It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK GOP candidate: Let cities decide whether gays should be stoned to death

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
On another note, I also think people who do crystal meth should be stoned to death...

Why?

It there choice. If someone wants to destroy there body's with such things I say let them, its doesn't hurt me.

As long as people are consenting I see no problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Another Republican claiming to be libertarian?!!! A pox on all their houses. I've never seen any libertarian literature that endorsed stoning anyone. We're a peaceful people.
He's a nutcase or a plant. I'd have to do more research to know which but frankly, I'm not that into it.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I am 63 years old, raised in church and never ever heard a sermon on homosexuality back in the day

To me this is just more proof that religion is a tool to control the masses. Now that less moderate people attend church and it is mostly the far right wing people they feel that they can easily use things like this to manipulate people to vote for them.

When I was a kid and we went to church it was also much different and not political.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Since most of the GOP are closeted gays, I'm all for stoning the GOP.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

That said, even if the number your pulled from the air was remotely close, that does not give the 90% the right to force their beliefs on the other 10%.

Hmmm, where did I say force beliefs? I said everyone has their morals based on something.

Also to assume one has to practice religion to have morals is another straw man assumption.

Boy you sure like to debate things I never said...lol so look up that logical fallacy.

But it seems many feel that religion leeds to wrong morals, and so politicians would be better off as an atheist, because you know, how their morals are purer in some way.

edit on 14-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There is no logical fallacy in me being free to marry whomever I fall in love with.

I get it, you are one of those who believe that the majority believes and practices religion. This is no longer the case, most Americans do not go to church and the religion they identify with is usually their parents religion and has nothing to do with their daily lives.

To say that Atheists lack morals is extremely stupid.
edit on 14-6-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well... OK but can some body get the names of the stone throwers first.

Do you think they know murder is a felony.

An execution for a crime is not quite the same as a "mob stoning".

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

There is no logical fallacy in me being free to marry whomever I fall in love with.

I get it, you are one of those who believe that the majority believes and practices religion. This is no longer the case, most Americans do not go to church and the religion they identify with is usually their parents religion and has nothing to do with their daily lives.

To say that Atheists lack morals is extremely stupid.

You are close to impossible to have a debate with since you constantly assume another persons views and DO NOT READ what they wrote...geez

Where did I say atheists lack morals.... And who are you to determine if a person has faith or not. A person either believes or don't. I don't practice religion, but many of my morals are based on religion.

Also who says a person needs to go to church to be religious...it seems you are the one that is labeling in all this, not me.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You implied atheist lack morals. You also have a warped view on separation of church and state.

I have no idea what you are trying to debate. This is not debatable:

I shall be free to marry whomever I fall in love with!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

It's pretty simple though, all gays have to do is stay in the closet..... Call it going backwards or whatever, in this case backwards is good.

You know, there are two ways that can work for people in society today.

#1. Gays could go back in the closet, learn again how to hide and keep every aspect of who and what they are secret.

They have lifetimes of practice at that.. shouldn't be hard...but is it necessary? Is there another option? I think so..

#2. Folks who hate or have no tolerance for gays (whichever, and it's a difference without distinction to a gay person) can choose to simply not express that. If a bigot doesn't express their bigotry, then no one knows they're a bigot, and they don't live hate (hopefully) in the same way a gay person IS and LIVES that reality about their own identity.

Given #1 or #2...it seems to me, in a fair and balanced look? #2 is the least troublesome and least effort required to avoid making other people miserable when no good reason or benefit can be seen in it. Misery for misery's sake, sucks.

Just my two carrots.
edit on 6/14/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Your 2 carrots are very logical ones. They seem to do more than improve eyesight, possibly up the IQ as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You implied atheist lack morals. You also have a warped view on separation of church and state.

I have no idea what you are trying to debate. This is not debatable:

I shall be free to marry whomever I fall in love with!

I did not imply at all, you guys are the ones that said religion and politics do not mix, I never said atheist and politics do not mix...

Can you agree our forefathers were mostly very religious, like go to church every week religious? can you agree they did not want a state run church and wanted all religions to be equal in the eyes of the Government. They never suggest that religion should be completely removed from any form of politics just that the state would not sponsor any.

I wasn't debating marriage or anything you feel like doing, I was commenting on you can't remove religion from politics. It will always be there unless all politicians are atheists. I also said that everyone's morals are based on something and that an atheists doesn't have better morals just because they are a atheists, which it seems some here want to believe.

You are the one that has taken my posts in directions I never implied. So yes it is not debatable since it seems you want to debate things I never said....lol

So where do you get your secular morals from? Kant, your parents....you were just born with them, you made them up along the way?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Yah...Obama...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I do not need religion to tell me right from wrong. Neither does anyone else. I have a conscious that I was born with.

You may need a refresher on American history. The founding fathers did NOT want religion intertwined with the government, hence Separation of Church and State. There were not very religious and most probably could be described as Deists.

Adding religion to politics just creates a mess. Look at where we are now.....

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So? Every nation and community has wacky people running. The Nazis might not run germany anymore, but they sure have been trying for the past 30 years to get the favors of the country and only now facing banishment after some of their members got in the habit of shooting people to death.

The scandal would be if those people found a majority to elect them into office.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: 3u40r15m

There is a reason why the military repealed don't ask don't tell.

No reasonable people believes in stonings, we are no longer living in the dark ages. For someone who claims to be so big, you must be short somewhere with all the tough guy talk.

I never made any "claims" to be so big, and I haven't done any tough guy talk, so IDK where that is coming from. Can you quote me on that please...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

They've been executing homosexuals for many moons.... Why are people on here so shocked about this. I'm not exactly anti gay, or pro gay, I don't really care either way. But I'd throw a rock or two....

I'm somewhere inbetween Bisexual and Asexual. Do I get a rock too?

If that's what the law says then thats what the law says...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

On another note, I also think people who do crystal meth should be stoned to death...

Why?

It there choice. If someone wants to destroy there body's with such things I say let them, its doesn't hurt me.

As long as people are consenting I see no problem.

Well that's you... I've been hurt on many occasions. And ice heads are not 'consenting' they get high and go do high activities which are a danger to themselves and others around them. And that goes for any other kind of dope people want to shoot up.... If it was MY laws, they would be stoned to death....That is after a cleansing didn't work. 3 strike law...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yeah I'm pretty big I'm 6'6 265lbs..... Whats that have to do with this?

Just sayn...remember the BS you type.

I do not why you are off on a tangent about addicts....this is a thread about some bigot who wants to stone homosexuals. I bet you were not aware than pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine are available with with a doctors prescription to treat valid medical conditions....that discussion is for another thread.

If I had my way, if you want to have a dark ages mentality, then you should NOT have the 20th century luxuries like AC/heat, electricity and flushing toilets.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

They've been executing homosexuals for many moons.... Why are people on here so shocked about this. I'm not exactly anti gay, or pro gay, I don't really care either way. But I'd throw a rock or two....

I'm somewhere inbetween Bisexual and Asexual. Do I get a rock too?

If that's what the law says then thats what the law says...

But that's not what the law says. At the very most a law in a holy book, which is even contradicted in that same holy book says that's what should happen. Seeing as how we don't live in a theocracy our laws aren't based on said books.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join