It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS ISIS ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Last week I was introduced to a new acronym, a new boogieman, a new threat to my freedom, a new reason to be afraid, very afraid - ISIS. It is the new buzzword on the mainstream media and even the alternative media. Problem is, before last week, I had never heard of them. Doing a Google search does not bring up any information other then the last few days. I believe I found one item from 2012, but beyond that nothing.

I am a fairly intense news junkie, getting my news from the mainstream outlets and also investigating stories from my alternative media sites on the internet. I try to get a balance of the news to come up with a true picture of any situation and also to figure out who is BSing me.

My questions are many. Has anyone heard of these evildoers before last week? How did they get their arms, their nice Toyota trucks, their money to operate,etc. If they were truly a threat, why didn't our (or Iraqs) fighter jets come in and mow them down when they were driving in a nice straight line down the highway and stop them in their tracks? What is the endgame here? Who is backing them up?

Geopolitically, this stinks. Your opinions please!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: teslarocks

ISIS are all little #bags who are trying to get what they want by hurting others. I hope the UK stay out of it but you can almost guarantee that you will ALL be killed with US Drones.

Run ISIS RUN!!!

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Thats who

Actually when i first heard ISIS on the TV show Archer i assumed a made up alphabet agency for TV. Now i find out they exist, but i have no idea if its a super secret spy agency in real life or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Has anyone heard of these evildoers before last week?

From what I understand they are relatively new and sprang up from the conflict in Syria , there are reports that they were funded by the west so nothing new there.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
yeah thought that myself, they also have us humvees, sam missiles almost everything the us left behind. something stinks stinks real bad

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I heard on the radio yesterday that they managed to secure for themselves the same base that was the Us' HQ.

I figure, like father like son when it comes to iraq...?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yes, they have been in the news for some time. They have also been called "Al Queda in Iraq and Syria" or "Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant."

They are the Islamic fundamentalists that have made the U.S. and the west cautious about funding and arming the Syrian opposition for fear weapons could wind up in the hands of extremists. I'm sure you've heard of that?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
there are reports that they were funded by the west so nothing new there.

From what I've read their funding is primarily coming from sources in the Arab gulf states especially Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I've heard of them a few months back as as "one group" who was trying to unite Iraq and Syria into one religious country. Not a peep from them since than until the recent "they are so bad even Al Qaeda kicked them out"

Very suspicious news, it all is lately...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
interestingly enough, ATS'ers are discussing wide variety of Skunk/Irrelevant/Decoy topics while Ukraine, Iraq, Nigeria, Somalia, Kenya, Pakistan, Syria, Yemen are HAPPENING right now...

don't you think there is a connection?

100 years of WAR in July...
edit on 16-6-2014 by intrepid because: Explicative removed.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

I agree Demus. It's all connected. The chessboard is being set. But this latest ISIS / Iraq situation is just too weird, too fast, too easy.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
forgot to mention Israel/Palestine and kidnapping of 3 teenagers...

you connecting the dots already?

they are sending a message first - action will come second.

preparing the mind ground of a regular sheep.

ISIS is just a part of the 2014 global blood games.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

From what I've read their funding is primarily coming from sources in the Arab gulf states especially Saudi Arabia.

That may be true now but I was referring to there original funding when the west were pumping money to the Syrian rebels rather then going in militarily , kind of like the origins of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

It soon became clear that in less than three years, Isis had grown from a ragtag band of extremists to perhaps the most cash-rich and capable terror group in the world. "They had taken $36m from al-Nabuk alone [an area in the Qalamoun mountains west of Damascus]. The antiquities there are up to 8,000 years old," the intelligence official said. "Before this, the western officials had been asking us where they had gotten some of their money from, $50,000 here, or $20,000 there. It was peanuts.

Now they know and we know. They had done this all themselves. There was no state actor at all behind them, which we had long known. They don't need one.
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 16-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslarocks
a reply to: demus

I agree Demus. It's all connected. The chessboard is being set. But this latest ISIS / Iraq situation is just too weird, too fast, too easy.

it is so fast to show how big a threat the group is so any response will be justified.

even working with Iran.

false flag - evolution.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Sure have and from Syria. Apparently they are in control of Northern Syria including Aleppo and have been committing atrocities against civilians including children. These guys were fighting on the rebel side so this should be a good indication of what Syria has been going through over the last 3 years at the hands of these thugs.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: DelMarvel

That may be true now but I was referring to there original funding when the west were pumping money to the Syrian rebels rather then going in militarily , kind of like the origins of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

And apparently they just heisted $500,000,000 or more in looting Mosul.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but who we should fund and arm to the teeth (if we haven't already) are the Kurds. They've been reliable allies, they have a stable area of Iraq, they have something of a secular state and they don't like the insurgents either. At the very least they could annex Syrian Kurdistan in the case of the total collapse of Syria.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Seems like a bucket of nails would stop them.

60,000 Iragi Army ran from 600 guys in Toyota's.

Those Iragis are a special kind of coward.

Unwilling to fight for their own Country.

They deserve to lose.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't think this is a "false flag" or a group created by the CIA or some secret organization. It is what it is.

As far as how they were able to obtain so much firepower in such a short amount of time it has to do with the Iraqi army being cowards. The Iraqis abandoned all their weapons and vehicles and ran. The ironic part is most of the equipment is U.S.

The Iraqi army did the same thing during 'Desert Storm' they tuck their tail between their legs and run whenever they see an enemy.

There may be a conspiracy but....who knows. It's a #ed up situation.
edit on 16-6-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
yes, you're right, they are cowards and their retreat is just a coincidence...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join