It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired US Marine claims he spent 17 years on MARS protecting five human colonies from Martians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

7) Only 28 humans survived out of a 1000... "Kaye" just happened to be one of the survivors conveniently enough!!!

It would have been tricky to tell his account if he'd had been one of the 972 that died.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

7) Only 28 humans survived out of a 1000... "Kaye" just happened to be one of the survivors conveniently enough!!!

It would have been tricky to tell his account if he'd had been one of the 972 that died.

You have a good point there.

I tend not to believe his story for another reason. If we have the capability of traveling outside of our solar system and having off-Earth colonists out there, then we obviously have a capability of generating power cheaply that would solve a lot of problems here on Earth.
If we are to believe that we do have this capability, then we have to believe yet another conspiracy theory, the one that says that TPTB keep this technology away from us in order to keep us enslaved to fossil fuels. I don't believe that theory because if we had unlimited cheap energy, we would have an economy that would know no bounds. Why would TPTB keep us in a stagnant economy when they could reap the rewards of one that had few limits?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

But what about his account, as fantastical as it might at first seem, do you find the most hard to believe?

Is it the physicality of technologically achieving it? Or is it that you don't or cannot believe a secret of such magnitude could be kept for such a long time?

What aspects cause you to immediately jump to the conclusion he is bonkers?

In all honesty, he MAY be an attention seeking loony, he's Human, so of course that possibility is always going to be present, but why would you automatically assume he is mad?

Is it simply because he gives an account that is so beyond out of the ordinary for most of us?

I'm genuinely interested in why anyone, presumably not psychiatrically trained (are you?) in the absence of any real evidence for or against his account, would assume the worst? And being realistic, IF his account is remotely accurate, the evidence is going to be thin on the ground unless others from this unit or force also come forwards and testify to their experiences.

It's not like you get any points or prizes for being the first to rubbish someones account of the fantastic, just as you don't get any for being the last.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If we are to believe that we do have this capability, then we have to believe yet another conspiracy theory, the one that says that TPTB keep this technology away from us in order to keep us enslaved to fossil fuels. I don't believe that theory because if we had unlimited cheap energy, we would have an economy that would know no bounds. Why would TPTB keep us in a stagnant economy when they could reap the rewards of one that had few limits?

how do you figure that ?

our wordly economy is based on scarecity (not sure about the spelling)...because our resources are finite...we can put a price on it...

once you have free (or cheap) unlimited energy...many many many industry sectors would crumble like a deck of cards.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Okay, I have a stupid question and I'm late to the thread so I'm sorry if I missed it earlier....

If Terran society is expanding out to Mars...and it's by force with a form of Colonial Marine Corps, with actual fighting and deaths in a "war" no normal human on our planet is even aware exists? Here is my stupid question...

Why would this man be allowed to live 5 minutes beyond the moment he began saying something about it? This would be a secret beyond any classification level we'd even be aware of, I'd think. The ULTIMATE 'We could tell you...but then we'd have to kill you ..and your family, friends and even your dog!".

How would someone who actually did this (and presumably would have physical traits to forever mark them as being in that environment for extended periods) be permitted to even bring it up as a passing thought in private?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Why would this man be allowed to live 5 minutes beyond the moment he began saying something about it? This would be a secret beyond any classification level we'd even be aware of, I'd think.

While I tend not to believe him, I think the obvious answer that they would let him talk (if his story was true) is that .... No one would believe it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Why would this man be allowed to live 5 minutes beyond the moment he began saying something about it? This would be a secret beyond any classification level we'd even be aware of, I'd think

This then would nullify the allegations of the government silencing people "not keeping secrets", "men in black", "death to family if you talk" and all those other theories about why big secrets are kept.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Why would this man be allowed to live 5 minutes beyond the moment he began saying something about it? This would be a secret beyond any classification level we'd even be aware of, I'd think. The ULTIMATE 'We could tell you...but then we'd have to kill you ..and your family, friends and even your dog!".

just check out the 1st page of this thread...and all will be revealed to you. Every poster there thinks this guy lost his marbles. That's why he would be allowed to talk about it. Nobody believes him...well...no one important anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If we have the capability of traveling outside of our solar system and having off-Earth colonists out there, then we obviously have a capability of generating power cheaply that would solve a lot of problems here on Earth. If we are to believe that we do have this capability, then we have to believe yet another conspiracy theory, the one that says that TPTB keep this technology away from us in order to keep us enslaved to fossil fuels.

I know you say you don't go along with this theory, but IMO, it is entirely feasible as one of THE reasons why we are perpetually kept in the dark about these things...i doubt the top reason, but if there's a good reason to keep this from public knowledge, that would be it.

Infinite energy has implications far beyond what happens here on Earth...it goes so far beyond unlimited resource extraction and manufacturing at almost fractions of a % on the current cost.

Imagine you were a powerful and very wealthy Oligarch, who was 'in on' the limitless energy technology and all the rest of it.

Can you think of any other reasons why you'd want to keep that privvy to a select number of people...people who like you were top of their fields, were also wealthy and powerful just like you?

Why would you want to share control of Earth with these others? Wouldn't it be much more desirable to control you own planet? Or your own System of planets, where you are essentially absolute ruler of all?

This is a stronger and more powerful reason to keep technology capable of making that happen a close secret, than anything that could be achieved here on Earth.

In any case, limitless, cost free energy would make products almost worthless, so it wouldn't be attractive to a society run by corporations concerned with consumerism.

