It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Treasure Hunters find amazing ancient artifacts( Real or fake?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby
the way the figures are set supporting the sarcophagus in large numbers may indicate that these were not finest art pieces, but mass produced for exactly what they are shown being used for. again, there are many levels or artisanship in the Egyptian kingdom. the finest craftsmen in the land were not every craftsman in the land, any more than the best craftsmen today represent most craftsmen.
if you will look at the funerary artifacts in museums, you will see that there are a VERY WIDE SPECTRUM of styles and qualities. many are similar to what we see in the video. it is ignorant to assume that tourist replicas don't in fact represent REPLICAS based entirely on real items, therefore the tourist replicas resemble exactly real artifacts. without examination o date age in many cases it would be impossible to tell, but you are free to jump to any erroneous judgement you want, of course..lol

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
as per my statements above its hard to tell authenticity - to see a mummy unwrapped or a sarcophagus opened in the video would be telling. However, there is one FACT here that pretty much proves it as hoax for me...not entirely...but pretty much..

yes, gold and blue are the colors of royal tombs, its true. king tut even had a golden chariot in his tomb. so the amount of gold shown wouldn't be unusual for a king.

but the important point here is that ONLY KINGS are interred with both their arms crossed across their chest according to the Egyptologists studying Nefertiti. What that means is that several of the sarcophagus hold KINGS. That is completely improbable and highly unlikely for the tomb of unknown kingS to be discovered. there were several "kings" in there. The kings of Egypt are mostly known and these would be easy to identify from the writing on the sarcophagus. since its unlikely a bunch of unknown kings have been discovered all together there, and they would have had a lot of specific markings identifying exactly who they are, it is probably fake. however, no one has studied the markings on the sarcophagus, so..the debate still open. But these are either known kings or it is probably fake.
edit on 5-6-2014 by urmenimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
another important point to realize in analyzing the authenticity of this, is that there would be no reason to fake gold figurines in order to sell them for 1 million a pop. if it wasn't real gold, there aren't many people who would pay 1 million for a fake. if you have 1 million to buy an ornament, you and your antiquities dealer probably aren't stupid enough to buy fake gold. likewise, it is completely unlikely that the 'fakers' would cast real gold figurines to sell as forgeries, unless they were already billionaires holding tons of gold bullion to cast...not to mention it makes no sense whatsoever that they would try to sell 1000 fake gold figurines one at a time for 1 million each...too time consuming and risky.

that leaves ONLY two possibilities. the tomb is either legitimately filled with gold figurines, or they faked the whole tomb TO SELL A FEW HIGH QUALITY FAKE STONE AND POTTERY REPLICAS. the seller will use the fake footage to say he has a real tomb, and then sell a few high quality stone fakes [hard to date] to suckers. there is no way fakers are holding that much real gold bullion, or expecting savvy, wealthy purchasers to buy 1000's of fake gold items.

one other possibility [only if its real], is that they hope to make a single sale, say for 1 billion, for the whole lot to one buyer..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
People seem not to realize, that this DOES NOT SHOW A TOMB.
It is a secure place where the treasure hunters keep their found treasure safe from the world.
It is not an unopened tomb, but a storage room

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs
It is a secure place where the treasure hunters keep their found treasure safe from the world.

this screams to me that it is fake. why? because they place the small sarcophagi around the larger ones. if it isn't a tomb why do that, a storage for artifacts would be stacked or sorted, not set up like it's going to be filmed for people. if it is a tomb it would be set up in a way that reflects eqyptian funeral rites and have writing on the walls, it wouldn't have stuff half buried in sand, it wouldn't have the gods pushed off into a corner like that. it wouldn't have the containers with the organs dumped to the side.

also the statues look cast, a large number are from tutankhamun, and when the camera passes the "bones", there are only femurs. where are the skulls at?

it's fake, i mean look at the first big sarcophagi it doesn't remotely look like it's carved from stone. it looks like it was cast from concrete, i think i might even see someone air bubbles.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Great find! F&S for the OP!

If it's a hoax, looks like someone really went to a lot of trouble to orchestrate it.

I see that several posters noticed the grey alien statue at the 1:44 mark, but did anyone else notice the tiny sarcophagus at around the 55 sec. mark, (some of which appeared to be opened) with tiny figures in them? Kinda reminds me of these things, whatever they are;

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

that's ridiculous because if not a purposeful fake, then the Gold figures, literally the flesh of the gods to the Egyptians, were stacked carefully and purposefully for magical and ceremonial purpose. tomb robbers are known to rip the arms off mummies to get the jewelry. these would have been ceremonially laid down around the coffins to symbolize the transition to afterlife.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: demongoat

many chambers where Egyptian royals are stored are cramped, and have no writing on the walls. if this mummy has his arms crossed he is a king. most all coffins have the person's name on them.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

small figurines, not particularly artistic were very common in ancient Egypt. for instance, kings smashed small clay figurines before going into battle. they looked very similar to the ones in this cave.

the REALIST thing about this whole thing to me is the way the small gold [flesh of gods] statues are placed around the supposed king.

