It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex and conspiracy theorists...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I know what you mean, but when my husband is here, he doesn't count. He's one of those rare people who knows how to be there without being there if you know what I mean. Our son, however, doesn't fit that category. I don't hold it against him. He's 3; you're supposed to be self-important and self-involved at that age. If he wasn't constantly convinced that mommy and daddy have to be completely absorbed in everything he's doing, I'd be worried he was doing something he wasn't supposed to.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's the truth! If you have small kids and it gets quiet... You better run, not walk to find out what is going on. One minute they're playing Legos and Barbies, then the next minute not only is your bathroom on fire, but your hair is too.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There have been a few ATS marriages and babies. You never know, you may meet someone here.

So that may answer your OP question, yes 'nutters' can be 'sexually in appealing'..... whatever that is

edit on 24-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: ketsuko

That's the truth! If you have small kids and it gets quiet... You better run, not walk to find out what is going on. One minute they're playing Legos and Barbies, then the next minute not only is your bathroom on fire, but your hair is too.

i take it you are speaking from experience....

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The reason you don't meet people like you is because we're all enjoying our alone time LOL. It's scary how much we're alike. I am a hermit. My hubby tells people he brings me to town every once in awhile just to prove I'm still alive.

I married my high school sweetheart, been married forever. Hate family gatherings/cities/crowds/shopping/eating in restaurants etc. I hate talking on the phone too. My hubby used to say I had phono-phobia but I'm much better now, still hate it though. We didn't have a phone out here for 10 years, loved it.

I love wandering the woods alone. I've been doing that since I was a little kid. My outdoorsman dad was a great teacher. Me getting lost in the wilderness was his worst fear. Works in the city too.

I'm not socially inept or shy. I've worked with the public enjoy people but prefer keeping to myself. I've been told I have the gift of gab because I'll talk to anyone. I agree personal friendships require nurturing. I don't have the time/inclination for it. I'm a busy country woman and love it. I'm not missing a thing. Most women find me strange anyway. I've always had more male friends, I was a tomboy still am.

If I really want to do something, concert/city event I have no problem doing it but I'm sure glad when I hit my country road. The hubby kicks back and I run around doing my thing, it works.

ATS topics are great for the hot tub. I'm sure my husband will have to investigate this subject more thoroughly, he's a bit of a skeptic and don't say "pics or it didn't happen." LOL Good/bad love you ATSers.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm tall, muscular, low bf, and good looking, but it takes more then that to keep a girlfriend. I go out for a lay here and there but to me it's just hormones and besides the point. I can't stand small talk and don't earn enoufh to keep a woman interested. Besides, most people bore me to death. I used to believe I wanted a LTR, but after several crash and burns I'm happily single and fairly dissocial.

Not sure there's much wrong with this. I'm in my 30s and quit drinking and have tried most everything else worth while. I see the same boring things occupied by dull pwrsonalities and would rather tech out online and build up my skillz and monies nerding out.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Eh...wouldn't a big determining factor be whether or not you shared your conspiratorial side with the people around you?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've never felt I fit in but have an awesome relationship. I can talk conspiracies with my guy as he has a huge knowledge base but doesn't have my all consuming passion for it. I do suspect he sometimes wishes I'd stop yacking about it and start...

As for sex, absolutely , especially with a side order of intrigue

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Joe Rogans been smoking too much '___'....hell, I'd have bed a couple of chicks (at the same time) recently just because of the conspiracy theories we were discussing that blew their mind. When someone is open minded about the world they might just be open minded about things in the bedroom too.

Suffice it to say, I'm happily partnered, with 4 kids, so those chicky babes missed out, but my mrs didn't.
edit on 25-6-2014 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I guess it would be easy to make such an assumption/generalization.... I do see a lot of general mistrust of humans, which might indicate loners, those with problems establishing relationships.

Myself, on one hand, I'd say I don't fit into the sex-starved catagory. I've always been pretty sexually active, and though my husband and I have been married 20 years, we're still very much in love and sexual... we're at the age in which the kids have all moved out and we even are taking some beginning peaks into things like swinging, just to expand our sexual expression.

But then, I'm a woman, and I am guessing this comment was more with men in mind. I can have a side to me that liek to explore weird ideas, hypothesizing about what is in the dark unknown, and that won't turn off a man- he doesn't really care WHAT I want to think about, my mind is not what is important when it comes to sex!

For men, however, women pay attention to what kinda mind they'll be sleeping with, and distrust and fear of power can be a real turn off.

But I will admit that I do have some relational 'issues" which are non-sexual. I don't have a lot of girlfriends, only a couple of them, who are very independent, and need alone time, like myself. The kind of women who work a lot, spend a lot of time in nature and exercise, and we only get together once every couple of months. We don't talk on the phone much, and we don't give each other advice. We know we are each capable of steering our own lives without he judgement and input of another.

