It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK GOP candidate: Let cities decide whether gays should be stoned to death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

cattywumpus, I love that word, said it one time to my daughter, she looked at me like I was an alien, I was raised by hillbillies,

;o)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have an idea, and when I first heard about this today, the idea and thoughts that I was having turned out to be far more appealing than ever.

As all of these good Christians seem to think that they are so in the right, that they are willing to endorse things like this, then I say let us make it interesting, a bet and make it where they have a chance to win big, however, should they fail, they lose everything. What all that would be required would be the following:

50 square miles of land, so it would have to be a small, very small community. A panel of judges and experts say 10, to determine the laws of the bible, all 600+ in the bible. The homes and everyone would be watched 24/7, after all if they break a law, then they lose. Now here is the catch, they will have to live as prescribed in the bible, to include their families. The entry fee is that they would have to be willing to give up everything and all assets. If they so believe in the bible, then they could live under said rules for say a set amount of time, like 6 months, to a year. If they break any of the biblical laws, they lose everything and have to go home to seek charity. If they win, it would be say a prize of 5 million dollars, minus taxes and a donation to a charity of their choice, and a tithing to say their church.
The panel would have to consist of say a rabbi, a catholic priest, a minister, and imam as well.

And of course there would have to be weekly temptations to see if they are willing to break a rule to have something that they would have to give up. And the other little small detail that the person would have to admit if they lose, is that in front of a camera, in front of a live audience, if they lose, they will have to admit that they are not good the goodly Christian that they put themselves out to be.

I wonder how many would be so willing to take that bet and do such?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Seriously, some of these guys are just being totally ironic with hating Islam yet truly espousing everything they stand for. They are the planet's Theohipsters.

That was my thought exactly. Ahhh, the deep stench of hypocrisy...I really do wonder if the same guy or his constituents that voted him in complain about Sharia law and Islam. Last I checked, homosexuality under Sharia law was an execution worthy offense and may even warrant stoning to death.

How about a truly novel idea? Let consenting adults love as they will because, last I heard, the government has no legitimate state interest in adults' bedrooms....

See Griswold v. Connecticut, Einstadt v. Baird, Roe v. Wade, and Lawrence v. Texas.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
One thing that really angers me is when you have Christians who rarely if ever follow the tenets of the religion as far as judging others is concerned. These people think that if the Bible says it is wrong then I have to be a total maniac towards those types of people...Do I need to remind these people that their own religion teaches them that judgement is left up to God? You are not justified in killing someone even if it is because of your religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Perhaps the Republicans are on to something! Homophobia, States rights, and public executions and old testament doctrine, just might appeal to the new brand of far right Fundamentalist conservative electorate. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is with 'Republicans' there eh?

The guy sitting in the oval office just release 5 guys like that from Gitmo on the rest of the world.

Back to demagoguery.
edit on 11-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Perhaps the Republicans are on to something! Homophobia, States rights, and public executions and old testament doctrine, just might appeal to the new brand of far right Fundamentalist conservative electorate. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is with 'Republicans' there eh?

The guy sitting in the oval office just release 5 guys like that from Gitmo on the rest of the world.

Back to demagoguery.

This thread isn't about dumbass Obamo; that's just off topic spinning; nice try though!

Demagoguery? It's politics at it's most raw and entertaining theater of the absurd. You really need to lighten up and enjoy the show!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This thread isn't about dumbass Obamo; that's just off topic spinning; nice try though!

Nope that wasn't.

Demagoguery? It's politics at it's most raw and entertaining theater of the

Definately politics of the cess pool kind.

Here let me point out the cognitive dissonance here.

Homophobia is 'unacceptable' !

But any other phobie is totally acceptable:

Like :

Republican phobia.
Rich people phobia
Corporation phobia
Banker phobia.
Gun owner phobia.

I really do want to thank you for the creation for this thread, and I want to thank for the hundreds like it.

Because if it wasn't for them I would have no idea I 'hated' so many people.

Really from the bottom of my 'heart' THANK YOU.