I lean toward fake though without examination. the only reason to fake such a complex video is to sell fake relics based upon "having discovered an unopened tomb'. how they faked that coffin, though...i'll never know. amazing. very real looking.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

one other thing makes it seem fake... in an earlier version of the cave walkthrough, a man-sized gold statue was largely buried. in a later-filmed walkthrough, many of the statues had been lifted out of the silt and then set back onto their original location uncovered by dust so they were more visible. later in that second video, we see the large man-sized gold statue upright and out of the dust. if solid, it would be hard or impossible for only a couple guys to do in that small space. of course a lot of Egyptian burial artifacts were simply PLATED with gold.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

your theory does make sense IF its real and IF they were transported and hidden by Priests to PREVENT looters. that would explain the religious placement of the figurines around the coffin rather than signs of desecration... if its real.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: urmenimu

many chambers where Egyptian royals are stored are cramped, and have no writing on the walls. if this mummy has his arms crossed he is a king. most all coffins have the person's name on them.

nothing you said refutes anything i said.
so what if chambers are cramped? the point is that the gods are treated with respect, the rituals are not done poorly and the organs of the kings are treated with respect, clearly those videos show they aren't. thus i doubt that is a tomb.

also the "artifacts" are from time periods when they did have writing on the walls. i saw images of tutankhamun, akhenaten(the little statue someone mistook as an alien, he had a large head), and ramses the second. i was pointing out that it wasn't a tomb like people were mistaking it for, everyone of those people lived long after the egyptians adopted the practice of depicting the lives of their kings on the walls of their tombs.

i was refuting the idea that this was a tomb, it looks like a cave, not a store room and definitely not a tomb.
edit on 5-6-2014 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2014 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
As much as I would like to believe this video, I find myself believing that it's a Hoax.

The gold deities are to shiny...nit enough dust around some artifacts, whine there is plenty around others.

Maybe I'm wrong...but at the moment, I can't believe it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The bones specifically look too clean, especially considering they are just out in the open mixed with the other "artifacts". See screenshot below from video as example.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

1:40 King "Tut's" burial effigy dolls, little sarcophagi, very similar to the ones in the video and duplicates of each other.

the TOTALLY AMAZING thing about finding these exact same golden mini sarcophagi effigies in King Tut's tomb, IS THAT TUT WAS BASICALLY THE ONLY ROYAL TOMB EVER FOUND INTACT - all others were previously looted! and yet here we have 100's of these effigies in what appears an unlooted tomb..the ONLY other unlooted royal tomb [arms crossed at death is for kings only], with king tut having the exact same mini effigies in his tomb! remarkable coincidence. ...if its real.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Sadly, if these are pieced off and sold to the highest private bidders...they never will get studied...and prob. all of each's history gone...except the few museums may buy

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: demongoat

i was refuting the idea that this was a tomb, it looks like a cave, not a store room and definitely not a tomb.

well, you didn't refute very well - we can see the rocks are clearly cut, with chambers and walls, so yes, its either a storeroom or since it has bodies...a tomb.

the items were laid ceremonially, so its either a TOMB, or the royal sarcophagi were STORE-ROOMED there purposefully by priests in hide away from looters but also still respecting ceremony... if its real.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysteriousHusky
a reply to: Xtrozero

The bones specifically look too clean, especially considering they are just out in the open mixed with the other "artifacts". See screenshot below from video as example.

the bones are TOTALLY suspicious.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: demongoat

nothing you said refutes anything i said.
so what if chambers are cramped? the point is that the gods are treated with respect, the rituals are not done poorly and the organs of the kings are treated with respect, clearly those videos show they aren't. thus i doubt that is a tomb.

I am saying that many other royal burial chambers were cramped. obviously. also, we can see by the careful ceremonial laying of the magical effigy dolls and placement of gods and gold urns [for organs, etc. we can assume] in specific areas, that indeed intense ceremonial care WAS taken. no one was 'stored' but placed respectfully. with ritual.. OBVIOuSLY hahah ...IF its real. good fake if it is.

if you think GOLD [the flesh of the gods] colored miniature sarcophagi, EACH one symbolizing a KING in heaven, aren't placed ceremonially around the coffins as if all previous entombed pharaohs are lifting at once with the very flesh of gods to spirit the deadking in the video off into the realmn of gods...IFyou actually believe the perfect placement of golden colored effigies couldn't have ceremonial significance, if you believe the perfect placement is PROOF there was no ceremony, as you state, then sir, I believe our conversation is finis. haha. if its real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join