It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK GOP candidate: Let cities decide whether gays should be stoned to death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
How ignorant and stupid. Are we going back to the stone age? Are people losing brain cells or what?

There are a couple of interesting theories about this actually. I tend to think it is this flash culture. Everything around us comes so quickly and then it is gone. They prey on it to. Fast sound bites, quick commercials, branding on everything, so much data that you cant possibly ingest it all. What it does is eats up our ability to concentrate and really get to the meaning of things.

News stories are fast and done. They rarely do anything but scratch the surface. Quick conclusion and its done. Terrorists are jealous of our freedoms ... move on. The govt wants to take our guns ... move on.

Sorry ... I don't want to derail this thread. This candidate has completely lost touch with any sort of reality. It is pretty embarrassing. The real problem is that there are probably more day to day people you run into on the street that feel the same way.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

did they stone gays back in Jerusalem, I thought it was only harlots?

poor harlots

edit on 013030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
2 things...A. This is where Christianity is dangerous. It's too easy to have someone with a deranged mind, like this, take the bible verses seriously. These types of things need to be taken out of the bible. I mean if I had a mission statement for my business and there was something crazy in it that could be taken out of context. I would remove it.

B. Why are these crazies always from the right/conservative or republican side of things. I'm not defending any sleezeballs like Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi and most of them, they are very slimy and untrustworthy. I get that. But there is a special kind of violent, hateful nut that comes out of the right. Why is that?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Yeah but, he said it awhile ago. All he has to do is go on TV and shout "What difference does it make???". Then everyone will just move on.

Really?

You don't think the democrats have made note of this and will use this dumbass remark when debating GOP candidates.
They will throw this type of BS up at every opportunity.

This is politics....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I have no idea...but I know homosexuality is a Capital offense which is executed in some nations. 5 by this source, although others say 7 and some 70-80 nations still outlaw it directly. So..I guess a time machine isn't really necessary. Just somewhere OTHER than America and hey, I hear OKC Airport has a steady schedule of flights departing daily.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Yeah but, he said it awhile ago. All he has to do is go on TV and shout "What difference does it make???". Then everyone will just move on.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

But there is a special kind of violent, hateful nut that comes out of the right.

not necessarily there are left wing voters today that still stone people back in the old country

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He seems like a typical poster who would vote for a Candidate in the OP. Can guess by the way he fused the Apples and Oranges.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I have no idea...but I know homosexuality is a Capital offense which is executed in some nations. 5 by this source, although others say 7 and some 70-80 nations still outlaw it directly. So..I guess a time machine isn't really necessary. Just somewhere OTHER than America and hey, I hear OKC Airport has a steady schedule of flights departing daily.

absolutely it is still practiced.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

He seems like a typical poster who would vote for a Candidate in the OP. Can guess by the way he fused the Apples and Oranges.

seriously, you think anyone on ATS condones what he said?

You are kidding? right?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

My bet is that Mr. Scott Esk is a member of ATS....and I think I know who he is!!!
edit on 11-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

My bet that Mr. Scott Esk is a member of ATS....and I think I know who he is!!!

see, this is where it gets tricky, if I accused another faith( which still stones people for being gay) I would be called a bigot

I'm gone

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

seriously, you think anyone on ATS condones what he said?

You are kidding? right?

Its scary what kinda of things i seen get upvoted or "Starred" on ATS.

ATS does have members of every mindset.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

My bet that Mr. Scott Esk is a member of ATS....and I think I know who he is!!!

see, this is where it gets tricky, if I accused another faith( which still stones people for being gay) I would be called a bigot

I'm gone

lol where are you getting religion from?

last i saw, we are criticizing the candidate.

There is nothing wrong with point out other religions's problems, as long as they dont single them out.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
there are fruitcakes everywhere, look at congress, don't judge everyone because of the fruitcakes

personally I think it might be the beard

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

There are so many wacky candidates this time around, it's mind boggling!

Who do you want folks? Take your pick....'A cowboy, a curmudgeon, a biker or a normal guy'

LOL!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

there are fruitcakes everywhere, look at congress, don't judge everyone because of the fruitcakes

Either the beard or being an Okie. Their reputation of being slightly cattywumpus in the intellectual dept. is widely known.

dictionary.reference.com...

Just an old joke from Lubbock...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

That pos isn't anything like a libertarian.
He's talking about being pro murder. wtf is wrong with these people.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Bible says that if you divorce and remarry you commit adultery.

I wonder if all those divorced and remarried people in OK will be stoned too.

You guys may want to move quick.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Either the beard or being an Okie. Their reputation of being slightly cattywumpus in the intellectual dept. is widely known.

dictionary.reference.com...

Just an old joke from Lubbock...

sadly, my son in law is a Sioux okie, he is pretty wacky, the most hot tempered fundamentalist christian you would ever want to meet, he hates everyone, come to think of it he might say something like this just to be an A$$

edit on 023030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join