As the evil Republican in the thread.
edit on 11-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Never forget the Taliban, Assad, Saudi royal family are all there countries Conservative party.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Stoning, really? Our leaders leaders are speaking this way.If we start running the country as a theology what would be the difference between us and say Iran? We will not be resorting to biblical era punishments.This guy isnt speaking for the vatican.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

There are so many wacky candidates this time around, it's mind boggling!

Who do you want folks? Take your pick....'A cowboy, a curmudgeon, a biker or a normal guy'

LOL!

I laughed too. But then again we've been electing lawyer for the last century and haven't gotten anywhere

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I really do want to thank you for the creation for this thread, and I want to thank for the hundreds like it.

Because if it was for them I would have no idea I 'hated' so many people.

Really from the bottom of my 'heart' THANK YOU.

As the evil Republican in the thread.

You are quite welcome. I'll try and comb the interwebs for more topics just like this one. There does seem to be plenty to pick from, so It will take some work to cull out the uninteresting one's but I'm up to the task.

btw, I don't think you are an "evil" Republican...just unhappy!
Perhaps the GOP or Tparty will sweep the coming elections and you can thumb your nose at all the people you hate.
I wouldn't count on it however with the likes of Scott Esk out there stirring the pot.
edit on 11-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When was the last time we had people beating up bankers or gun owners? Ever heard of some one refused a job because of having a gun at school? We do allow gun owners to marry gun owners don't we????

Lmao

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I think the guy should have his head examined,
and his political career shattered.

Just my opinion

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It absolutely bewilders me how some people think they have some sort of higher authority over others, not only to decide what is acceptable on not acceptable, but to also decide who should live and who should die. Completely misguided arrogance!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: neo96

When was the last time we had people beating up bankers or gun owners? Ever heard of some one refused a job because of having a gun at school? We do allow gun owners to marry gun owners don't we????

Lmao

Beat up a gun owner? There's a sure way to the hospital. Gun owners marry gun owners and give spawn to gun owners. Gun life in America the perfect symbol of bang-reload-bang.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Talk about insighting gun violence.

After the first couple gays stoned to death some one will start shooting the people that think like this,

This candidate will likely be one of the first one shot.

And he will deserve it.

I don't support gun violence except in self defense or against people that push Genocide or violations of the U.S. CONSTITUTION. this moron meets all three of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Who does this guy think he is, a Muslim?

When is rawstory or dailykos going to condemn the Koran and nations with sharia law like Saudi Arabia and Brunei who advocate the abhorrent practice of stoning homosexuals?

There are millions of people actually practicing this Stone Age belief system instead of a lone individual without any power or chance of winning just talking about it like a moron.

Even if he did manage to win there is no chance of this ever happening.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

But they really don't act manic twards other sins like they do the gay thing. Plenty of second have cheated on there wives or lied and those are in the top ten. It's only the gay sinners who should be stoned.... Makes zero sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I apologize. I previously stated the number of Muslims actually practicing this barbaric act was in the millions.

It is actually 2.7 billion according to rawstory who did actually cover this angle but were not nearly as condemning of these Muslims as this lone pseudo-christian nut job. And oddly enough, they did not mention islam or Muslim once in this article.

More than 2.7 billion people live in countries where being gay is a crime
www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I apologize. I previously stated the number of Muslims actually practicing this barbaric act was in the millions.

It is actually 2.7 billion according to rawstory who did actually cover this angle but were not nearly as condemning of these Muslims as this lone pseudo-christian nut job. And oddly enough, they did not mention islam or Muslim once in this article.

More than 2.7 billion people live in countries where being gay is a crime
www.rawstory.com...

But you realize you only hear about it here in the US when someone doesn't like gays. Whether it's a drive through chicken sandwich, or baking a cake, it only works here because it is the US and there really is no freedom of speech. Slavery still happens today, but no one protest in front of those countries embassies. Should I even mention woman's rights? Hows that working for you ladies, in all those muslim countries. Here we can make you sell your business, kick you out of sporting events, fire you from your job, for racial language. This works no where else, anywhere else you're just a moron, here we ruin lives.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join