It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK GOP candidate: Let cities decide whether gays should be stoned to death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
This is why religion and politics should never be mixed. The constitution should be amended to include separation of church and state before nutcases like this guy can get into office and make it a reality. I wonder if he would also support stoning unruly children?

How about just crazy/stupid people and politics should never be mixed.... Many here seem to use a very wide brush when they talk about Republicans in general.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Physical violence should never be an option to any human being. Telling homosexuals it's not love since it doesn't lead to procreation is the only option whether any of them want to hear this is probably untrue since they want to tell everyone how they feel/believe/think it is. Physical violence shows only there is a lack of intelligence to formulate the right words with the proper meaning of which no human should be the victim of.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Marriage is a type of wedding, but a wedding does not necessarily have to be a marriage. For instance, I'm sure Buddhists have weddings, but they don't get married. There is no such thing as a Buddhist marriage. Or a Hindu marriage.

Holly crapolla....do you ever look up things outside of your religious sources? Here try reading a source on Hindu marriage and try to remember that religion is much older than Christianity or Judaism. If anything Christianity learned what marriage was from them or from Egyption mythology possibly Summerain. Oh hell the list is to long but the point is you will not get the truth if you only read crap from the Vatican.

www.hinduwebsite.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: buster2010
This is why religion and politics should never be mixed. The constitution should be amended to include separation of church and state before nutcases like this guy can get into office and make it a reality. I wonder if he would also support stoning unruly children?

How about just crazy/stupid people and politics should never be mixed.... Many here seem to use a very wide brush when they talk about Republicans in general.

That wide brush gets used by everyone including Republicans; you didn't notice?? This playing the victim is so lame!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Now correct me if Im wrong but is denying one of life a violation of the US constitution?

So is cruel and unusual punishment?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

"I wonder if he would also support stoning unruly children?"

Well, being "family/conservative values" code word for stern biblical law, they'd definitely be for it.

Hell, christians cant even appeal to a new testament loophole. Jesus (if he existed) enforced the old testament laws himself.

Exhibit A:

"Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

Exhibit B:

“He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

Exhibit C:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

Exhibit D:

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

Even Peter gets in on the action.

Exhibit E:

"Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Does this kind of thing sound like a deliberate self caricature to anyone else?

What was this man doing before he officially got into politics?
edit on 13-6-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

So by that logic, a sterile heterosexual couple are incapable of love since their intimacy will never lead to procreation. Are you serious?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Now correct me if Im wrong but is denying one of life a violation of the US constitution?

So is cruel and unusual punishment?

This is wherein a problem lies.

Let's say you refer to someone as a criminal. Certainly criminals deserve to be punish perhaps even killed because they are criminals. Calling a person a criminal dehumanizes that person subconsciously to many and therefore they are able to justify the cruel and unusual punishment the sometimes receive. Because a criminal is less worthy than a normal person, it is easy to turn a blind eye or even for a mob to cheer on said cruel and unusual punishment. '

The same thing happens when a person is referred to as a sinner because of their sexuality. Those who are so adamantly opposed to other sexualities than what they are comfortable with, sub-consciously dehumanize us. The sad thing is they are too blinded by their blind faith to realize what hypocrites they are.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I think the term crimnal needs to be defined in your country and mine.

To me its something that does negative consented actions towards another IE

Fraud
Theft
Rape
Assault
Murder
Recklessness of others without consent.

To me no one souled be in jail or punished for actions done between consenting adults. Hell in my world I would even allow dueling if both party's signed legal wavers.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Unfortunately in the US, being a criminal can also be cool. Thug Life tee-shirts sell well.

I do hope you get where I am going with that post. Some automatically criminalize others based on their sexuality and gender identity.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

That wide brush gets used by everyone including Republicans; you didn't notice?? This playing the victim is so lame!

Who is playing the victim here? Some idiot makes an anti-gay comment and it becomes a Anti GOP/religion frinzy when the guy is just an idiot that wants to be a candidate, good luck I say.
edit on 13-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snoopy1978
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

So by that logic, a sterile heterosexual couple are incapable of love since their intimacy will never lead to procreation. Are you serious?

No, you've made up a different logic and try to make it appear like it followed mine and assumed it to be true. Love is a mechanism for two beings to be drawn to eachother to procreate. It doesn't necessarily always lead to pregnancy.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: olaru12

Who is playing the victim here? Some idiot makes an anti-gay comment and it becomes a Anti GOP/religion frinzy when the guy is just an idiot that wants to be a candidate, good luck I say.

You and I both know that politics is about appearances and attitudes and not real policy. Grist for the political mill! Foolish dumbass statements and attitudes can sink a very expensive campaign. Not expecting your opponents to use stupid remarks against you is so naive as to be idiotic.

Perhaps a little research as to how campaigns are run by all parties might be of benefit.

www.completecampaigns.com...

Letting ideology get in the way of common sense is a prescription for failure.

And running your mouth without regard as to who is listening is extremely stupid. This isn't the 50s; technology and recording devices are everywhere, a fact the GOP seems to ignore.

edit on 13-6-2014 by olaru12 because: O_o

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nevermind...

edit on 13-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Freedom of Speech:

Helping to identify the morons in public office since 1791.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Some old rich man who owns a basketball team says something offensive about his players in private and it is national news with all kinds of heated debates and demands for him to resign.

Now a person who could possibly write laws, a potential legislator, someone who is supposed to uphold to principles like "All men or Created Equal," "Freedom of life, liberty, and happiness," and here is an important one "Separation of Church and State" says something extremely bigoted, and something that no doubt incite hates and violence, yet there are some who are pondering why this person is getting so much negative feedback......

edit on 13-6-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Now a person who could possibly write laws, a potential legislator, someone who is supposed to uphold to principles like "All men or Created Equal," "Freedom of life, liberty, and happiness," and here is an important one "Separation of Church and State" says something extremely bigoted, and something that no doubt incite hates and violence, yet there are some who are pondering why this person is getting so much negative feedback......

Ya, some nut who wants to get elected, lots of them out there, even worst than this guy. Talked to a crazy homeless guy said he was going to run for president... Think we should talk about his wacky ideas too?

Do you guys actually understand what separation of church and state really means?

Back when England had a state run church all other religions were persecuted, so our forefathers wanted the freedom of religion not the absence of it. Not to keep religion out of politics but to keep politics out of religion, I.e. State run religion.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He will not be elected without the help of the Devil himself.

Freedom of Religion also means I can choose to be an atheist or even polytheistic. It in fact gives me the right to live my life completely absent of religion.

There is a reason politics and religion need to be separate, they are not the same thing. Just as science and religion are not the same thing.
edit on 13-6-2014 by jrod because: amazing....

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

No, anti-homosexuality is NOT based on religion. If it was, then there wouldn't be any in atheistic Russia, where there is a much stronger anti-homosexuality sentiment. Sorry but blaming this on religion does not work.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join