It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are truly destroying the construction industry nationwide, sorry Mexicans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

No human being is 'illegal,' full stop.

Monger i'm posting just for this
i wish i had a aplauding smiley.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

True, but this thread was specifically talking about mexicans and the construction industry. I am in the same situation basically but I work in IT. My job was outsourced so now I have to do a job I am extremely overqualified for at 30% less pay.

Globalism is exponentially increasing the income inequality all over the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Im a painter/decorator here in Ireland.
There was 3 of us on a site about 6 years ago, just as the recession started, and we were working for 80 euro a day. Before the recession it was a minimum double that. But the construction industry here came to a halt so jobs were scarce.
Came into work one morning and the gaffer told the 3 of us we were being let go.
Turned out he was replacing us with 3 Polish guys who were willing to work for 30 euro a day!
Straight away we realised our anger at the gaffer for hiring them, and he got a couple of slaps in the head.
The Polish blokes were very apologetic after seeing that.
We told them to leave but they wouldnt and there was nothing we could do about it.
So its not the workers fault they just wanted to earn a few quid.
But then again, it was in a way. They should realise that we have mouths to feed too...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem Well dear i'am an renwable energies engeneer, i'm payd a 1/4 less than any men in my position, in any company in my country, just because i'am a women. And i'm lucky i got hired because i got a prize at my university. who should i blame?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Star and flag from Lj01.

It seems that the people who work construction get it.

It seems the ones that don't, well you see how the thread is going.

We are the one's that build the nation, but according to alot of people we deserve slave wages.

I bet that some/most replying on this thread can't even hack it. I know what it is to work on a roof in the 100 degree heat. When the heat advisory recommends people stay indoors, we are out there building and trying to make a living.

I will not do my job for 14$ an hour. I don't care what immigrant does, that is their fault. I would rather flip burgers for $8.50 an hour.

If you have never been a construction wworker, then you just will not understand.

Union strong and proud of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I hear you my man!

I install flooring and the competition is rough we travel all over the country just to support ourselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Pointless...
edit on 7-6-2014 by James1982 because: Pointless..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

I dont want to blame anyone, i was just making a point i dont feel lika a victim, but that still doesn't make it diferent. In my country most of the jobs have diferent paychecks for girls and boys, we are trying to change that at least.
edit on 0040630xu4306pm630 by Bitxushanty because: redundance

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Either you're responding to the wrong post or you didn't read what I wrote.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LeviWardrobe

Actually you need to blame the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT for ENCOURAGING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. AND the COMPANIES that hire them. PErsonally I would militarize the border, dredge the Rio grand increasing its depth with 30 ft high fence above and below ground. ALso introduce Automatic gun turrets on the US Side of the border with warnings in mexican
over loudspeakers and signs that tresspassers will be shot. Add th e ability of turrets being able to differentiate between Americans and illegals by issuing electronic tags/visual face recognition they can scan from a distance in all weathers. Codes are randomized and change daily to prevent hacking or fake ids. The only place unguarded as such should be the official crossing.

The mexican government will piss and moan of course as well as employers.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Are you finely finding this out.

The construction industry was ruined 20 year ago out here in calif.

I never hire them because they were not true craftsmen.

A friend hired a couple to do tile work and they had worked for a major construction contractor and did not know how to do sand grouting. they had only done the silicone type that is almost imposable to clean or remove.

I had to finish the job and i was a industrial construction electrician.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Our government would never allow it, again it is our own government that allows the immigration to happen.
And cause what you describe is a massive pipe dream. And since when does trespassing equal death?
Is that how you want out justice system to start working? Just kill people to stop them from breaking a law?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: LeviWardrobe

Actually you need to blame the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT for ENCOURAGING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. AND the COMPANIES that hire them. PErsonally I would militarize the border, dredge the Rio grand increasing its depth with 30 ft high fence above and below ground. ALso introduce Automatic gun turrets on the US Side of the border with warnings in mexican
over loudspeakers and signs that tresspassers will be shot. Add th e ability of turrets being able to differentiate between Americans and illegals by issuing electronic tags/visual face recognition they can scan from a distance in all weathers. Codes are randomized and change daily to prevent hacking or fake ids. The only place unguarded as such should be the official crossing.

The mexican government will piss and moan of course as well as employers.

you are not keeping immigrants out unless if you are by definition a totalitarian dictatorship.

democracies never work like that ; they allow immigration .

legal or illegal is in your mind only , the mexican sees the dollars.

as long as you are richer then your neighbour , your neighbour will live off of your excess .

everything is as it ought to be and government is complicit and they got the votes .

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
It's true. I work in a construction trade making 15$ an hour for a job that ten to fifteen years ago would have payed 20. I know from personal experience that illegals come here and drive the wages down, underbid everyone else and cost tens of thousand of Americans their jobs everyday.

If you deny this then you just have no experience.

The construction industry would be great if the alternative we're true but guess what? It's not.

Now I'm not racist really I'm not. The truth is the truth however and we need to do something about it.

Don't blame the immigrants blame the people that hire them.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Can you justify that response with more logic please? Not disagreeing but I want to hear your reasoning.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
True post OP but the powers that be like it. Immigration is the new slavery. Also I had an uncle and grandfather both put out of business by illegal immigrants that under bid because they slept 24 to a one bedroom apartment and all road to work in a few of vehicles. The apartment managers cannot do anything about it. Living like that how can you under bid them? They have almost no over head.

edit on 7-6-2014 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeviWardrobe
a reply to: Euphem
The immigrants themselves are being exploited too. The true villains here are the companies. You can't blame the immigrants. "They destroy hard working peoples lives by working under the table illegally." The issue isn't that they're willing to work under the table. The issue is that the companies are willing to accept their work. It is exploitation.

"but if they weren't here in the first place these companies wouldn't have that option."

That reminds of the argument that women showing too much skin puts some fault on them when they are raped. "If the woman didn't make herself sexually exploitable, the man wouldn't have had the opportunity to rape her."

Yes, it is true that businesses are opportunistic... it is also true that they need to be held accountable for their actions. They are the deciders. Nobody forces them to hire illegals. It is such a farce to try and blame the immigrants for this.

You are comparing a woman who LEGALLY wears what she want and getting raped... to someone who is committing a crime by being in our country ILLEGALLY and taking a job for a cheaper wage that someone who is a citizen or here legally would want... albeit for a higher wage.. a wage that they should fairly get for the work they are performing?

WOW...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join