If a product costs almost nothing to produce, and everone knows it costs almost nothing to produce, not many would want to pay $60,000 for a vehicle that might cost only $500 to produce, or pay $1,000,000.00 for a medical device that only costs $100.00 to produce.

How would the millions of workers involved in the power industries cope? What would happen to the energy corporation profits and share prices?

They'd all fail and every worker, every investor and every board member would be out on their ears within a week.

But if you could colonise your own planet chosen from the choicest available, with no interferrence, no competition from the lowly people demanding their fair share, and keep the profits rolling in from fossil fuels and rampant consumerism?

That's a powerful motive to keep the lid firmly on any of this stuff, and preemtive attacks on witnesses who come forwards, those who work with them, whistleblowers outlawed and people automatically catagorised as lunatics or fantasy prone is just a few methods historically used, i feel, to help keep the lid on tight.

That doesn't mean this 'kaye' bloke is telling the truth, but it doesn't mean he isn't either.

edit on 24-6-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The problem with Marines who have served on Mars is that the Government denies them compensation and retirement benefits and if they go to the press about it the press laugh them off. It's such an injustice. My former employees niece had an uncle who was stationed on Mars and got seriously injured for life. Now I am not sure what the injury exactly was and she didn't want to tell me, but when he filed for benefits they rejected him by citing that the Marines do not operate on Mars. That's how this Government saves money these days. Shame on them.

What's worse is that the Obama Administration has been neglectful of Martian colonies. Informed sources tell us that he considers them "elitist". "We' re all in this together and if the Martians want to be neutral on everything, then they won't get my support" an aide close to him heard him say. Instead of treating them like the intrepid heroes that they are he marginalizes them.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi
There was a movie, cool im gonna have to check it out.

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

LOL.. I suppose I'll count myself among the non-believers.

BTW.. I don't mean to suggest the thread was silly. Actually, I found the source article to be an interesting one. I keep it in mental context and not as if I'm reading great new revelations..but interesting.

S/F

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

is this a joke post sky ?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

It's the root of the whole VA scandal. All these Martian based marines are in line in front of terrestrial one. The Martian group has many exotic and costly to treat ailments. It all makes perfect sense now.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

our wordly economy is based on scarecity (not sure about the spelling)..

Scarcity of water should make a desert thrive with vegetable growth then.
It is based on supply and demand. Relative scarcity increases the value of a commodity compared to other commodities.

because our resources are finite..

Our resources would still be finite anyway. We would run through them more quickly, since it would be easier to get them with large machines having limitless energy to run them.

once you have free (or cheap) unlimited energy...many many many industry sectors would crumble like a deck of cards.

Factories pumping out tons of products that everyone would want that run on cheap energy.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hmm, you could combine quite a few conspiracies into one big juicy one..or at least a great movie as someone else suggested.

Namely Project Blue beam - rationalwiki.org... hollow moon theory (Stating that the moon is a big moon base) and that one documentary purporting to show secret NASA footage of a crashed spaceship, hanger and spaceport on the moon (I tried to find it on youtube but my internet is so slow at the moment) - it basically implies that we have been in space for decades.
Theres also a lot conspiracy theories/stories stating that the US government has been in a state of war with aliens since the 60s and are able to shoot down UFO's and have been stockpiling, reverse engineering and actually pilot UFOs themselves.
They wouldnt be able to testpilot UFOs at area 51 so would make sense to train pilots off the planet.

I know it says they were stationed on Mars and I listed stuff on the moon but there would probably be more than one location and I havent heard of any other conspiracies concerning moon bases
edit on 24-6-2014 by Zenem because: just

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

If a product costs almost nothing to produce, and everone knows it costs almost nothing to produce, not many would want to pay $60,000 for a vehicle that might cost only $500 to produce, or pay $1,000,000.00 for a medical device that only costs $100.00 to produce.

How would you explain the gasoline costs in the US are very high right now, when the supply is overabundant?

People are using much less of it.

There would still be costs involved in manufacturing. Raw materials and all that go with making a product would still be in the equation.

As far as medical devices go, we already pay far, far more than we should for those things.

We buy water in bottles to drink (at higher prices than gasoline) when the water coming out of our taps has been shown to be safer than the stuff in the bottles! Marketing works.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: zyrktec
i have used remote viewing to see certain aspects of the secret space program. we build mother ships underground in a base out west and we use them to colonize other planets beyond our solar system. they are cigar shaped vehicles that use a blackhole generator to create a 'hole' through space and time and jump to other systems. they also carry the triangular ships which are fighters and bombers.

we do have a base(s) on the moon and mars.

we do off world extrasolar exploration.

there are intelligent alien species.

the breakaway civilzation is a least a 1000 years ahead of our present technology.

they have merged quantum computers with the human mind and they have the ability to project human consciousness/awareness to any point in space time.

a marine saying he defended human colonies on mars isnt an unreasonable claim at all.

Actually it is an utterly unreasonable claim as is "remote viewing."

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Now I wouldn't knock remote viewing. I happened to participate in an experiment with that relating to an ATS Radio guest..and I wasn't 100% sure before that. It wasn't Astral Projection, but true coordinate based RV. To say it worked and was a life changing thing to experience first hand ...doesn't do it justice. That was just a first shot on a cold attempt, in what was not done in any formal or careful way. It's a powerful thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Title should read

"marine suffers mental break down."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join