It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I loved The Berenstein Bears as a kid.

What is weird I recently googled these books to buy some for my son and I spelled it "Berenstein" and it kept saying "did you mean Berenstain" and I was confused. I swear I could have remember it being spelled "stein" and not "stain." I remember as a kid spelling it out specifically as "Berenstein" but I was so young I definitely could have been wrong. I was a spelling bee wiz and champ in grade school but it is easy to mess this up and think it's "Berenstein" instead of "Berenstain." I still love those books no matter how they are spelled. I will never forget the CORRECT spelling now that is for sure!

My son has one of these books and I spent the other day tearing his room up looking for it after I saw this thread. I know he has one. I bought it! I want to see what the book says.

When I find it I'll post a pic of how it's spelled.

edit on 6/24/2014 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I can see the dolts on Ebay making a spelling error, but seriously, individuals look at a product before they post it to sell, and then look at how it's spelled. I can forgive a forgive a few ebay mistakes, from average Joe. For corporations such as Amazon, I can't believe there is noone correcting those errors.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Druid42
I have no idea how that works on those sites. Who writes what?

I could see site employees afraid to go against their spell check maybe?

Sellers apparently 'know' how it's spelled and don't think twice about "stein"?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

the ebay/amazon/etc. errors are pretty recent. either the people behind the keyboard aren't looking at the product before typing it, trusting spell check or they're looking at Berenstain and seeing Berenstein.
edit on 24-6-2014 by Boswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boswell
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

this may be a website dedicated to conspiracies/paranormal/outlandish discussions, but not everything is a conspiracy and we don't have to come up with fantastical ideas for scenarios we can't immediately explain.

Not everyone is jumping to fantastical ideas. I think we have thrown a few out, but many of us just really want to find some books with misprints then put it to bed. I for one do not like to be out of my comfort zone. I want a picture of a misprinted book to be what this is. And in reality, I truly believe there had to be misprints for so many to have it so wrong. It is fun to bring up fantastical ideas to ponder, but I don't really see the majority of posters claiming they are seriously from another timeline.

People can't let it go because not everyone believes they made a mistake. They have memories associated with the old spelling and some are quite specific. All of these ad agencies, the people selling the books now, ebay, etc. have all made the spelling mistake. It is quite possible that the publishing company may have done the same on more than one occasion.

If we don't keep looking for an answer, how would we know that wasn't the case?
edit on 6/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
I have no idea how that works on those sites. Who writes what?

I could see site employees afraid to go against their spell check maybe?

Sellers apparently 'know' how it's spelled and don't think twice about "stein"?

I hear ya, but check out my post here.

The copyright/licensing/trademark lawyer who represented them spelled it Berenstein? And the book about Publishing Law used BerenstEin Bears as an example? I REALLY thought those folks would spell more carefully! How do you protect Berenstein Bears if they don't exist?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Who wrote that? A lot of "He" in that.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The links are too varied in source to say that everyone is making the same mistake, try these:

actbyjackiebryla.com...

www.fandango.com...

www.christianitytoday.com...

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...

and the actual Stan and Jan Berenstein page on Amazon....

www.amazon.com...=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Who wrote that? A lot of "He" in that.

Did you click on the source link? It is straight from Kenyon Law Firm, the firm that represented... Berenstein Bears copyright/trademark.

The other source (also link provided) is from a book about Publishing Law.

Did you read my commentary on what I linked?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The links are too varied in source to say that everyone is making the same mistake, try these:

I could understand if the product didn't say Berenstain.

I clicked the Amazon link. Mix of both spellings.

edit on 24-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: missed an "e" spell check doesn't help with words you already know it thinks are wrong

edit on 24-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: keyboard is junk?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

All of these cases are digital no?

Any real world evidence in print on paper?

Good luck...

The internet/computers and human brain do share some interesting similarities in how memory works.

Find anything real, and we can take this to a whole new level of disclosure.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What's printed on the books?

ETA:

Did you click on the source link? It is straight from Kenyon Law Firm, the firm that represented... Berenstein Bears copyright/trademark.

The firm. Someone at the firm wrote it. Why question the intelligence of the lawyer? Did. He. Write it?
edit on 24-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

All of these cases are digital no?

Any real world evidence in print on paper?

Good luck...

The internet/computers and human brain do share some interesting similarities in how memory works.

Find anything real, and we can take this to a whole new level of disclosure.

Actually, the book on Publishing Law is not available in eBook form. Granted, that preview is up on the net, but you can only order a hard copy of it.

But I've got a real odd feeling about the Copyright Lawyer's page of credits listing them as a client and spelling it Berenstein Bears. Does that not strike anyone else as... more damning than an Amazon ad typo?
edit on 6/24/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
More links, and TRUE, varied spelling....

www.mtv.com...

minx.cc:1080...

vg1planificateur.ca...

legacyarcade.nicholascastelli.com...

www.fun-with-pictures.com...

SOOO many people got the spelling wrong. Or did they?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

True, a typo is NOT something to be overlooked in court paperwork. There are NO spelling errors on court paperwork. They have people that proofread that. Twice. Three times, even, depending on the case.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

From your links I see it has been spelled both ways. The fact that on the cover of the books it is spelled with an "A" and the web links are with an "E" leave me to believe the print on the books are correct. At this point, I'd really like to see a first copy edition of their very first book they put out.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What's printed on the books?

ETA:

The firm. Someone at the firm wrote it. Why question the intelligence of the lawyer? Did. He. Write it?

I am not questioning his intelligence. To represent such big-named clients he apparently knows his stuff. And he wants the world to know, so he can get more clients. So his clients are listed. One of those is misspelled. It wasn't Curious George. It wasn't Disney, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or Babar the Elephant.

I can tell you feel led to chalk it up to a data entry error. That's cool-- whatever floats your boat. For my part, I find the coincidental "misspelling" too strange to be merely coincidental.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Doodle19815

And I thought you couldn't 'die' in a dream...?

I never really understood this superstition because I seem to die a lot in my dreams

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I check my spelling in random emails two to three times...you would think something as important as the name of a franchise in court paperwork they would spend an extra 10 seconds to quadruple check it no?

I mean how hard is it?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Druid42

True, a typo is NOT something to be overlooked in court paperwork. There are NO spelling errors on court paperwork. They have people that proofread that. Twice. Three times, even, depending on the case.

Hold up! What typo in what court paperwork?

ETA: If that statement can't be supported I move that it be stricken from the record your Honor.

edit on 24-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join