It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
For me Berenstein gives no error, in fact if I leave a lower case b is changes it to uppercase for me...

Berenstain shows as an error with and without a capital b and wants to correct to stein.

reply to: Doodle19815

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: Jewjewbeaner

On December 21, 2012, some of us, most of us ascended into the next demention, realm, age, etc.

This is really freaking me out.

Because in my Universe we spell it dimension.

That is some almost Shakespearean wordplay there. 'Demention,' I will add that one to my vocabulary and use it at the appropriate wise ass moment.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Glad you caught that. I thought it was pretty funny and ironic.

I think this thread is giving me Alzheimer's.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

Sounds like you were hallucinating.

Hallucinating a cartoon while I ate a sandwich? I don't appreciate the insult, if that was your intention. It's really a pretty crappy cartoon. I just clicked on it because I've been following this thread. Just the mundane facts. It would be easy enough to verify that this episode was being broadcast today if you care to investigate. I don't remember what channel it was. Perceiving synchronicity is very different than hallucinating.
This was the best I could find online.
www.bcdb.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I was joking, no insult intended.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I was joking, no insult intended.

All forgiven. I'm in a bit of a snappy mood. I only watched about a minute of the show before I clicked to something else. I just had a hunch that I would hear something interesting. I'm sure it was just coincidence, but it was an interesting coincidence.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think it just happens because it would seem to be stein and not stain. It's more common. Our brains immediately mistakingly correct it. Then we're stuck with always thinking it's stein.

There's no conspiracy angle here.
There is with the dead celebrities though

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I think it just happens because it would seem to be stein and not stain. It's more common. Our brains immediately mistakingly correct it. Then we're stuck with always thinking it's stein.

There's no conspiracy angle here.
There is with the dead celebrities though

So what exactly makes the clear distinction between this and the dead celebrities? Memory could also be false about their deaths as well. I'm not supporting the many dimensions theory, but I just had to play the devil's advocate.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It's 3:25 am here, and I've been awake since 1.
The logical part of my brain is screaming at me for help.

I now have a point to make.

What words do we notice are spelled wrong?
FAMILIAR words.

Nearly every typo in a post on this site gets picked up on by somebody.
We are all writers....we choose to communicate with each other here, using words. We are not illiterate people.

None of us automatically know how to spell every name, because name spellings are inconsistent. Common words, like bear and stain...are easily recognizable, it's almost a compound word.

Even the members whose first language is not English, do a superb job of spelling as they type here. They certainly try. Even if words are spelled incorrectly, they are often spelled phonetically, and we can still read what they are trying to say.

Those of us freaking out are doing so...NOT because we have bad memories, but because the name is very well known by us...and suddenly we see it spelled differently.

It's not because we don't pay attention to detail...it's because we DO.

Coffee at 3:32 am. Damn you Berenstein and Zimmerman!!
jacy

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Well, until you can prove which spellchecker they were using, I am not taking that as a common mistake then. To assume that every single error posted on eBay, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, a lawyers bio, book summaries, and teacher websites is a spellcheck error would be hard when my spellcheck doesn't act in accordance with what you say.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I decided to try different search engines, and get away from google.

I chose DuckDuckGo...it claims that it is 'the search engine that doesn't track you'.
Interesting stuff.

Most of the links on it are spelled Berenstein.

This link in particular, is for a cartoonist-illustrator who specializes in comics for the children's market...including licensed character artwork for publishing, advertising, merchandising and the web.
If you scroll down the page you will find a box of licensed characters that he has drawn with full creator approval, including such names as Disney, Popeye, Garfield....and The BerenSTEIN Bears.

www.ronzalme.com...

Credible? I will let you decide.

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

a reply to: DenyObfuscation

You are reaching beyond your logical boundaries man...quit while you are ahead.

What are my logical boundaries and how in the hell have you determined I'm reaching beyond them? You did have a logical reason for the dig correct?

As for the quit while I'm ahead, no thanks but at least you got the score right.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I can't even make time for Zimmerman at this point. lol Berensteingate will not leave me alone. I finally asked my husband (who is nowhere near me concerning CT, aliens, etc. it's not that he doesn't believe, he just doesn't care) and he said "Stein". So I guess I can be thankful that we are in this new universe together (depending on the day of course).

My 17 came home from summer at the in laws for a few days and she swears it was "Stein" as well. Which did make me feel a bit better because as I stated earlier in the thread my specific memory came from reading them to her and having to list the titles of what I read on a paper for school. I distinctly recall looking at the book to make sure I had the spelling correct on the paper she had to turn in.

What happened since then??

I don't know...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Well Kanga...I'm here to either chew bubblegum or find an answer...and I'm all outta bubblegum, lol.

If the materials (books) now all say 'stain', then apparently WE are the ones that have changed dimension. The 'stain' people have only ever known it as 'stain', so they think we are mistaken.
But we aren't.

So, instead of going in circles (like a jerk, hehe)...why don't we take a poll?
Do you remember 'stain' or 'stein'?
Country?
Decade of birth? (No one likes to give their birthday, so just say 60's, 70's, etc.)

We can add NDE? if anyone wants (to see if we have near death experiences in common...not sure if it's relevant).

What does anyone think about that?
jacy

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Nothing like circle jerks, eh?

I don't think it could hurt. I'll even go first I suppose.

I am a "Steiner".
Born in the US.
Born in 1977.

I have never had an NDE where I saw the light. But I have had experiences where I thought I should have died but didn't.

Maybe others with chime in through the day?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I hope others will participate...even just so we have an idea percentage-wise of the two different groups.

"stein"
Canada
No NDE

Anybody else?
jacy

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Stein
Midwest US

Also the wife and daughter remember stein, '63 and '99 respective birth years.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Hey caterpillage, thank you!
Yes, my kids born in 1984 and 1989 remember 'stein' too, rather adamantly (lol).

This link is interesting. woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.ca...

In it, he mentions a previous post that he wrote recently, and goes on to say...
Since writing that post, it has been linked to on dozens of forums, by people every bit as bewildered and confused as I was. As of today it has received over 100,000 page views, and at one point some 20,000 page views in a span of five minutes when it hit twitter.

We are starting to talk about a LOT of people now.
jacy

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

In it, he mentions a previous post that he wrote recently

You might find this interesting. I think the post you're referring to is the topic of the thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Hi DenyObfuscation,

At the end of this particular blog, yes...he does mention all the links to this discussion (stein/stain), and ATS is mentioned as citing his post. He has quite a long list of links to discussions on this topic.

jacy

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join