OK GOP candidate: Let cities decide whether gays should be stoned to death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

The GOP candidate responded to a post on Pope Francis saying “who am I to judge?” on homosexuality by posting numerous Old Testament quotations prescribing capital punishment for LGBT people.

Another commenter asked, “So just to be clear, you think we should execute homosexuals (presumably by stoning)?”

“I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” Esk said. “That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

One more from the you "just can't make this #**** up department"

Perhaps the Republicans are on to something! Homophobia, States rights, and public executions and old testament doctrine, just might appeal to the new
brand of far right Fundamentalist conservative electorate.

or on the other hand is the GOP intentionally trying to throw the elections to the libs. It could go either way. American politics has entered the realm of surrealism and street performance.

Greatest show on earth....Bring in the clowns.

ata....I hope this is some kind of sarcasm but I sincerely doubt it.
edit on 11-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is why religion and politics should never be mixed. The constitution should be amended to include separation of church and state before nutcases like this guy can get into office and make it a reality. I wonder if he would also support stoning unruly children?
edit on 11-6-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Seriously, some of these guys are just being totally ironic with hating Islam yet truly espousing everything they stand for. They are the planet's Theohipsters.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
This is why religion and politics should never be mixed. The constitution should be amended to include separation of church and state before nutcases like this guy can get into office and make it a reality. I wonder if he would also support stoning unruly children also?

Perhaps....... it does seem that old testament doctrine is cherry picked when applied to homosexuals, but completely ignored when it comes to eating bacon, divorce or masturbation.... odd compilation, I know but it just happened that way. Sometimes my keyboard has a mind of it's own.

I'll bet the liberal dembs do a little happy dance in the steering committees when compiling election strategy talking points. The mid term debates are not to be missed...

And in the GOP camp of strategy planners....face palm and total embarrassment.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
How ignorant and stupid. Are we going back to the stone age? Are people losing brain cells or what?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

We should stone all the phedophile's to death, but then the pope and the rest of the catholic church wouldn't exist anymore. Publicly execute them and that would stop child molestation dead in it's tracks...who cares about gay people, you can't stop that.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
GOP says the darnedest thing!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I don't know if it's sarcasm or not but I word searched his facebook page back to November of last year and I don't see it. Maybe it has been removed. Overzealous christians are typical finger pointers, but the pope has it right, it's not our place to judge. We should just guide, the judgement comes later if it's necessary by someone with a whole lot more horsepower.

I don't have a facebook page but would like to know if anyone knows if you can remove a posting after it has been made. That would explain the missing info.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
AT least in Texas, treatment for homosexuals is an option. But as a native Texan I can see where public stoning might have a broad appeal. Especially up in the panhandle around Amarillo.

In fact if public stoning homosexuals really caught on it might even replace high school football in popularity.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Noone seriously wants to stone homos. This is just some dummy popping off. It doesn't represent anyone, not even the staunchest of christians.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Noone seriously wants to stone homos. This is just some dummy popping off. It doesn't represent anyone, not even the staunchest of christians.

One would not say such thing unless he is pandering to a certain political(or religious) section.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wonder if this guy rages about Sharia law, while promoting it under another name. I think I already know the answer.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Okay .. I had to go look this one up. It's so outrageous .... The guy is indeed a candidate. Anyone can be a candidate .. no matter how deranged or absurd. And apparently the GOP in OK think he's nutty. Every group has their nuts .. and this guy is a cracked nut for sure. WOW .... Can he possibly really believe what he's spewing or is he looking for attention, even negative attention? Maybe both?? I mean .. yikes!!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Utter sickness...

Makes me feel ashamed to be the same species as this retard.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What in the name of stupid on steroids do we have in THIS loony toon??

Another commenter asked, “So just to be clear, you think we should execute homosexuals (presumably by stoning)?”

“I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” Esk said. “That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

ORLY... It only goes against some parts of libertarianism? That's all? Nothing ELSE wrong with executing our fellow citizens for homosexuality? Oh..and of course, he blows that off as a casual problem as if it could be worked past anyway.

Good Lord..where did they find this turkey?? Somewhere in a dark past?? Oklahoma have a time machine no one knows about? Put him back wherever that was. Please?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Listen, I am 63 years old, raised in church and never ever heard a sermon on homosexuality back in the day, and when I went as an adult I seldom if ever, heard it preached, mostly love and forgiveness, I think this is a new trend because it is becoming such an issue now days

It was all about the ten commandments, and homosexuality isn't included,

I'm so old I didn't even hear about homosexuality until I was a young adult.

although there is more then ten.

I certainly don't personally know anyone that wants to stone gays,

for the love of god, everyone has gone bananas
edit on 013030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There is a big chance that this guy is actually a gay man, but has not yet admitted it to himself.

It's usually these guys that are uncertain of their own sexuality that behave in this manner.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah but, he said it awhile ago. All he has to do is go on TV and shout "What difference does it make???". Then everyone will just move on.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Yeah but, he said it awhile ago. All he has to do is go on TV and shout "What difference does it make???". Then everyone will just move on.

LOL

I have to wonder why he would say something like this?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Listen, I am 63 years old, raised in church and never ever heard a sermon on homosexuality back in the day, and when I went as an adult I seldom if ever, heard it preached, mostly love and forgiveness, I think this is a new trend because it is becoming such an issue now days

It was all about the ten commandments, and homosexuality isn't included,

I'm so old I didn't even hear about homosexuality until I was a young adult.

although there is more then ten.

It wasn't an issue back in the day, because gays hid in the closet back then. That uncle who never got married was just a "confirmed bachelor". It just wasn't talked about. Then the day came when the younger gays got tired of hiding. THAT is when all this religious nonsense started. People who hate anything different than themselves started using an obscure quote in the Old Testament to justify their hatred.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join