It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Treasure Hunters find amazing ancient artifacts( Real or fake?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful...even if fake. It does not appear, to me, to be such.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Is it known if this is an actual find location or is it a private collection?

It looks nothing like an actual find location - apart from a few items and there placement. I'd imagine they'd have a hard time removing all the stuff from one location to another, without being spotted, especially after publishing these videos. That's not mentioning all the activity that must've taken place to excavate such a large cavern and all the activity required to rig the cavern with lighting/electricity.

If it is not the actual find location, then I have a hard time believing it is real. Hundreds of millions of $$ worth of artifacts and they are dumped together in wooden crates and stacked on top of each other in cave wall holes? I can't imagine anyone who understands their value - in ancient times or now - storing genuine items in such an unprotected and disheveled manner.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

dude, look closely... those wooden crates you are seeing are highly decorated, ancient, thick wood funerary boxes, or forgeries thereof. the effigies that are stacked in holes may be lesser accompanying retinue - unimportant until unpacked in the afterlife, so to speak...servants. most items are set out roughly in ritual organization. People tend to forget here that if real, the likelihood that these items sat in this cave for approximately 4000YEARS is very good. after earthquakes and settling, everything will look quite a bit more disheveled than when items were first laid out [except gold, which keeps its luster]... 4000 years in a earthquake-decaying dungeon doesn't leave all the flower offerings fresh and god statues upright. ...if this isn't a fake

I do think an earlier person's suggestion that the items may have been moved at some time is a possibility. if the items were relocated from an original burial chamber to avoid looters, it happened sometime in time middle or late kingdom, not in recent history, as signified by the knowledgeable ritual placement of 'magical' objects/effigies. technically speaking, EVERY ITEM in an ancient Egyptian burial is a religiously meaningful magical object to one degree or another. everything. the ancient Egyptians were obsessed with magic and symbolic ritual. whoever laid out those items did so for specific ceremonial reasons as we can see by their placement...or to make it look like ritual placement if they are fakers.
edit on 6-6-2014 by urmenimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The low res vids mean one of 2 things.

1) It's a poor man's find, like the Dead Sea Scrolls - someone without money for a better phone and with no connections through which to profit from the find, hence the newspaper date shot and vids posted in the public domain to attract a buyer.

2) Or, of course, it's fake and in low res it's harder to tell real from fake.

edit on 6-6-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

MUCH clearer videos below, showing many items in the pit HAD BEEN MOVED, UNCOVERED AND UPRIGHTED after the first filming, and some vids showing some items apparently put up for viewing for possible sale as well.

www.youtube.com...

[credit goes to op or an earlier poster for digging up what may be the original youtube page [very few views] with some higher res. than the original vid. also showing the cave filmed at two separate times. - just reposting link here]

edit on 6-6-2014 by urmenimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: urmenimu

MUCH clearer videos below, showing many items in the pit HAD BEEN MOVED, UNCOVERED AND UPRIGHTED after the first filming, and some vids showing some items apparently put up for viewing for possible sale as well.

www.youtube.com...

Maybe it's Hawass, embittered by his fall has decided to sell the treasure he's been hiding all these years ;D

Whoever it is, they better know that they're getting themselves involved with very ruthless people - people that have money, but would rather give it to mercenaries to kill and steal the loot, rather than pay for it.

I hope they have a good plan.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

its interesting to note in the clearer vids you can see the guy who is filming has a working man's hands...like a farmer or laborer, not an elite or intellectual.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: urmenimu

Yep, the most likely scenario is one similar to the Dead Sea Scrolls find - probably accidental, rather than 'treasure hunters'. Managing to profit from this and stay alive in the process is certainly a Pharaoh's curse.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Probably not news to anyone here, but just to confirm i think the higher res vids on Youtube are shot with the same crappy low res phone-cam and have been subsequently converted to high-res.

All that really does is make the big-blurry low-res pixels very sharp edged big-blurry low-res pixels.

edit on 6-6-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i'd like to add one last thought before I leave this thread to, hopefully, Egyptologists or new analysis. hopefully it may attract some attention now that its on the top of ATS' home page.

I do condemn all looters. understanding and preserving knowledge and history in these sites is paramount...but IF this is real...its like a dream come true in some ways...to walk right into an undisturbed tomb, treasures intact...to see how it was...AMAZING manE. I realize how important it is to record and categorize everything by painstaking steps in archaeology, but the end result is WE never get to see the objects in location, in the wholeness of their cultural ecology...WE would only see a find like this years later, when individual items were displayed in glass cases. a walkthrough like this would NEVER be allowed in today's archaeology, and if this was real, its amazing just to see it even by cellphone cam in a way people never get to see discoveries like this. it feels weird to see it almost, even if its faked. any fan of ancient culture dreams of a walkthrough like this one.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have watched all the videos from here and on the You Tube site of the foolish seller.
I do not believe this is fake.
I believe it is possibly older than King Tutankhamen's and whats been taken for crude fakes is possibly just bad craftsmanship.
I am surprised no one has made a comment about the huge amount of Lapis Lazuli in the boxes and stashed into the holes of the walls not to mention the funeral jars which are used to hold the organs of the dead and several statues scattered around.There are huge chunks of Lapis Lazuli which is a statement to the wealth of the deceased buried there.
I believe it could be a relocated burial of someone who was under threat of being looted and Priests decided to move them to safety.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Caspian234

I suspect you may actually be right.

At least about the items shown in the videos here anyways: www.youtube.com...

They are looking pretty authentic and the idea of a relocated burial does make a lot of sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Quick I need a paramedic I've nearly overdosed on bs ! Cool vid but it's more hope then reality , all I need is Eric Von d and then I'm dead it will be a major overdose of bs .

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have been fortunate to see numerous artifacts in museums and I agree that the videos do seem to be authentic

It would be hard to imagine anyone going to all the bother of making such an elaborate hoax either, given that the number of YouTube hits probably wouldn't be any fewer even if the clip was just a few seconds long.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There is some pretty amazing detail shown in this video, I was skeptical at first but I really am not sure what to think now

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: Sremmos80

But i don't know, there are some things in the videos that doesn't seem right.

How about the person yelling...Yippee I'm rich!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: swordsandpens

Pretty amazing...if any of you have the book of the dead it's amazing to see the exact symbols in the book...problem is putting them together to make sense...but wow!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Better video I think of the same one you showed...a reply to: Mianeye

This one appears to be much clearer and I believe it's the same one...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
After watching the videos, I'm inclined to say fake. That's the response I think most people seemed to have when they saw it. Too good to be true? Could there really be something like this still out there?

I don't want to say fake or real until I read more into it and find some proper sources.
Some great idea's coming out of this thread. This is why I love ATS, this is why I came here all those years ago..Love this stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
After watching the videos, I'm inclined to say fake. That's the response I think most people seemed to have when they saw it. Too good to be true? Could there really be something like this still out there?

I don't want to say fake or real until I read more into it and find some proper sources.
Some great idea's coming out of this thread. This is why I love ATS, this is why I came here all those years ago..Love this stuff.

Doesn't seem fake, especially after the last video. It's not as if they can go through all this, and then actually sell fakes to someone who is going to pay them possibly millions of dollars for their find. Of course there is stuff like this out there. Probably 1,000 times this amount all over the place.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join