-2-2018 by DirtyBizzler because: (no reason given)

You also can get to where your going with WLA, extremely short pulse durations, and a little bit of plasma bubble/electron bunching. You just need a BFL to get there.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I think plasma is more likely than anything to do fusion, and with her age being what it must be, never ask a lady her age, along with additives I imagine she's actually pretty much run of the mill(ish).

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I was speculating about another off-topic area of interest.

I would definitely agree that it is more run of the mill (if you could call it that). It is fun to speculate a little. The USAF was awful interested in Mr. PowerPoints ideas, enough to give him some money for a couple years on the books. He's since moved the show to Santa Fe, a convenient drive to LANL. Funny that they're trapping anti-matter behind a Sears. Even better that somehow they've made virtually no revenue doing it over the last 14 years besides the USAF grants. Maybe the government pays him in SYW points.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe look at other tech that has to do with sustaining high acceleration..Dilithium Crystals are cool..

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

rolls royce got the contract actually. investigate what they did with their N66 Cyclone powerplants. the thrust they put out was astronomical.

new topics

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join