It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Bans Cheese - Really

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know this all started with the overharvesting of the goldfish they use to make those little crackers, right? Gore's probably going to pick up his second Nobel for getting to the bottom of that one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
All so that the corporations can make even bigger bucks. The USDA and FDA are infilitrated by corporate lobbyists.

But here's the 20 million dollar question, when will the FDA ban oxygen?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wow, they are doing a great job trying to shut down small businesses for their corporate overlords. They are doing this with the ecig industry, because the proposed regulations would be far too expensive for small-medium sized businesses. Now they're trying to shut down small cheese makers?

What other industries are they doing this to? Maybe small business owners from these different industries could band together to fight this BS. If you're some multi-million or multi-billion dollar corporation, I don't see the need in shutting down all of your competition with the governments help. Seriously what scumbags. How do we fight this?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BanTv
Seriously what scumbags. How do we fight this?

Well, considering that the FDA has banned guns, pitchforks, and even the First Amendment itself...
edit on 11-6-2014 by WhatWeNeedToday because: Praise the FDA! Fear the FDA!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: pirhanna

Only in America......

Go home FDA, you're drunk - you remind me of the obsessive mother who can't stand the thought of her children playing in dirt.

It's all good for hundreds of years, until now.

Good move

I think the public are restricted to semi automatic cheeses only.

Fully automatic cheese is government/military only.

But make sure you've registered all your Gouda rounds and Babybels otherwise you maybe subject to a midnight raid by the Bureau of Cheese, Yogurt and Dairy Products.

There's rumors that the Panela and Queso Blanco cartels are muscling in on lucrative Parmesan trade due to the high demand.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Only in America......

Go home FDA, you're drunk - you remind me of the obsessive mother who can't stand the thought of her children playing in dirt.

It's all good for hundreds of years, until now.

Good move

I think the public are restricted to semi automatic cheeses only.

Fully automatic cheese is government/military only.

But make sure you've registered all your Gouda rounds and Babybels otherwise you maybe subject to a midnight raid by the Bureau of Cheese, Yogurt and Dairy Products.

There's rumors that the Panela and Queso Blanco cartels are muscling in on lucrative Parmesan trade due to the high demand.

High velocity armor piercing cheese is strictly special forces.

And being hit with a fondue grenade at close range, you are looking at delicious 3rd degree cheese burns, that # is like napalm. WIth no bread sticks.... you're dead in the water.

edit on b4848534 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I guess their next target willl be whiskey which is aged in wood barrels?

The whole point of the FDA from start until today is to crush competition for big corporations.

Communism is ownership of production the government. Ownership is simply a formal way of control. The job of the FDA is to control cheese production. That is communism.

Enjoy your government cheese, communist America.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Does this mean Canada is going to start smuggling cheese into the USA like we did with alcohol during prohibition?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

I like Velveeta cheese. I admit it. It just beats the hell out of American on a Grilled Cheese sandwich. Since Americans obviously invented cheese I think we have the right to ban it if we want.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Let them ban it!!!! IMO we should all be making-growing-raising our own EVERYTHING we eat/drink.

Dont have time to grow/make your own?

I can bet there are local farmers-artisans ect who will do it
for you and a good number of them will barter

edit on 11-6-2014 by trig_grl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Blessed are the cheese makers, for they shall inherit the earth.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh now I see clearly why Americans need their automatic weapons, it was just in case the facist US government banned cheese. Forget the Patriot act (wee buns) or the spying on millions of Americans through emails and phone calls (slight oversight) or the trampling of the declaration of independance (minor hickup) It is the cheese that is really important, go get them guys.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: douggie60
Blessed are the cheese makers, for they shall inherit the earth.

Does that apply to all manufacturers of dairy products?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Their justification for this is technically correct; wooden boards cannot be sterilized and can breed bacteria. But where's the harm? People are got getting sick from this. I guarantee that I eat a million bacteria a day with my food, even if I'm careful. You know the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". FDA needs to stay out of people's business, and go post cat videos on Facebook while sitting in their cubicle farms.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
After Bush's great accolade in rewriting history, by changing 'French Fries' into "Freedom Fries", ObamaCo. has been stumped for years over an analogful parallel in the world of food to set in stone his monumental supremacy over the mobs...

In this quest the Google team had been stumped for several years, until one bright intern murmured that perhaps if 'we' were to 'Americanize' all global cheese production into processed "American Cheese", the American Empire's stranglehold over the minds of the planet might also be cemented in a whole new way via the same initiative.

In an interview with our historically attuned yet visionful intellectually choice ruler, our personal Constitutional Law professor (and community organizer (with almost unexplainable media Big Media accreditations), the one and only Lord Sir Obama, when asked about what to do about Non-American Cheese he decreed:
"We choose to eat low grade American Cheese not because it is easy on the tastebuds & health, but because it is not".
edit on 12-6-2014 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

This is really messed up... I love my cheese. Cheese makes the world go around.

These FDA rules are getting ridiculous...

BTW, did the law pass already or are we still on the timetable to put in complaints about this unnecessary law?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Finally MTV will be taken off the air.....or is that a different type of cheese??

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It seems this is just another method of madness for Big Business to dominate yet again. The President use to have to go through proper channels in order to enact a bill and now it is okay to skip all of that. The FDA has a similar process where a "comment rule making" (public discussion) would take place and then a ban could take place, this process was skipped all together. The FDA stated a lie concerning wood could not be sanitized properly to prevent the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes. (Ironic that cheese is made from bacteria, and they are afraid of bacteria.)

This really isn't about the cheese, many people love cheese including me (Especially aged, imported cheese made with RAW Milk). A large portion of cheese that is made in this fashion is imported from Europe and Canada, so in a sense all cheese imported will indefinitely be effected by this ban. It's just another way for the high corporate companies to manufacture a cheap product and make the most money. Also to have a product that use to have good nutrients to essentially have no healthy value to your body. Will this ever stop? You may read all about it here: www.huffingtonpost.com... a reply to: pirhanna

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The population of the United States of America absolutely must take control back and execute a bloody revolution to take back their own government and frankly, since they seem to be so content with being cornholed they likely never will.

What a difference 300 years makes.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tacocat Aha, another Monty Python fan! I thought it was funny when I heard it said in "Life of Brian"...also, "Blessed are the dieters for they shall inhibit their girth".
....especially with low skimmed mozzarella. Anyway, they need to leave our cheese alone and worry about getting the VA thingy fixed, the hunger problem here in the US and so much more. But no, they gotta mess with cheese while gluten and high fructose and such are the things that really need FDA attention. FDA...cuts the cheese in my book. The frankenfoods should top the list. They need to check their brains too...they seem to have swiss cheese for brains.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join