It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: Druid42

I check my spelling in random emails two to three times...you would think something as important as the name of a franchise in court paperwork they would spend an extra 10 seconds to quadruple check it no?

I mean how hard is it?

To be fair and clear, it's not court paperwork I linked on the last page; however it IS the web page of the actual lawyer who represented them in court. Here ya go, for convenience's sake: Jonathan D. Reichman, Kenyon Law Firm ...Second paragraph says he handled "complex issues" for characters and properties such as: BerenstEin Bears (among others.)

ETA: But like you said... you meticulously check your emails. So do I. I would think the Law Firm would come down hard on employees who don't spell client's names correctly on public web pages! Heck, I used to do the web site for the local school district, and I got calls immediately if I missed a typo!
edit on 6/24/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I am not questioning his intelligence.

If this Trademark, Copyright, Licensing Lawyer is so SMART as his page says, then surely HE knows how to spell "Berenstein Bears" right???

And like I asked several times, who wrote it? Do you know that he did?

For my part, I find the coincidental "misspelling" too strange to be merely coincidental.
It's strange to you. That's fine.

ETA: Uh oh. I have an idea for a parody song and video, "What Do The Books Say?"
edit on 24-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here is a list of every authentic Berenstain Bears book ever published.

Berenstain Bibliography PDF

Found on their website

BerenstainBears.com

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I am not questioning his intelligence.

If this Trademark, Copyright, Licensing Lawyer is so SMART as his page says, then surely HE knows how to spell "Berenstein Bears" right???

My point was: He is their lawyer, he is so SMART, that MUST be the correct spelling.

And like I asked several times, who wrote it? Do you know that he did?

Pretty sure I addressed this question already. I assume it was a data entry person. I also assume said data entry person is tasked with extreme attention to detail. On all things representing the Firm, whether confidential or in the public domain.

For my part, I find the coincidental "misspelling" too strange to be merely coincidental.
It's strange to you. That's fine.
Thanks. I think?

ETA: Sorry about the bungled quoted reply. Fixed it, I think!
edit on 6/24/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Holy cow! I have to catch up on four pages! You guys move fast.

Quick thought though, does anyone know a neurologist or anyone familiar with brain processes?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Pretty sure I addressed this question already. I assume it was a data entry person. I also assume said data entry person is tasked with extreme attention to detail. On all things representing the Firm, whether confidential or in the public domain.

Ok. My point is just, what does that have to do with his 'smarts'? Does he read his bio on the site? I don't know.

What do you think of the very topical song parody "What Do The Books Say?"
edit on 24-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I have no idea why your post looks like that. It says it's my quote but I haven't posted any of that.

?????

Haha, sorry... re-read it, please. I think I fixed it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I find the lawyer link very interesting. Obviously the Berenstein's knew people were spelling their name incorrectly, as evidenced by their son's supposed quote. Soooo, they should have double double checked that. Yes?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
I find the lawyer link very interesting. Obviously the Berenstein's knew people were spelling their name incorrectly, as evidenced by their son's supposed quote. Soooo, they should have double double checked that. Yes?

Good point, that! Wonder if they'll like being sourced on ATS because of it?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Ok. My point is just, what does that have to do with his 'smarts'? Does he read his bio on the site? I don't know.

Ok, I admit it was a snarky comment... but seriously, he SHOULD proof his own bio. It's what the whole world sees as a reflection of him and not the data entry person. But maybe he's too busy or maybe he's too cheap to pay a competent detail-oriented assistant. I just couldn't tell you. The irony for me is that the ONLY typo on the entire page is... *cue spooky music* ...Berenstein.

What do you think of the very topical song parody "What Do The Books Say?"

I'm not familiar with it... can you link it?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Auto correct is a teachers worst enemy apparantly.

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Jewjewbeaner

THANK YOU!!!

I have found lots of teacher pdf's with outlines of reading material for different age groups. They are all spelled 'stein'. These are teachers, for Pete's sake!!!
Book store owners too.

Something is going on that we don't understand. We don't have to hate on each other.
It's a mystery lol...who doesn't love a good mystery?

jacy

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It sounds more and more like you may not have the best memory...

a reply to: jacygirl

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've already covered this. Any text editor corrects the spelling automatically. Word corrects it as soon as you hit the space bar to go to the next word.

a reply to: Druid42

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Actually, to debate the spellcheck theory, my very first few posts in this thread were mistakenly about this very thing.

My spellcheck absolutely would not have Berenstain, at all. (Still doesn't)

It won't have Berenstein either, but I have changed it to accept it.

It will however allow Bernstein. Go back and look if you can't remember the post in question.

Eta - and typically you would still proofread your work with or without spellcheck.

edit on 24-6-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Boswell

This is a very interesting thread. As you no doubt would agree, as this thread over all others in the six years you have been a member here has gripped you in it's spell to the level that over 25 percent of your total focus in ats is spent here. Of your 47 posts to date, 13 have been here, in this thread. To me on a psychological level in looking at the human mind that is just as fascinating as the memory issue the subject matter this thread presents.

What is it about this thread and this particular subject in general that has got you so passionately stirred up? There have been countless other threads that have been way more over the top in terms of craziness that did not strike your fancy, but this thread. This thread got your goat. Why is that?

Just curious.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, here's another source that thinks it's spelled Berenstein, and they aren't typing in a slew of books to sell online:

Online Name Encyclopedia

It lists name distribution worldwide for a particular surname (in this case, Berenstein) and then lists trivia, such as:

Famous people: Guno Berenstein

Writers: Alejandro Berenstein, Fabian Berenstein, Alexandre Berenstein, Alex Berenstein, Mark L. Berenstein, Carlos A. Berenstein, Rhona J. Berenstein, Stan and Jan Berenstein, Frederick H. Berenstein, Paola Berenstein Jacques

Books: "BERENSTEIN BEARS LEARN ABOUT S" "Berenstein Bears"

All of those writers, and they list one book example. Can ya dig it?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

You are reaching beyond your logical boundaries man...quit while you are ahead.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I watched a little television today at lunch. A rare thing. I was scanning down the menu and saw 'Berenstain Bears.' I had a hunch that there was potential for synchronicity. I clicked on it and the first line of dialogue was "I'm like a ghost now." It was coming from an old bear that used to be a lighthouse operator, but the lighthouse got closed. Make of it what you will.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Sounds like you were hallucinating.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

So it must be the Berenstain family who is spelling their own name wrong?

Have you ever heard of the
Hundreth monkey effect

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join