For some others, we are seen as strange and asocial, our independence as slightly suspicious.

So I'll put it this way-
The same ladies that will reject a man for his conspiracy theorist tendancies also reject women like me. I may get more than enough sex, but female friendships with women who are very socially conscious are rare.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I'm tall, muscular, low bf, and good looking, but it takes more then that to keep a girlfriend. I go out for a lay here and there but to me it's just hormones and besides the point. I can't stand small talk and don't earn enoufh to keep a woman interested. Besides, most people bore me to death. I used to believe I wanted a LTR, but after several crash and burns I'm happily single and fairly dissocial.

Not sure there's much wrong with this. I'm in my 30s and quit drinking and have tried most everything else worth while. I see the same boring things occupied by dull pwrsonalities and would rather tech out online and build up my skillz and monies nerding out.

money is only a small part of it...if you are good in bed a woman will keep coming back no matter how much money you have in the bank

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Not sure why some are so proud of their filtered msm. Its almost like rogan is superior for his own stupidity.

Im married. Never had an issue with getting women. Not sure about conspiracy theories but i do tend to appreciate a different set of facts than most of the people i know

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Always remember...women in bars are looking for the same thing you are.

Mornin',

Y'know...sometimes...a woman in a bar is just there for a drink after a rough day.
It doesn't imply she's there for an "encounter".
Just sayin'.

-Peace-

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I guess I never really thought about how similar we all are, but this is a wonderful surprise. I feel closer to everyone already. There's nothing that I love more than having a lot of alone time to do things that I love most (researching things and learning new skills). I also find that it's a lot of work to maintain and nurture friendships but I do have a few close friends that I've known forever. They understand how I am and doesn't take it personally when I disappear for a long time and is always the one initiating to hang out. I'm so thankful to have them otherwise I'd be a hermit with no friends.
edit on 25-6-2014 by freetheuniverse because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
rogan can really be a dumbass sometimes. he's thinking of the archtype conspiracy nutter in their basement all alone, surrounded by pictures of UFOS and Bigfoot who never leaves their house because they're a hermit. frankly that's not the case for EVERYONE who is into conspiracies. It's more of a cliche than anything.

I can be very social or I can be by myself for long periods. But, sex, now that's something that I wouldn't want to be without. And sex with an open minded women, about conspiracies or otherwise, that's even better.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

money is only a small part of it...if you are good in bed a woman will keep coming back no matter how much money you have in the bank

It's really not that black and white. I'm good in bed, so have my pick of women to call whenever, but that's completely different than being in a loving long-term relationship.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I prefer to be alone most of the time. That being said, I am married (almost 18 years, with a daughter). While I love them, there are a lot of times I relish when they are both gone and I can be alone. Truly alone. Not just alone in the room. I know that sounds weird and I haven't met many people like me as most prefer to be surrounded by other people almost constantly. I hate huge family get togethers, crowds, etc. I think I should have been a hermit.

But I am alone when my family is not here, because I choose to be. I am not socially inept or anything. I find that a lot of personal friendships require a lot more effort than I am will to expend.

Bah, you're not alone in that.

We introverts need to step away from people to recharge our batteries. It's a perfectly normal way of being. We're the polar opposites of what an extrovert is. I've never understood the functions of an extrovert because in my mind, I think it's crazy going through life needing to cling to other people 24/7, how do they survive without "me" time ?! Personally, I think the big secret in life is being able to enjoy one's own company.

Hubby and I both allow each other our much needed "man cave" times. He goes into his, and I go into mine. The great thing about it is, once we've recharged our batteries, it makes our "together time" that much more enjoyable.

We've slowed down a lot with age, especially now that we're empty nesters... and loving every friggin' single minute of it !

Hail to the hermits !!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Then there's the 3rd category, "ambiverts".

I have chunks where I get energized from being sociable, and can't get enough, but also have chunks where I must remain in the man-cave for a while.

Each part can last from a few days to a few weeks.

I'm like this with everything. No real patterns of sleep, work, libido, or anything. Sometimes complete horn-dog for a few days to a few weeks, then a bit less so for same duration.

I think it's cyclothymia. Bipolar lite. Whatever it is, I'd have it no other way.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Never herd of 'ambiverts' before but that is how I am to a tee

Some times I just can't be assed to deal with anyone, and my missies understand perfectly, and just let me carry on

And as for sex? Non existent she's about to pop

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: CranialSponge

Then there's the 3rd category, "ambiverts".

I have chunks where I get energized from being sociable, and can't get enough, but also have chunks where I must remain in the man-cave for a while.

Each part can last from a few days to a few weeks.

I'm like this with everything. No real patterns of sleep, work, libido, or anything. Sometimes complete horn-dog for a few days to a few weeks, then a bit less so for same duration.

I think it's cyclothymia. Bipolar lite. Whatever it is, I'd have it no other way.

Ambivert I like that!

If there has to be a category place me in that one...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join