It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK GOP candidate: Let cities decide whether gays should be stoned to death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
>>
I believe that rights come from God – not from government
>>

That's almost as bad.

This is what crazed serial killers think too. Most of them kill because "god" told them so, and obviously they don't care about the law.

I had a hard time believing that what the OP posted was real, but I guess it is. The guy is mental, I have no idea how such people GET into politics let alone how they keep in there. Absolutely batsh!t insane as those two sentences clearly prove.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
OH....my my my. WHere do we find these loonies ill never know. The man is a "christian" by name alone but by action what we call a hipocrite.

Also the 10 commandments were under the Old covenant practiced by the HEBREWS. The OT is a history for Modern christians alone. We are under the NT covenant.

SO many "christians" these days are actually wrong and should call themselves HEBREWS because they live by the 10 and not the NT.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Listen, I am 63 years old, raised in church and never ever heard a sermon on homosexuality back in the day, and when I went as an adult I seldom if ever, heard it preached, mostly love and forgiveness, I think this is a new trend because it is becoming such an issue now days

It was all about the ten commandments, and homosexuality isn't included,

I'm so old I didn't even hear about homosexuality until I was a young adult.

although there is more then ten.

It wasn't an issue back in the day, because gays hid in the closet back then. That uncle who never got married was just a "confirmed bachelor". It just wasn't talked about. Then the day came when the younger gays got tired of hiding. THAT is when all this religious nonsense started. People who hate anything different than themselves started using an obscure quote in the Old Testament to justify their hatred.

I am not a supporter of the gay movement and find it offensive to see them do their thing in public. I also find heterosexual intimacy in public offensive as well. What people do in private is their own business.

Your statement, "That uncle who never got married was just a "confirmed bachelor". It just wasn't talked about.", implies that men that never married are gay. This is untrue. Marriage to the opposite sex has nothing to do with homosexuality. Many gays are happily married to the opposite sex and have children.

Its my opinion that homosexuality and lesbianism is a trait people are born with. Maybe its a genetic thing.

The Bible is a book that originated a few thousand years ago and states that homosexuality and lesbianism is an abomination. This philosophy was predominant back in days when established leaders wanted to produce as many people as possible to expand, produce large armies and a large robust economy.

With over population in todays world becoming a big problem, the gay mindset is being propagated as socially acceptable behavior.
edit on 11-6-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

Your statement, "That uncle who never got married was just a "confirmed bachelor". It just wasn't talked about.", implies that men that never married are gay. This is untrue. Marriage to the opposite sex has nothing to do with homosexuality. Many gays are happily married to the opposite sex and have children.

I think you didn't get the point what she (?) said. She never generalized that man who never married are normally gay. However, she pointed out that in the past, it's more likely that many who today would be openly gay were simply living the life as (or were viewed as) "the uncle who never got married" - since homosexuality was (and often still is today) a no-no, a social taboo.

Just picking out this excellent example since my ex's uncle was EXACTLY like that, still to today, while no-one in the family would even speak-out the word "gay" loudly in regards to him ..however secretly think he *IS* gay but lives in extreme denial, possibly even to himself. And in the past, such cases were likely many, many more than today.
edit on 6/11/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

So, is someone gay because 'YOU' think they are? If someone says they are not gay, then its apparent they are not. Unless determining that someone is gay is something decided by the social peers of the person accused. I find this very wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
We all act appalled when an Islamic nation condemns someone to death based on religious nonsense, and it would seem this politician wants to bring that same style of governance a little closer to home.

He should be stoned.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
>>
>>

That's almost as bad.

This is what crazed serial killers think too. Most of them kill because "god" told them so, and obviously they don't care about the law.

So you consider the nation's founders and writers of the Declaration of Independence "crazed serial killer?"

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these ...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
>>
>>

That's almost as bad.

So you consider the nation's founders and writers of the Declaration of Independence "crazed serial killer?"

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these ...

Your creator isn't necessarily God.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. You'll find that the state houses throughout the country are packed with idiots, both Democrat and Republican. This guy, if he wins, is just another one.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
OH....my my my. WHere do we find these loonies ill never know. The man is a "christian" by name alone but by action what we call a hipocrite.

Also the 10 commandments were under the Old covenant practiced by the HEBREWS. The OT is a history for Modern christians alone. We are under the NT covenant.

SO many "christians" these days are actually wrong and should call themselves HEBREWS because they live by the 10 and not the NT.

would make a good topic, since I never fully understood this, do you believe once saved always saved?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The fact is that the Bible does say that gays should be stoned. I personally wouldn't do it - I think they should be convinced to turn away from sin, and the Bible also teaches us not to judge others. But this also makes me wonder why they would advocate for gay marriage in the first place. Marriage is a strictly Christian ceremony. If they advocated for gay WEDDINGS, it would be different. Many religions have weddings, and they could be granted civil unions as a result. But they wanted gay marriage, and to be recognized as Christian couples. This is why so many in the far-right have been riled up. Neither State or Federal government has the authority to dictate religious ceremony.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Marriage is a strictly Christian ceremony.

LOL

WHAT? I don't think so!

I'm pretty sure there were married cave men!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Hehe the Romans got married. As well as everyother culture....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What does that GOP candidate think about divorced women?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

The Romans wed, other cultures wed, only Christians (and Jews, and possibly Muslims, being Abrahamic faiths) get married. Marriage is a sacrament, an act of God. If you don't understand this, it's because you don't understand the Christian sacraments and their importance to Christians.

Marriage is a type of wedding, but a wedding does not necessarily have to be a marriage. For instance, I'm sure Buddhists have weddings, but they don't get married. There is no such thing as a Buddhist marriage. Or a Hindu marriage. Or whatever the Romans called their faith. The confusion probably results from the predominance of Christianity in english-speaking peoples, and the improper common usage of the word "marriage' in our speech. As a result whenever people think of a wedding ceremony, the word "marriage" immediately springs to mind - this is a result of Christian influence in western culture. However it is not a generic common-usage term - it is a Christian term.

I'm not Catholic, but here are a couple good references if you want to learn about it:

www.foryourmarriage.org...

www.vatican.va...
Again, to be clear the anger is at the defilement of a sacrament. Marriage is a sacrament, an act of God. Since God in the Bible only marries men and women together, and also ordered the stoning of gays, the idea of gay marriage is blasphemy.

I'm not trying to oppress anybody, the idea of gays having weddings doesn't bother me. It's the disrespect to Christian Marriage that bothers me.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

You do realize in Jesus's time they did not speak english so the word for marriage that Jesus used is different.

There is no sound reason that I should not be allowed to marry whomever I fall in love with.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's so typical for some Christians to take credit for everything. Even marriage, LOL, yeah, Jesus invented that!

edit on 12-6-2014 by windword because: SOME .. not all

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Either the beard or being an Okie. Their reputation of being slightly cattywumpus in the intellectual dept. is widely known.

Mighty broad brush you're paintin' with there pardner.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
Amen.

...Are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness
[Preamble to The Constitution]

[not just for Americans but for all people, in all countries, everywhere]
-Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

you make an apt comparison