It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Bans Cheese - Really

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: douggie60" Blessed are the dieters for they shall inhibit their girth"...especially if they eat low-skimmed mozzarella.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Some folks say that many of us jumped the gun or misunderstood this whole thingy relevant to cheese...no matter, even so, sooner or later it will probably become exactly as some of us have perceived it to be some where down the line. It has nothing to do with hating govt. or this country, it has everything to do with how much intrusion is occurring in our daily lives and how much we object to said intrusion. Our food is being manipulated/changed/engineered to such a degree nowadays, even if folks are wrong in how they are understanding the cheese dealy, in many other areas about food, we have legitimate concerns.

Our stomachs are having a hard time adjusting to the new and "improved" corn and wheat and soy and the like. The various insecticides/pesticides and more are affecting our foods and how our body processing all of that. There is a farm in Kansas that is mixing human liver cells with corn...yum...no wonder we may jump the gun or misunderstand and get concerned. Besides, some of the wording in these various reports are vague and confusing and invite concerns/worries/mix-ups. Our food supply is in danger regardless and we should be vigilant/concerned and mindful of any and all relevant to what we hear about it all. In some cases we may be wrong, but in very many cases, I'm afraid we may be "dead right"...literally.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lol do you live in the US?? As much as I, an ordinary citizen, would love to stroll into a gun store and purchase a fully automatic assault rifle, I can't. There are classes to firearms. You would need a class 3 FFL to purchase a full-auto weapon.

Pretty sure you meant SEMI-automatic right?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I havent read the whole thread but I was born and raised in northeren Wisconsin and I have worked in 3 small cheese factories and 1 large one in my youth. I have also worked in a pickle factory and now I am a machine repairman in a large brewery so I have alot of food processing experiance and I will tell you the small cheese factorys were by far the cleanest operations I have been in. The FDA is out of control.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I will propose that due to how widespread this bunk story is across the Net, that it may have been planted just for this purpose, to allow the "alternative community" to shoot itself in the foot. Which worked perfectly.

Why or how could it work? Because most of these folks do not investigate by questioning or researching for solid info. Oh well it is inevitable that fools will be fooled.

Learn the lesson now, be glad you didn't lose any $ this time. Next time your wallet will be the target, if it wasn't already this time around.

Over 60 flags supporting deception and misleading misinfo?
Seriously this is the right time to be ashamed if you are guilty.

We will NEVER beat the tyrants at his rate. Stuff like this proves to the mainstream folks that our alt news is even faker than the MSM. That is a bonafide disaster! And it is a weekly pattern...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"FDA Bans Cheese - Really" - Very sensationalistic title, and a lie to boot. Designed to persuade people to click it and flag your thread.

They didn't ban cheese, they banned some cheese making processes that could lead to bacteriological contamination of the end product.

I really wish there was a negative star or negative flag option for people who use sensationalist or incorrect titles.

I've never worked in a dairy, so I don't have the benefit of first-hand experience, but I can understand where the FDA's paranoia is coming from. Cleaning porous surfaces such as wooden boards, is difficult, and incorrectly done, it could lead to a lot of people getting quite seriously ill.

That said, I can also understand the cheesemakers side. A lot of their unique flavours comes from harmless bacteria introduced in the aging process, of which the porosity of the aging boards play a part.

It is an issue I would be hard pressed to decide on, however, in this case, I must reluctantly side with the FDA, and agree that the porous ageing boards should be phased out, due to the potential for contaminating a product eaten by thousands of people.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
As long as there is no pushback from the people there will not be a line that this government wont cross and if they get to remove guns from the equation they will put the pedal to the metal and we will never be free again. We MUST get rid of anyone in government who takes away even the tiniest freedom we are entitled to as if our lives depend on it because in the final analysis it does.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Fortunately I don't live in USA...otherwise I would have sparked a revolution!

And after this idiotic law to ban artisanal cheese, I do not move in USA until they erase this stupid law.

This is the "treasure" I find in any Restaurant every week-end...

Gorgonzola (D.O.P) - Denomination of Origin Protect

Pecorino (D.O.P.)

Provolone (D.O.P.)

Mozzarella (D.O.P.)

Parmiggiano Reggiano (D.O.P)

Grana Padano (D.O.P.)

And hundreds of other gems...

edit on 12-6-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Oh. Okay.

Let them eat plastic?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Also, June 10th Forbes has a story that the FDA has backed down on these regs. So friends, pass the
Limburger.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Every day things get more backwards. Millenia-old methods? Unsafe. Brand new genetically tampered organism with little regulation? Super-cool.

I woke up over a year ago and this "opposites" trend is getting outrageous. It reminds me of how in Orwell's 1984, once a fact is changed, no one acknowledges it. Pretty soon we'll hear about how cheese has ALWAYS been unhealthy or dangerous, and how processing eliminates all sorts of risk. F%^! that I'ma buy a cow and some goats.
edit on 12-6-2014 by kismetpair927 because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have eaten Cherrios for many years.
two years ago I started getting irritable boules.
to me some time to find it was cherrios and some pea nuts.

I bet both are from GMO.
are they doing a GMO cheese soon?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The latest stats say that cheese related crime is on the increase, police are urging people to use mice to barricade doorways and windows.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

They feed the cows who produce the milk for the cheese GMO feed, you eat the poison milk, cheese, and the cow too! It sick but the children-oriented food, or the trustworthy items, like Cheerios, are the worst for GMO products. GMO corn, GMO wheat, I believe there is GMO sugar, and well as the milk issue. Are they labeling any of this where you live? The govt here ruled they can't be labeled because "GMO aren't dangerous" according to the FDA run by the people that own the cmpanies producing this GMO crap. But individual companies who care are labeling themselves,thank God.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927
Thank You.
People are really underestimating some of the things we do everyday.
BOOOOOO for milk, and cheese.
(though I still have a hard time putting it down)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Maybe this will get the hipsters in a tizzy. They pride themselves on being foodies. I'll stick to my E-Z Cheez, thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pistolerooo
Also, June 10th Forbes has a story that the FDA has backed down on these regs. So friends, pass the
Limburger.

yes, here it is.......
reason.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So wait, they can ban cheese, but won't ban guns? Anyone else see the problem?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Some of us are old enough to remember the start war of the FDA vs whole milk unpasteurized, non homogenized (the good fresh stuff). Same with goat milk. Small dairies cant clean the glass jars properly , we are not trying to kill small dairies the FDA replied to public whining but its for your own good. Goat milk OMG thats even worse. No were not trying to put the dairy goat business out of business its for your safety and health. Add medicinal herbs to the list .

Never mind its been done for thousands of years . We at the FDA know better than the world and thousands of years of history. Why because us and our corporate backers say so . What about the Science ? FDA replies, because us and our corporate backers said so.

Now all the small dairies selling fresh cow or goat milk are gone you get milk laced with antibiotics and rbgh(bovine growth hormone) . And if any one tries to sell the real untainted stuff they get raided with FDA swat team like a coc aine drug dealer WTF. You cant have the natural stuff you cant handle the good stuff.

FDA made rules people screamed they back off push again back off rinse and repeat till they win.

Same old song and dance 3 steps forward concessions 2 steps back, rinse and repeat till FDA rule and corporate agenda meet.

When you see and hear the same old song and dance enough you recognize it by the first few notes

Name that Tune

4 notes or less.

Oh I know that one its " FDA screws you over for the donating corporation".

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Apparently, they've backed down on the aged cheese issue....for now.
www.forbes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join